<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
shahindia12

First cousin marriage legal or illegal in India?

I am more than happy to see this blog .

actually your parents do not have any problems over your marriage in this case , this is the society who force our parents to deny it saying that it will ruin their reputation in the society .

this is all about the bloody fake honour of the society , they do not see their own sister or wife who goes and sleeps some where else but they are more concerned about that what going out their in the town or in neighbourer's house .

I myself married my first cousin (my mother's siter's daughter) .our parents had to accept it as we both stuck to our decision .and told our parents that if they will not allow us to marry then we will never marry in the whole life . now we are living happily .

i want to let you people know that in some parts of punjab north india sikhs also allow these type of marriages . now i know many of these type of couples .

and registration of marriage also not difficult , go to some big city pay some lawyer and get you marriage registered , it is that simple .money makes mare go .

wish you all best of luck , if you love dare to get it .

Hello Gursewak !

Congrates dear, I m happy that u r living with ur love!

I m from sikh jatt community from north india and i think u r too from!

I also love my cousin( mom's bro's daughter), i tried alot to convience our parents but they are not even listen to my points , they hate me and her parents consider me a person having durty mind, this is not true. I love her truly & i cant live without her, plz suggest me something plz, i want to talk u about this plz rply soon......! I m wainting!

Guest chrao

hi,

i am from chennai, i married to my first cousin 6 months back we both are loving each other. 10 days before some problem arise i dont know exactly suddenly everybody forcing us to take divorce. but we want to live our life..  anyone please help us ....?  i want help ......to get back my wife

I will not recommend conversion to any other religion to marry your cousin. Whoever decides to marry his/her cousin they should fight against such laws

PS: Hindu, in a relationship with my 1st cousin and will never convert

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Hindu-cousins-can-marry-after-converting-to-Christianity-Delhi-HC/articleshow/9429556.cms........hey guys am too madly in love wid my first cousin am frm north India [removed by KC per request]...please read the article n help all of us to do the marriage legally..so that no one can separate us with our partners..pls find d way

Hi...

Even i m facing the same problm... N after doin research i got to find tht

After converting to christianity... Under indian christian marriage

Act one cn get married.... One case hs happened in delhi high court of similar

Thing n the judge hs granted thm clean chit... N thier relation is registered

N legal. M tryg to get those facts more in detail... N also tryg to know

More abt how to get it done.....

U cn also go on similar path n find out conclusions....

If u find any info..pls share.......

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Hindu-cousins-can-marry-after-converting-to-Christianity-Delhi-HC/articleshow/9429556.cms

pls giv me ur contact details sharan...

From db 4eachother..my mail id is [removed by KC per request]

I'm 22 yrs old and married. Me and my first cousin i.e. my mother's younger sister's son love each other. We hadn't met or spoken to each other for almost ten years after which we met a year ago through social networking. We got talking and soon start messaging each other all through the day. As we come from a very conservative Maharashtrian family, our upbringing made us believe what was happening between us wasn't right. We couldn't meet often as we stayed in different cities. But whenever we did meet we knew that the sparks were flying. Finally we expressed to each other what we felt for each other. I was in a relationship for 5 years but then that 5 years old relation didn't matter to me any more. My husband never bothered to care or show love for me may be that was a reason that I looked for love outside my relation. He too has been in a relationship for past 2 years. We have looked and checked all options by which we could get married but couldn't find an option. The society, our family, and even the law of our country doesn't let us be together. I have been married for last one month now but I can't be with my husband any more. I feel like I'm cheating not just on my husband but also my cousin and more over my own self by depriving my self the happiness of being in a relation which is about trust, love, care, sharing happy and sad moments with your special some one. I wish and pray that love be found to all who look for it.... If any one can find a solution to this please let know, we both would be grateful to you all our lives which we wish to spend with each other....

hey sayali,look we get life once and we shud enjoy this life with dat person who wants ys love us r take care of us..life z not an agrrement done by our parents so i suggest you to move to ur cousin,dere us a process of getting married legally by converting into christian and den marraige see the article i have posted in above replies..can i know ur email id

Guest Reena

Hi, I am Christian, even I am in love with my first cousin for 7 years and has been in relationship. I cant think about any other person since I already shared my life with him. Can I know is it legal to marry in my case in India.

:cheesy: WOWWW!!!!! guys u r doing really a good job........ yeah!!!!!

I am 22 years old,well highly educated girl and i have a love relationship with my cousin(mother's younger sister's son),He is too highly educated(23 yrs old).See i jusssssssssssst want to marry with him and only himmmmmmmm,I cant think about any other else,He is perfect for me,He is the only one who is caring about me.

:smiley:

hmmm but as usual .... :( we belongs to maharashtrian family.but basically we are buddhisht.Now guys plz suggest me what to do next.My family should accept us but just because of society i think they will not accept us. :cheesy:

Help me pllllzzzzzzzzzz. :cheesy:

..................hi neha i also have same problem can u tell me the solution of it...she is my mother's sister's daughter......plzzz help me out....waiting for ur reply.....am from north india....(.rajasthan)

I am also facing from the same problem guys.But let me tell u just one thing guys:I belong to Maharashtra state,I will definitely marry with him(mother's sister's son),we both are well educated and we are mad in love with each others.We r just crazy about each other.So guys let do it, afterall its about u'r life and don't let people to say abuse things about u guys.Its superb decision to get marry with u'r first cousin..Good luck to U and me tooo.. :smiley: Let just do it ,U all have the GREAT potential as I know....!!!!!

..................hi neha i also have same problem can u tell me the solution of it...she is my mother's sister's daughter......plzzz help me out....waiting for ur reply.....am from north india....(.rajasthan)

I am also facing from the same problem guys(22 yrs old).But let me tell u just one thing guys:I belong to Maharashtra state,I will definitely marry with him(mother's sister's son),we both are well educated and we are mad in love with each others.We r just crazy about each other.So guys let do it, afterall its about u'r life and don't let people to say abuse things about u guys.Its superb decision to get marry with u'r first cousin..Good luck to U and me tooo.. :smiley: Let just do it ,U all have the GREAT potential as I know....!!!!!

I am also feeling the same problem;

i love my first cousin for last 10 years but last month her family arranged her marriage with some person and now my cousin also avoid me to make his family happy but i know well that i cant live with her.

Two months left for her marriage so give me some advice what i have to do now.

:cry:

Hello friend if u'r love is true then don't hesitate to tell her and his FAMILY too.First u should convince her about u'r great feelings towards her and then u both can convince u'r parents.Thank u!  :smiley:

What if all the cousin couples got together and decided a way forward to make our dreams come true.

Any suggestions, if we could make a social group and decide how to go about marrying.

GREAT,FANTASTIC,SUPERB..........AWESOME idea!!!!!1

Guest db4eachotherq

hey rutuja convert into christ n den get married...see d article i have posted...fiv me ur fb id,email..r any contact detail

Hello ..

Hhmm..  Converting into christianity.. And get married isn't a good idea..!!! 

Why because..  Christianity in india doesn't allow first cousin marriages..

I'm also a christian but , and from andhra..  My region allows cross cousin marriages..( Mothers brothers daughter for men / mothers brothers son for women)

I love my parallel/ortho  cousin .. ( Mothers sisters daughter )..  I hd read carefully indian christian marriage act.. And contacted a legal lawyer..  Nd came to know that..

Only cross cousin marriages are allowed in south india only..

And I hv.  A option to marry my parallel cousin without let knowing  church priest .. And live somewhere else in country. To avoid social danger.. If any of my relatives or ny..

Person complains .. I hv to go to court.. And ask for exception for my marriage.. Like d person asked in 2009..(Person in article "Can marry  After converting to christianity" )

In that case also .. Nybody can't gaurenty that , the court allow my marriage..

Even the court accepts

Here s another problem..

Society..  You can't live happily . In this cousin.marriage banned country.. You hv to face many problems..  So.. 

In my openion.

Converting to christianity for marriage is.. Wrong decision..

In other hand.. Converting to islam..

Is the better option available..

Why because.. Islam (muslim) allows

Both parallel cousin ,nd cross cousin marriages.. So you can live anywhere in india..

So.. Make. A wise decision..

Nd

? DANGER note ?

False oath.. ~ false beliefe

Remember.. Islam is a religion with strict rules.. And regulations..

If priest believes that. You have false oath..  It hv the authority to cancel the religion change..

Nd one more thing.. A muslim person can marry a christian girl..

But Not a hindu girl.

So.read these all.. And gather the information about laws.. And make a fine decision.. 

$??.  I here by declaring ,I am not encouraging any person to get convert into muslim only for the purpose of marriage..

These are options available only..

In other hand.. Its all upto you.. O to make a decision...

''Kk.. Thank you friends..  Hope we all live happily wid our loved cousin..

hey ur r christian...bt hindus after converting wont fall in sapinda relation asper legal rules..govt allowed the marraige of mr gogna in article...converting christ is easy i think better dan muslim..

ok read everything....i think discussing on the net won't solve any problems....have to step out....i think we need to challenge the special marriage act of the hindu....though only delhi hc has allowed cousin marriages after converting to christianity....but what about rest of the states except south....i'm also in a relationship with my mother's brother's daughter... Please delhi people start a community or something...

Regards

Dushyant

Guest i can feeel

hey guys....  beware....  its all about your privacy...  some people in here are asking email id's....  nd fb id's....  why jus cant we chat here..!!!??

if you think ,  it is necessary to chat through fb..  i.e  instant chat...  make it on a fake id...  fb id free...  but yout privacy is imp...  so....  be carefull guys....  who knows .. the person who ask .s your details mght be a news reporter  whos preparing a report on cousin marriages in india... ??

what if..  he shows this relation in negatve way  revealng your identity ???..  so.. jus be carefull...  while giving your details

Please report any such requests to the Admins here. We will put a stop to it.

you are admin saab... 

i personally dont have ny problem if someone gives something to someone...

but...  i cant bear d pain,, ]if someone suffers with ..  privacy issues...  thats why i made d post.... 

Anyone can PM anyone else. It's a feature, not a privacy issue. If they are inappropriate PMs, please let us know.