<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
shahindia12

First cousin marriage legal or illegal in India?

All Indian folks who commented above in this post i have few questions for you,

Where are you and what happened to you guys now????

Did u guys give up????

Did u let your love go marry someone else and you also compromised??

Did any of you tried something to live together?

Life is once, we should do something to live our life, my love(cousin) has stopped contacting me admitting that no one will accept our relationship but i didnt give up, i am doing my best i am trying to find ways , i have even spoke to my mom and her sister about this, I have a plan  and ill execute it ,im just waiting for her and trying to convince her to contact me..

Guys lets  unite then only something will happen else sit in a bar or some corner of your room and keep crying throughout life...

Guest Preeti

I'm in same kind of situation.. He left me.. because he thinks norhing will happen in this relationship.. he tells he cnt leave his parents.. i hv been waiting for him since 2009.. can u please help me..

Guest sameer bisht

I am also finding a couple who r frm uttranchal nd love there cousin.

I am a North India Brahmin. I am 31 she is 28. Feeling so tensed these days and i see no help from anyside and wedding bells are ringing every now and then. We are looking for someone to share our feelings.

Guest DineshKumar

hello....i'm from tamilnadu but working in bangalore.love with mother's sister's daughter.somebody who really love and support cousin marriage plz contact me guys.09379142468

Guest DineshKumar

hi guys..

Here many tamil nadu people are there.i posted my mail id and phone number many times.still now no one contact me.we have to take some quick decision.then only we can live with our loved ones.plz contact me guys.

Guest arun

Hi all ,

I m in love with a gal , i am Hindu , the problem is that  my grandfather(Mom's father) is cousin brother of the gal's father.

can we marry??

Please help me to understand this cross generation law and rule..

Many thanks in advance.

I am a North India Brahmin. I am 31 she is 28. Feeling so tensed these days and i see no help from anyside and wedding bells are ringing every now and then. We are looking for someone to share our feelings.

hw can i contact u.

I'm in same kind of situation.. He left me.. because he thinks norhing will happen in this relationship.. he tells he cnt leave his parents.. i hv been waiting for him since 2009.. can u please help me..

helo preeti i can hlp u if u want

Guest Dinesh Kumar

I want to marry my mother's younger sister daughter. We both love each other. We don't have anyother option other than marriage. Pls anyone help me out whether it is legal ? We from hindu religion

hello Ramesh...i'm also in same situation.plz contact me at "redacted"

Is there any lawyer here?

dushyantrock,

We are not lawyers, and we don't give legal advice. We have a hard enough time keeping up with the different laws in the 50 States in the US. If I recall, there was a lawyer who posted either in this thread or a similar one. The obvious choices for those of you in India are none to easy to do. My advice is to migrate to a country where it is legal, and don't look back. In your culture, that is not as easy as it is in the US. I still think it is the best option though....

Guest Roy

In the Mahabharat, Arjuna married his first and cross cousin Subhadra. Subhadra is the daughter of Vasudev and his first wife Rohini Devi. And Arjun was the son of Vasudev's own sister Kunti, who was the biological daughter of Shurasen (father of Vasudev) and the foster daughter of King Kunti-Bhoj. Also, Pradyumna's( Eldest son of SriKrishna) marriage with Rukmi's( Brother of Rukmini) daughter was also a cousin marriage.

So, hindu religion doesn't support cousin marriage is not entirely true.

Guest veena

guys! even i am in love with my first cousin once removed. fighting for it hard. as someone said, people here consider it as sin. But how could someone say she is like your daughter or sister, when she is actually not. its really hard to find true love. but when people find it, the try to stop us. Ridiculous!

there is should be a common voice to support all cousin lovers. we are not sinners common. we are just fighting for love.

it is a good idea to create a common community of all cousin couples. think about it guys. it might help any one of us or even a third person. no matter whom, but love shouldnt be let to die.

Guest ANJU

WE HAVE HEARD A COMMON GOOD THOUGHT THAT GOD IS ONE.

AND AFTER THAT HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE THAT GOD HAS MADE DIFFERENT LAWS FOR THE SAME THINGS IT IS RIDICULOUS AS IT IS MAN MADE.HINDUISM DOES NOT PERMIT IT BUT WITH CERTAIN  EXCEPTIONS IT IS MORE PREVALENT IN SOUTH INDIA .MUSLIMS CHRISTIANS  PERMIT IT.SOCIETY IS WHAT WE MAKE NOT WE GET.SAI BABA SAYS GOD IS ONE.COUSIN MARRIAGE IS NOT SIN ..I  DO NOT FOLLOW IN PATERNAL SIDE BECAUSE ITS A FAMIY AND SAME GOTRA ..BUT IT CAN BE DONE IN MATERNAL SIDE.

ANJU,

I have no idea about gotra, but, genetically, there is no difference between the sides of the family. Paternal is the same as maternal. In fact, actually, the maternal side would be technically closer, because of the mitochondrial DNA. I don't think it plays into the issues cousins would face, but, I'm not a geneticist either. For whatever gotra is, it is cultural, not of genetic significance. Both sides are family, and genetically, the same. Unless one side has an issue that runs in that side of the family, (heart problems, diabetes, breast cancer, oh, I don't know, ingrown toenails, who knows) only those issues would be any sort of further factor than the 1%-3% increased risks a child of cousins would statistically face. And, an unrelated couple who both have the same trait running in their respective lines would have the same chance of bearing children with a tendency to such an issue.

Guest Navi

Hi  to all, I am navi from punjab. I love my parental uncle's daughter. Pls contact me if any one can help me with this

My email I'd is

email address removed by mod.

Please do not post email addresses on forum for safety reasons.

If you wish to correspond with someone please use the PM (private message) tool.

Guest Navi

Hi. My name is navi. I belongs to Hindu Khatri community. I am from Punjab. Me and my father's brother daughter love each other and wants to stay with each other. If someone has the same kind of relationship , pls do contact me so that we can help each other

My mail I'd is " redacted, AGAIN"