ippoInPI

Cousin in the philippines,my story so far

yes you?re right. 1st cousins are common couples here and yet its the most lets say a big no no at the moment here in phil. but for second cousins? ur lucky u know... coz just like Pres. Arroyo?s son.

Guest cloud

wow congrats!!! I hope she's getting plenty of exercise and consuming a healthy diet, have you two come up with a name for the baby yet

wow congrats!!! I hope she's getting plenty of exercise and consuming a healthy diet, have you two come up with a name for the baby yet

Oh she is,she always eats lot of fruits and vegetables.For the name not sure yet,i want to find out first if its going to be a boy or girl.

Leaving this thursday so excited  :smiley: .But not excited about leaving the airport at 11pm

*edit its now thursday morning,just finishing up packing my things,about to head to the airport in 3 hours.Interesting fact i learned about 2 of her friends,one of her good friend's sister is married to her first cousin .She also has a friend who married her second cousin.Gonna be spending 5 months together with my first cousin starting this Saturday when we meet again.

update,here in the philippines now.?Our baby is going to be a boy,should be anytime now when she is going to have the baby.Been living together for about 3 months so far,everything is good.Got the hospital picked out,so everything is ready,all we have to do is wait for our baby :-).

Ok here is one picture,its hard to upload pictures due to the slow uploading speed of my wireless connection.It was taken at the hospital in our room,after the baby was cleaned up.The baby looks more like me than the mother :-).

sam0372.th.jpg

have you told your families? how did they react?

No we haven't told yet,shes too scared to tell right now.She says everyone is going to hate her and the baby.I told her i really don't think anyone is going to hate us,sure get mad for a while or a long time.I think shes more thinking about having our own house far away from our family.We should be buying a house in a year or 2.We are talking about how we are going to do it,should it be in my name or her name.I have citizenship now,so i can own land and property.I will probably just put it in her name,since we can't get legally married and if something were to happen to me its better and easier for her if its in her name.I think a big reason for her is that our family will probably mostly be mad at her than me.The baby does look like me when i was a baby,my other cousin her sister even said we have the same face.This secret isn't going to last long,i know it will come out soon.

Guest lmnop

any update from ippo? have you told your families of your relationshiP? I am really interested with your love story.

any update from ippo? have you told your families of your relationshiP? I am really interested with your love story.

Nope we haven't told yet,and i doubt we will.She doesn't ever want to tell now.Before the baby was born she was warming up to the idea of telling our family,but after the baby is born she doesn't want to tell now.I really just wanted to tell our family myself,but i feel i can't do it unless she agrees also.I don't want to force her.

Here is an update on our anak

babypicb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest daughterofeve

Aww the baby is adorable!

But how can you not tell the family about you, if you already have a baby? Haven't they seen the baby? Don't they want to know who the father is?

Aww the baby is adorable!

But how can you not tell the family about you, if you already have a baby? Haven't they seen the baby? Don't they want to know who the father is?

She wants to keep it a secret.My other cousin her brother says the baby looks like me when i was younger.Actually 2 of my cousins say the baby has similar features like me.So i guess as the baby gets older he will look more and more like me.My mother has seen the baby also,but she hasn't said anything about it looking like me yet.Yeah they want to know who the father is,but she just tells them that i'm from Canada instead of the United states.She hasn't shown them a picture either.

Some good news my cousin told her best friend about us.She is very supportive and it doesn't matter to her that shes with her cousin and has a baby with me.So thats good her bestfriend is on our side,the next step is getting out parents to know about us.

Guest js

Godspeed.

Best of luck and go prepared. Do all your homework and try not to improvise. Study all the facts that will help you answer all the usual questions.

And tell us later how it went!

Guest Chiney28

I admire your love and courage for each other.. Keep it up!!!.. I wish I'm on the same boat like you guys :( As for us, We have close family ties- Super close! that's why it's so difficult plus the fact that he's also married and his wife is the super jealous type so it's really really complicated :( But we do love each other eversince we we're small. He is actually my first love and my first kiss but destiny separated us- He went to the states and I was left in the Phils. because his family (my Uncle- my mom's brother) migrated there. But it was also destiny that brought us back together. We had fun time in AUS that is where we had time to discuss and open up our feelings. After 20++ years we saw each other and who would have thought that our feelings are still mutual.

:grin: hi guys... just an update from my story. our relationship is more than 2 years already and finally we are living together  :grin: :grin: :grin: so happy. we live like a normal couple and i already have a child 4 yrs old but he consider him as his child because i had a baby from my ex-bf. guys im so confuse and troubled because my kid is turning 4 and he is able to talk and understand unlike when he was still a baby... so what should i tell him someday??? specially if we are in my parents place im scared that one day he will just say something to them... coz my baby calls him daddy.

Guest chloegrace

Hi Ippo,

I was really inspired by your story... I am also from Philippines. I admire you for your courage to pursue your love for your cousin. I really love your love story. In my case, we are in our 3rd year of relationship with my 3rd degree cousin. We are expecting our baby boy this early November. But only our closest friends know who is the father of my baby... Even our own families, do not know yet about my pregnancy. In my side, only my mother knew about this. And in his family, no one knows about it even his closest brother or his mother. We kept it as a secret since everybody know that we are cousins and we also have the same surnames. He has no courage yet to tell this to his family because he is sure that his family would be against our relationship. Sometimes, it made me sad that he can't tell this to his family. I know I can't blame him because it's also hard for him to do it. But he promised that after our baby will be born, he will face his family and tell them about our relationship and our baby... I'm hoping and praying that they will accept us and just be happy for our new formed family... After he will tell his family, I will also inform my family about our relationship... :)

I am very thankful to come across this website. At least now, I have "someone" or "something" to talk to and understand my situation... I would like also to ask if anyone here already became married with the same surname... Thanks a lot and I'm excited to hear more about Ippo's story and also about your stories too... thanks and more power! :)

Guest blueheart

Hi newbie here..

To Ippo thanks for creating this blog you gave me strength to continue my feelings to my cousin.. hope that I have the courage to tell him what i feel about him.. why of all people?.. He's my first cousin on mother side and he's a distant relative on father side..

Hi new updates? Well about me.. Its been a bumpy road for us but hey its part of a relationship specially when living together right?. So far so good and im happy. 1 year and forever!!!

Hi Ippo,

I was born and grew up in Manila. I've been living in the states for almost 25 years now. I spent hundreds of dollars on overseas call calling her.

It was 36 years ago when I first time met my cousin. Our love story was almost like yours but we did not have any baby. I wish but not meant to. You can check my story in the our love story section.

I wished I fought for my cousin. We're both married and still in love for each other. Still not sure when we can be a couple. I'll get my US citizenship in 3 years. I was telling her that if she can get a divorce here then we can get married after I divorce my wife. I hope you can bring your cousin to the states so you can marry her. Good luck. Congrats on your son.