• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darksaber

culmination of life long forbidden love

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Culmination of life long forbidden love

My cousin and I are 3 years apart. She is 40 & I'm 37. We're both divorced & we both have kids. Our family hasn't gotten together in many years but when we were younger they got together pretty regularly. We were a very close knit group. About 30 of us in all. As sometimes happens people drift apart & even burn bridges. That has been happening to our family since our grandfather died in 1988. Anyway although we've never lived close to each other she and I have always been very close. We've always known that we are more than cousins & more than best friends. About 8 years ago we had both just finished with horrible divorces. We were both broken people. I asked her if she wanted to stay with me for a while. She said yes. I drove the 4 hours to her & we spent the night holding each other. Nothing sexual happened that night. The next morning I helped her pack & I drove us back to my house. We talked all the way & when we got home we continued to talk well into the night. I'm not sure how it happened but we ended up telling each other that we had a sexual attraction for each other & we made love. Simply put it was magical. Over the next few months we lived together, not quite as a couple but very close to it. Sexually we couldn't get enough of each other, but we never told each other how we really felt. I know now that we were madly in love with each other. We confessed that to each other about two weeks ago. We've always been in love as far back as we can remember. We just weren't ready to express it. Going back to eight years ago, for reasons that I never understood we parted on bad terms. We didn't speak for about three years. Then we started talking online & by text. Occasionally we'd talk on the phone. Jump to present day. As previously stated, we confessed our true feelings for each other. We are very much in love. I'll be closing on a house in about a month. When I do she will be coming to be with me. No more hiding behind taboo. We are finally going to be together. My advice to anyone who has feelings for someone you are related to is to go for it. Regardless of what anyone thinks, if the feelings are real and it feels right then no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

I loved reading your story and I am so happy for you two.

Reading your story, I realize how very important it is to NOT WAIT for love.  So many times we hesitate to follow our hearts, so concerned with how other people will react to our choices.  It is such a waste of time.  We should take every opportunity to be happy, as soon as possible, life is too short to wait.

I just read this story.  I agree with Llhdlv. (Reading your story, I realize how very important it is to NOT WAIT for love.  So many times we hesitate to follow our hearts, so concerned with how other people will react to our choices.  It is such a waste of time.  We should take every opportunity to be happy, as soon as possible, life is too short to wait.] Yes, Life is too short...

I congratulate you, Pepe, and your cousin.  It's so great to hear of a story with a happy ending.  May you have many years of bliss together!

I can't agree with people who say "take every opportunity to be happy," because that sounds too much like unrestrained hedonism.  But I do say, "seize the opportunity."  It may only come once.  I chickened out, bypassed the opportunity, and have spent a lifetime regretting it.  Glad you had better sense than I did!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0