<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
shahindia12

First cousin marriage legal or illegal in India?

Let's make a meeting all the cousin lovers come online at April 30 Eve 7pm.

We can help each other all of you set reminder and come online. 

I am in the same boat as you guys. In love with my first cousin for 4 years now. Im 26 she's 21 but obviously our parents and relatives wont accept it. Lets discuss here what are legal challenges we have to face if we decide to stay together. We are hindus from south and i know that our marriage would be void but what if we change religion to bahai faith or something and get married?

Edited by gultdude

On 10/24/2011 at 10:59 AM, as747 said:

hey guys please help me out.. i'm in love with my first cousin...from last five years... last year we both came to US..she is a doctor, preparing for specialization  and i'm a graduate student at university of southwestern medical center dallas texas.. i'm a prosthesist..... she is  my mother's brother's daughter... we are hindu brahmins, sharma (North India)..she was born and brought up in mumbai and i was born and brought up in Jaipur..  we both are 24 years old and our family planning to get us married in three years.... please guys help us out..any descent couple who wanna trade for there love let me know...by this way we can keep our families happy too... after three years we  both may get the greencard so if u marry us we can come back to US and can spend our life happily with our loves. guys please reply....plssssssssssssssssssssssssss...i really need sum1's help... i hope sum1 will show up as an angel of my life.... m very scared of spending my life without her... so guys pls reply asap....

my email id is [email protected]

plz reply asap.... plzzzzz

Hello...Did you marry your cousin?..I am from Mumbai belongs to South Indian family..in love with mother's sister' daughter..Let's help each other by trading our love, if you are still waiting to marry your cousin...Let me know if you succeed marrying your love.

On 11/8/2011 at 10:24 PM, Guest dinesh said:

i love my mother's sister's daughter.we really want to marry each other.is there anyone from bangalore or tamilnadu in a similar situation as ours?plz contact me:[email protected]

Hey,

I am also from South Indian family...Wanted to marry my mother's sister's daughter...Can we help each other?

On 12/26/2012 at 11:40 PM, Guest sharen said:

Hi...

Even i m facing the same problm... N after doin research i got to find tht

After converting to christianity... Under indian christian marriage

Act one cn get married.... One case hs happened in delhi high court of similar

Thing n the judge hs granted thm clean chit... N thier relation is registered

N legal. M tryg to get those facts more in detail... N also tryg to know

More abt how to get it done.....

U cn also go on similar path n find out conclusions....

If u find any info..pls share.......

Hello Share,

Let me know if you succeed marrying your cousin. I wanted to marry my mother's sister's daughter...

Guest Guest N

Same problem help me. I want to marry my father's brother's daughter

Guest Nss

I saw one post that is to exchange our loved one for society then we can move outside then we can live happily.. that means if I will marry your girl then u will marry my girl for society..after mrg we can move new city then u can live with it girl and I can live with my girl... 

Guest NM

Guys I'm from Tamilnadu... Yaaravathu cousin lovers iruntha solunga enaku oru idea iruku .

Guest Dhanu
On 5/27/2017 at 5:33 PM, Ymas said:

Hey,

I am also from South Indian family...Wanted to marry my mother's sister's daughter...Can we help each other?

I m also from South Indian family..we can do cross marriage contact me soon.My mail [email protected] can search me in fb also.plz contact soon.i love my father's brother's daughter.

Guest Space

Can me and my first cousin(father's sister's daughter marry? I m 19 n she is 13 now.Can we marry after 7-8 yrs?

My cousin name is rishikesan. Me and him love him deepl. Suddenly he tried to avoid me but he couldn't avoid. He is scared to marry me suddenly. He is in Canada but he is scared that what if media publish into world and his canada visa may cancel etc... I can't marry anyone except hum.  There is difference. I think him as my husband from the day he kept kumkun on my forehead. I have hope that I can manage my family but he is little scared now.

My parents are old and so does him parents. My family relatives are money oriented only. They can't help my parents either even if I do arrange marriage.

Staying single till 30 years old and marry ur love one and go away.

On 28/03/2013 at 5:13 PM, Guest chrao said:

hi,

i am from chennai, i married to my first cousin 6 months back we both are loving each other. 10 days before some problem arise i dont know exactly suddenly everybody forcing us to take divorce. but we want to live our life..  anyone please help us ....?  i want help ......to get back my wife

Take ur love one and Go far away to another city like bangalore or hyderabad

On 27/06/2017 at 3:16 PM, Guest NM said:

Guys I'm from Tamilnadu... Yaaravathu cousin lovers iruntha solunga enaku oru idea iruku .

Enna idea ???

On 27/06/2017 at 3:16 PM, Guest NM said:

Has Any One Married Their Fathers Brother Son/Daughter or Mothers Sisters Son/Daughter??

Are you happy with your married life?

Are your parents happy or still angry..

What did you go through??

What actions did you needed to take...

I am very confused can you help me....

On 1/28/2018 at 2:49 PM, Swathi said:

My cousin name is rishikesan. Me and him love him deepl. Suddenly he tried to avoid me but he couldn't avoid. He is scared to marry me suddenly. He is in Canada but he is scared that what if media publish into world and his canada visa may cancel etc... I can't marry anyone except hum.  There is difference. I think him as my husband from the day he kept kumkun on my forehead. I have hope that I can manage my family but he is little scared now.

My parents are old and so does him parents. My family relatives are money oriented only. They can't help my parents either even if I do arrange marriage.

Staying single till 30 years old and marry ur love one and go away.

Hi Swathi,

We are sharing the same story! I and my cousin from Mumbai is in deeply love with each other but due to society we couldn't get married. We can marry each other's love and all 4 can stay together somewhere for whole life! How many years old are you and your cousin is? 

Edited by Arjun

On 07/02/2018 at 5:30 PM, Arjun said:

Hi Swathi,

We are sharing the same story! I and my cousin from Mumbai is in deeply love with each other but due to society we couldn't get married. We can marry each other's love and all 4 can stay together somewhere for whole life! How many years old are you and your cousin is? 

Hi arjun,

Rishikesan cheated me. He is not a man. 1 day I will take revenge on him and show him what he had done to me. I will show him that I will be happy without him. He is not a real man who don't  have guts to face problems.
He did everything to me and throw me into trash.
He told me that he just realised that me and him did huge mistakes.
Before he didn't realised because I was there with him for all. I guided him and I showed my true love and been honest.
I was ready to change into Christianity for him. I was been ready to give my life too. He told me that he wants to live for long.
He doesn't have ball to face problems.
While we started to realise our love, mine age was 22 and his was 26. So he was elder and he would be matured enough to say before that me and him to be together wrong. But I waited for him more than 3 years. He is going to complete his studies April 2018. I was hoping to see him soon, yesterday he told me that he will be happy without me. I gave him everything what I had and did whatever he says.
I didn't go to a nice job which I got after my mba for him. I lost everything my heart, my body.

My humble request don't love or don't make promises that u people will be there forever.
If u guys are not bold enough then walk away.
I will take  revenge on him or he will face bad life for sure.

He is not a real man.
I will marry a real man and show him. How the man would be and I will achieve in my career.

I prayed to god that he should be good and happy but he is taking away sin. He will face whatever he done to me.

Don't marry if you guys are not bold enough to face problems.
Ur partner should be there if any problems comes or else please move on.
I will never ever see his face. He is not good looking guy too.
kissy-face off rishikesan.

Rishikesan you will never be happy and live long. You bloody asshole. 

Edited by Swathi
kissy-face off

On 3/8/2015 at 8:26 AM, Guest Surya said:

Hi prabhu, i am also facing the same situation, i am also from trichy.. can u pls give me ur contact pls?

In tamilnadu They are allowing the first cousin marriage(cros cousin ),but they are saying that paternal cousin is sister this is insane.

Edited by amudhan

On 6/27/2017 at 7:46 PM, Guest NM said:

What idea..

On 11/9/2013 at 7:09 PM, Guest prabhu said:

i m prabhu from trichy. i m also love my first cousin.( my mother sisiter daughter ). we are love from kid..now only we face the problem.. to marry first cousin.. now we dont knw to wat we do... my parents and her parents belive us very much that means we are more time in home without my parents...can anybody help to me to marry her...

I am also face the same issue....I am love with my mother's sister daughter 10 years. I am age 32 still not married becoz of my deep love ..I can't leave her. My family situation also very worst. My mom got sick. I can't leave my mom also. Any body having any solution.. pls 

On 5/17/2010 at 5:07 PM, Guest RnR said:

hai friends

Iam from Tamilnadu and iam in love with my first cousin(my mothers siaters doughter). we are in love for past 10 years and we are sure enough that our parents will not accept this. Also i have been intensively consulting on cousin marriages and found ut few points. First thing, It is a prohibited relationship as per any marriage law in India(expect muslim). U can go ahead and marry if any one party(Boy or girls custom) have been accepting it for a long time.

So truthfully speaking, there is no way to register your marriage.

The only option is that you can marry in any temple(without telling that you r cusins) and then go and settle in any other state. In the new state you may register your marriage b supresing that u r cousins (be carefull that no one objects to your marriage in the new state) and live happily.

Another point is that , why u all want permission from law to marry your cousin. Why u want to register your marriage? don't your lover trust you? just marry in any temple and just live together, dont bother about registerations.

I think if all cousinlovrs in India work as group and help each others, we can suceed in this, lets think about this.

Happy married life......

you can mail me at - [email protected]

hi ramesh iam also from tamilnadu i too have the same problem i am in love with my fathers brothers daughter .In our state people allow the cross cousin marriages though it is illegal but they will say it's incest when we fell in love with parallel cousin. I hate this system.I dont care about law and society no one can stop my love.

On 11/9/2013 at 7:09 PM, Guest prabhu said:

i m prabhu from trichy. i m also love my first cousin.( my mother sisiter daughter ). we are love from kid..now only we face the problem.. to marry first cousin.. now we dont knw to wat we do... my parents and her parents belive us very much that means we are more time in home without my parents...can anybody help to me to marry her...

hi prabhu iam from tamilndu me too having the same problem.

Edited by amudhan