Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MyOwnHorn

Plot Idea For First Cousin Romance Story(Would Welcome Imput/Suggestions)

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

2 posts in this topic

Fellow CousinCouples,

As I?m typing this,I really realize just how long it has been.  It?s been too long.

First,I?d like to thank everyone who took an interest/responded to my many past posts.

Beginning with my original post(May 31,2011),they have all focused on one subject.

Starting with that first post,I?ve shared with you my dream.  This involves writing a

romance story in which the 2 main characters are First Cousins.  With work,this has the

potential of becoming a novel-length story.

Unfortunately,for a time,this had to be put on the back burner.  My life became really

busy.  Because of that,it became impossible for me to write.  Thankfully,I am back on

track now.

In each response(from May 31,2011 and on),you?ve shared both your

imput/suggestions along concerns.  Each one has been insightfull,passionate,and

thoughtful.  I have appreciated reading all of them.  Having more of these helps the

creative process improve.

Having mentioned this,I want to clearly explain the reason(s) for this new post.

In the midst of research/story development,I have also been trying to work on a plot

that fits and makes sense as well.

While turning this question over and over(in my mind),an idea came out of the blue.

Now,here?s my idea for a possible plot:

My main male character would be a 19 year old from a Midwestern state.  The

summer he graduates from high school,he moves to Washington State,Montana,or

Wyoming to stay with his Uncle/family.  Possibly,he?s trying to escape some kind of past

abuse(emotional,physical,etc.)  While there,he meets and falls in love with his younger

First Cousin(main female character.)  As this story would be progressive,their

relationship would be non-sexual(at first.)  As it moves along,however,they would face

different challanges/problems that could threaten their relationship.

In sharing my idea for a possible plot,I hope I?ve expressed myself clearly.  This is

really important to me.

Since my May 31,2011 original post,I have also highlighted several challenges this

story would raise.  Naturally,this plot idea would raise similar challenging issues.

Some of these would be(not limited to):

1. A possible  long distance relationship?

2.  My main characters live in(may move to) states where first cousin marriage is

prohibited by state law?

3.  How do their families handle this relationship?

My reasoning for having these 3 main questions is that they help bring clearer

focus to my plot idea.  All 3 fit well with it.

With this new post,I am open and would welcome the imput/suggestions from

other writers/readers.  What do you think of this plot idea?  Could it really use some

improvement?  Whatever you have to say,please know that I do appreciate it.

Lastly,I want to again thank everyone who have responded to my many past

posts.  Thank you.

Tap tap tap......My cousin has a pre canceerous condition....we can't touch each other the way want to....but we love each other unconditionally....we took a hot air balloon ride over Boise a month ago....if you could see the glow on her face....you wouldn'nt need a story line. Her face was it...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0