• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lauren Lee

Just have to tell someone my story of regret.

Guest Lauren Lee

I have been in love with my first cousin for years. We left marriages to be together and have been to hell and back more than our share... About a year ago we tried to live together but it quickly fell apart. I let him go because I was too hurt and stubborn to forgive and try again. It is the worst mistake I've ever made by far!! I feel like I've lost the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't know what took me so long to see how selfish and stupid I was. I would do ANYTHING to go back and be the woman he needed. 

I would spend the rest of my life making it up to him, if he let me. 

Please, despite any fear or pain or any doubts you may face because your lover is your cousin, please don't let them get in the way of happiness with your cousin. Love is too precious to let petty things get in the way. Don't live in regret like I do. 

• Upvote 1

This is not surprising.  You were both married and left your marriages to be with each other.  Statistically, your relationship with your cousin was doomed from the start.  This has nothing to do with the two of your being cousins, and has everything to do with the two of you being irresponsible in your marriages.You should've taken care of your marriage first before embarking on anything new.

Lesson learned.  I hope.  

Guest Annoyed and disappointed.

Wow that was completely insensitive and I'm sorry I wrote at all. We left our marriages like we should have. I deal with enough discrimination in life, thanks for showing me how much a mistake it was to share. Lesson learned. 

20 hours ago, Guest Annoyed and disappointed. said:

Wow that was completely insensitive and I'm sorry I wrote at all. We left our marriages like we should have. I deal with enough discrimination in life, thanks for showing me how much a mistake it was to share. Lesson learned. 

I don't think it was a mistake to leave your marriages. If you were unhappy and things didn't work out, then it was best. 

I hope you find a way to get back together with your cousin. I am still working on mine, but she still thinks it's weird. If there was a magical way to remove the weirdness, I would do it for her. I know what true love is, only after I connected with her. 

I wish you the the very best. 

Edited by Justaman
  • Upvote 1