<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
catfan

Mixed signals/how to proceed

I'll start by saying that he is 28 and I'm 22. We see each other a couple times each year on family trips. He asked me for my snapchat on vacation last year and that's when it all started. 

I tend to post a lot of revealing snapchat stories, say what you want about it but I have fun doing so. I've noticed he watches every single one and I've definitely seen him staring and my boobs and butt before in the past. Also, those of you who have snapchat know you can clearly tell by the little preview bubble that I'm in my underwear or showing cleavage or whatever in the post. He one time (likely when drunk) responded with the horny emoji ? after viewing my story, and just last week he randomly sent me a shirtless selfie (though only the top half of his chest was showing, he may have been testing out the waters to gauge my reaction). 

Anyways last family trip he was acting really weird. We were in LA where he's never been, and he's the type who likes going out so I was surprised one night when he was "too tired" to go downtown and basically blew off going out with me. I also snapped him asking him to take me for a spin in his nice rental car and he avoided doing so and didn't snap me back. Obviously I should assume that's a sign he's not into me, but part of me thinks it's because I had dyed my hair red before the trip and I know for a fact he prefers blondes. He still continued watching all my revealing posts, and one day when we went swimming I took a lot of bikini selfies. We were all at the table eating family dinner when he watched my story, quit watching them at the table once he saw what it was, and literally went to the bathroom and finished watching the rest of my bikini posts in there.  

I have since dyed my hair blonde again and he seems to snap me more. Anyways I have no clue what to do at this point, I'll be seeing him at Christmas and am really wanting to hook up with him. I don't think he realizes I'm into him, last night I was blackout drunk and sent him a snapchat that I have zero memory of what it was. Not sure if it was innocent or sexual or what but he didn't reply. 

Should I just leave it alone at this point or maybe confront him? Also should I ask him what I sent or just leave it be? We don't get tons of alone time on family trips but he could easily make it happen on Christmas since we'll be at my aunts which is near his apartment (he took me there before and we had a few beers). 

What should my next move be? It's driving me insane to be honest. 

Side note: accidentally posted this thread twice. Sorry!! Was not intentional 

Edited by catfan

well it really depends on what you are wanting in the long run. are you just looking for some sport sex with him, or are you wanting him to actually take you seriously as a person and treat you with respect?

On October 24, 2016 at 0:17 PM, LadyC said:

well it really depends on what you are wanting in the long run. are you just looking for some sport sex with him, or are you wanting him to actually take you seriously as a person and treat you with respect?

Thanks for your reply. Since we have not hooked up at all yet alone discussed feelings, it's too soon to say if I want just sex or something more. At this point I'd be fine with just sex as I am extremely sexually attracted to him. Even if deeper feelings were to grow on both our end, I don't see him as the type to openly date a cousin, though I suppose he might do it secretly. If we were to hook up, maybe we would want more in the future and maybe not. But for now I am simply trying to gauge if he is into me or not and how to go about finding out. 

I don't subscribe to the notion that a woman isn't worthy of being treated respectfully for sexually expressing herself or showing her body. I am highly into fitness and have transformed by body a lot over the past few years, so that is a huge aspect as to why I show it off.

Edited by catfan

you may not subscribe to it now, but your body isn't going to be fabulous forever... and like it or not, sport sex is never going to be fulfilling. not to you, not to the guy. this isn't me being judgmental, this is me speaking from experience... my own and millions of other women. unfortunately, wisdom comes from the school of hard knocks.

sport sex leaves you empty. and hooking up and later wanting more from that person emotionally will almost always fall apart and leave you hurting.

it's clear you are proud of, and love, your body. being fit and healthy is a great thing! but using it for all the wrong reasons is not going bring you what we all crave deep down... someone who will love you unconditionally. someone you can live with, love with, laugh with, and grow old with. using your body the way you are now is going to get you one thing. used.

again, words of experience. if you ever want to talk to someone who has been there, send me a message.

You only see the guy a couple of times a year.

He finds you less attractive depending upon the color of your hair.

Your communication is hinged upon half nekked snap chats.  Some of which are sent in very drunken states.

You don't even have the beginnings of a relationship and at this rate the best you can hope for is  drunken sex at your next meeting.

Move on my dear.  The pursuit of this guy seems exciting because the two of you are cousins and that thrill will wear off quickly.  Find someone you can actually and truly communicate with, even if all you want is sex - at least your sex buddy will be available to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gplee18
      I'm in love with my cousin Victoria, and I wake up in the morning hoping I'll hear from her. And spend my nights worried if she's happy rn. We have humor, music, and so much more in common. But my biggest issue is, if I tell her how I would even bring it up. I don't want it to hurt or relationship because I know the pain would crush me. But she's family, I'm so confused and feel like I could crumble from these feelings. I need answers ?
    • By Ben1
      This is my first post, sorry if I leave stuff out. I have liked my cousin for a few years now, I have no clue how she feels about me and I have no clue how to tell her I like her. We live in the same state, the state we live in, 1st cousin marriage is legal. I am about 3 years older than her. and we live about half an hour away and see each other about every other month.
    • By Sid
      So okay,
      I was 17 and my cousin was 22.She came my home at my sister marriage.At that time seriously I have no feelings for her but I'm totally horny.Day before marriage I slept with my sister on left hand side and with my cousin on right hand side on a single bed.That time I really don't have single feelings on her though she was damn beautiful.She is most beautiful girl in my family and then story began. she touched her lips to my cheecks,I ignore it I know it wouldn't be happen .it's about 2:00 clock she came close to me and put her face on my face , she pretended that she is sleeping but I know she is not.I m negative type of person negative thoughts was coming in my mind that time that what would happen if anybody saw us,is she is still didn't realized that what she's doing.I am not so confident about her,and then she finally touch her boobs with my mouth OMG what a great feeling,and suddenly at that time,whipped cream was came out and all of that horny feeling was flee away and I ignore her and sleep far away from her cuz bed have much space left then I slept at corner of bed.That year she married.Her husband was not good looking guy and I know that she loves good looking boys.3 years was passed away,now we met I see in her eyes that she actually loves me.Yes,she triggered me some time before marriage.I know she have still have feelings,and I have too I want to do sex with her and I don't know how I convince her.I think she forgot about that night because much time is passed away.But still I have a feelings for her,but couldn't gave her single sign .I have fear if she deny me then what would happen,because I have very good name in my family all of them think that I am too innocent and childish though I am 19 now.tell me pls what to do.I love her.please reply anyone if you read till last please give me single suggestion .please

• By Vinegar
      Context: 
      Typical Male/female, young childhood and into early teens (friendship with romance)(*yeah we kissed and Stuff) Spent everyday together. Listened to each other, lived, laughed together, think happy children and broody early teens. We have Strict parents who weren’t entirely comfortable with the romance element but were supportive of our friendship(always warned us not to be kissing etc* they didn’t know also). We were best friends. We often just held each other and watched Cartoons. We done some experimenting but I was too weary and alert to our parents and what other people might think for it to have properly lead to sex. We got bullied by nasty kids on our block because we were always together and they made insinuations and it got her down. She said as we finally decided to cool off from one another and go our separate ways because of the social attitude, she said and I know that we were both young maybe 11 or so she said that we’d run away with each other when we’re older. And that was that. We were always happy to see each other but that barrier we erected when we were younger stayed up. It created awkward silences and created an air of frustration which loomed and brought a certain sadness. We grew apart. 
      Skip on a few years and we’re in our early twenties attending a family event. Her boyfriend is not present. What’s also really important for me to mention is that her boyfriend looks really similar to me. So we’re at a family event without her bf and things just started to happening. We made each other laugh like we used to. She was staring at me ,fidgeting with her hair touching me on my arm making really high pitched sounds when she was with me or whenever I came into the room. But here’s the catch this happens on and off like such hot and cold. She even caressed my younger cousin and looks my way as if to say, yo dude I do this to everyone. Who knows maybe she does? Her boyfriend is quite weary or cold to   me and I to him. We show each other respect but I dislike him. She always leaves in a hurry with him if the three of us meet etc. 
      So what I want to discern is am I looking too much into these little things? Should I ever bring up the past with her. We’re not in contact with each other and definitely live separate lives. When we see each other we’re with other people. But I can’t shake the feelings I have for her. It’s like lightening running through my veins or when the sun emerges from behind a cloud. Nobody makes me laugh like her and she really brings out the best in me. What should I do? 
    • By Vinegar
      Context: 
      Typical Male/female, young childhood and into early teens (friendship with romance)(*yeah we kissed and Stuff) Spent everyday together. Listened to each other, lived, laughed together, think happy children and broody early teens. We have Strict parents who weren’t entirely comfortable with the romance element but were supportive of our friendship(always warned us not to be kissing etc* they didn’t know also). We were best friends. We often just held each other and watched Cartoons. We done some experimenting but I was too weary and alert to our parents and what other people might think for it to have properly lead to sex. We got bullied by nasty kids on our block because we were always together and they made insinuations and it got her down. She said as we finally decided to cool off from one another and go our separate ways because of the social attitude, she said and I know that we were both young maybe 11 or so she said that we’d run away with each other when we’re older. And that was that. We were always happy to see each other but that barrier we erected when we were younger stayed up. It created awkward silences and created an air of frustration which loomed and brought a certain sadness. We grew apart. 
      Skip on a few years and we’re in our early twenties attending a family event. Her boyfriend is not present. What’s also really important for me to mention is that her boyfriend looks really similar to me. So we’re at a family event without her bf and things just started to happening. We made each other laugh like we used to. She was staring at me ,fidgeting with her hair touching me on my arm making really high pitched sounds when she was with me or whenever I came into the room. But here’s the catch this happens on and off like such hot and cold. She even caressed my younger cousin and looks my way as if to say, yo dude I do this to everyone. Who knows maybe she does? Her boyfriend is quite weary or cold to   me and I to him. We show each other respect but I dislike him. She always leaves in a hurry with him if the three of us meet etc. 
      So what I want to discern is am I looking too much into these little things? Should I ever bring up the past with her. We’re not in contact with each other and definitely live separate lives. When we see each other we’re with other people. But I can’t shake the feelings I have for her. It’s like lightening running through my veins or when the sun emerges from behind a cloud. Nobody makes me laugh like her and she really brings out the best in me. What should I do?