• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NP

In love but doesn't want to be

Guest NP   
Guest NP

Finally, after soooo long he tells me he is in love with me.  The problem is he says "I'm in love with you, but I don't want to be." I know the stigma/judgments are what worries him.  I don't see any reason to tell the family and I don't want to lose this now that it has finally happened, but he wants some space, and I need to respect that. We are both adults. We have had feelings for one another for years. Has anyone been through this?  I'm so elated that he feels the same as I do but I'm so incredibly saddened that he is trying to push away his feelings.  I know he is confused, I don't want to pressure him but I am in love with him and don't want what we have to end.  Please help.

Guest NP   
Guest NP

Is there any reason for no one's response.  I don't want to seem impatient but please find time for me today.

As with any other relationship, when someone asks for space, it's probably best to give it to them, not to mention the stigma which may or may not be the source of his grief. Give him the space he's requesting, but you may consider directing him here, especially if he's feels confused and alone because of the uniqueness of the situation. I hope it works out.

Guest NP   
Guest NP

Thank you.  I am aware that the stigma is an issue for him.  He is worried of hurting me, but I'd like to show him there can be different outcomes, like happiness.  It bothers me that the only result he can see is my hurt??? I don't understand how that is his first conclusion, but perhaps you are right and if I show him this site he will be less afraid.

LadyC    99

You should register. As a guest, your posts Have to wait till an admin can approve them before anyone else sees them. And sometimes it takes a while for an admin to see it. If you register your posts will go live immediately

Guest NP   
Guest NP

I am apprehensive for registering at this point.  I think someone looks through my personal internet activity.  I need to be careful at this point, but I appreciate your response.  Thank you.