• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Juan Pablo

Immigration

Juan Pablo    0

Hello, I'm new to this website and alike all of you I've fallen in love with my first cousin who lives in Mexico and I am more than 100% percent that I truly love her. I want to marry her but I currently live in Texas which prohibits first cousin marriages. I was planning on moving to any state which allows first cousin marriages and then file an I-129F in order to request a marriage visa for my cousin but I need to gather more information. I was hoping someone could guide me or help me please. 

Romalee    26

You say you love her, but does she feel the same way? You didn't  provide any information about how she feels.

We are not lawyers and immigration is not something we get into. Best advice is to contact someone that knows the law and can

gutde you.

Best wishes on your journey.

Juan Pablo    0

Ohh, yes she does love me. We are both willing to continue our relationship despite the possibility that our family might hate us or something. We have already decided to have kids once we settle on a state that allows first cousin marriages. I just don't know what type of lawyer I should contact. We are both adults and we have decided that nothing will stop us.  Does anyone know if first cousin marriages are allowed in Mexico? 

LadyC    99

have you considered marrying her in Mexico? it is legal there. it could make things a good deal easier for you, but you'd still have to figure out how to get her here.

Juan Pablo    0

LadyC, I have indeed. I have considered marrying her in Mexico but than would Texas recognize the marriage. I have tried researching everywhere and I'm unable to find anything on the topic. I am willing to marry her anywhere and live anywhere, as long as I live with her I don't care where I live. 😊

I was looking through forums and I would have to file a k3 form to bring her into the US as my spouse which I'm willing to do if Texas recognizes the marriage.