• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Caren

Immigration help

7 posts in this topic

Okay me and my husband meet ten years ago we didn't know we were related until our family's meet and I was already having a child we found out my dad and his mom were brothers but had not talked do to a fight they had a long time ago I didn't know anything about her and well we found out we were cousins and well our parents didn't blame us so they approved of our relationship I am in Michigan and got married here but he is trying to fix me a citizenship but I am scared they will not approve or will deny me because we are first cousins we found out we don't have the same blood but I'm still scared any advice if I should apply or is it just a waste of money 

You would  be best served by contacting an attorney.  We do not give legal advice on the site.

I wish you well in your search for information.

Romalee is right,  Do please let us know what happens.  We really care!

HUGS

Nat

Okay well I haven't been to a lawyer yet I'm scared to do so and some what feel like she or he will Jude me my husband says to go on with the process and don't say anything because we didn't know anything till now but I am so scared to do so because my marriage can get void because it is not allowed in Michigan I actually did all the research and everything is just convincing me to stay quite and just continue to live here illegally  I have a special permission to be here but It has nothing to do with him and now I am unsure what to do??? 

caren, i empathize, really i do! but there is just no way we can answer your question. don't be afraid to see an attorney. once you pay an attorney, even for a consultation, he is bound by atty/client privilege and can't go turning you in... and probably wouldn’t anyway. and as for your fear that he might judge you, don't let that bother you. this is not really such an unusual question for an attorney to be asked.

Your respon

On September 5, 2016 at 1:34 PM, LadyC said:

caren, i empathize, really i do! but there is just no way we can answer your question. don't be afraid to see an attorney. once you pay an attorney, even for a consultation, he is bound by atty/client privilege and can't go turning you in... and probably wouldn’t anyway. and as for your fear that he might judge you, don't let that bother you. this is not really such an unusual question for an attorney to be asked.

Your response makes me feel much better my husband says I show just tell the lawyer but I really haven't decided and I told him I'm always so afraid people will jude us we were really young when I got pregnant and we didn't even know there was laws against our marriage were so young and I been reading a lot of your comments and stuff they are so helpfull sometimes I feel like I have no real friends cuz they don't know anything the good this is my whole family and his family except us being a couple and even growing our family because without them I would be completely lost  thank you 

Did you visit a lawyer? Your future and well being may be at stake here, and so, you need to ask all the questions and get your concerns out of the way. One of my friends is also facing the same issue and they immediately contacted the lawyer and he guided them well. To locate the best lawyers you could try these out, social media profiles like on Facebook or Twitter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0