Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avalush

Is it okay to have children with my..

did you think they were all brain damaged and you just hadn't noticed? lol

I did a family history a month ago, and did notice there was 1 2nd cousin relationship in my family line , but it was my great great great grandparents on my mothers fathers side.. I dont think that would affect it much . my parents are also 3rd cousins once removed, does that matter?

As you can probably tell, haha, I live on an island in a small town.  Probably why the selection is somewhat limited ;)

I found out my parents are cousins at least 4 times, distantly , 3rd once removed, 4th cousins, 5th cousins, 6th cousins. I also found out I was more mikmaq indian then any other ethnicity, then i was party french and english. I grew up all these years thinking I was mainly english. So it was a big surprise.

I knew I had one grandparent that was an indian mi'kmaq, but what I didn't know was that my other 3 grandparents were also part indian. 1 of them was half indian, the other over half indian (70%), the other 25% indian. So like wow ! I definately had No idea ! I didnt know much about my fathers side of my family as I did not grow up with him, so doing a family tree really helped me discover a lot of things !