ippoInPI

Cousin in the philippines,my story so far

Sassy, Please remember that your relationship with your cousin is the same as any other relationship. you'll have ups and downs. Also, the important thing is not the quarreling but the ability to reconcile. The more you forgive him, the more she'll love you and vice versa. Keep it up.

Hi, Im new here and really inspired with Ippo's story. Im also a filipino staying in manila. Im in a relationship with my first cousin; we've been together for almost 7 years now... and we are desperate of having a child too..still hoping to have another baby. :cry:

Im 32 and my cousin is 22. After reading few stuff on this website, it made my faith much more stronger about fighting for our relationship despite of all the challenges were are facing right now.

Ippo's story made me cry...your cousin is one lucky woman! keep on posting updates please.... Im starting to pick up idea on some situation im confused about, and I have been getting answers here. :wink:

Welcome to CC. You might want to start a new thread about your story. We might also learn something from you since you've been together for 7 years. Share some details about your cuz relationship. Looks like you're going to have another baby. Congrats!

Guest Tex

I meet a filipina who is very close with her cousin. She is 7 years older. I when I first meet them she was sharing the same bed. After some time we the girl and I decided to meet. We were becoming closer. That is when I asked her why she still sleeps with her cousin? She told me because he lives where she can find work. Well she moved back with her mother and in a few she found a job. Every now and then she finds a reason to spend the night at her cousins home. I made my feeling known about that but she replies " he is my cousin ". Being of western culture I can understand when they were younger but now they are adults.

I this common in this culture ??   

Hi, Im new here and really inspired with Ippo's story. Im also a filipino staying in manila. Im in a relationship with my first cousin; we've been together for almost 7 years now... and we are desperate of having a child too..still hoping to have another baby. :cry:

Im 32 and my cousin is 22. After reading few stuff on this website, it made my faith much more stronger about fighting for our relationship despite of all the challenges were are facing right now.

Ippo's story made me cry...your cousin is one lucky woman! keep on posting updates please.... Im starting to pick up idea on some situation im confused about, and I have been getting answers here. :wink:

Does that mean you started dating when she was 15 and you were 25?

All I can say is... AWESOME!!!! I wish more people didn't stare themselves blind on age, but on how they actually felt. ^_^

Hi,I'm new here and from the Philippines..We are also a 1st cousin couple..

I was 5mos pregnant at the time when we decided to tell our parents about our relationship,they all got mad,angry with us..Eversince we started to raised our family from then on everything is doing well,our parents.cousins,relatives accepted us little by little..We've been staying  together for 9 years and we had an 8yr old son..Hoping to have another baby someday..

I knew he was the only one i want to spent the rest of my life till the end..co'z deep in my heart i truly purely loved him.

We are planning to get married since we don't share the same surname..Any suggestions?

Thanks and hopefully the world would understand our loving relationship with our cousin..

Guest dhonnahcharmie

Sa totoo lang din. Kalive in almost 5 yrs n kmi ng 3rd degree cousin q. We're still love each other and have kid 3yrs old. Tanggap na at close q pamilya ng asawa q. Then sa side q lng may probs. Di p tanggap ng lolo at one of my uncle na makitid ang utak ko. Mom q tanggap anak q, asawa q di pa. Pero la n dw sya magawa kse decision q to. Pero wlang tumututol sa pagsasama nmin ngayon.

Good job at slowly trying to open her heart. Seems like she's trying to "learn" to accept your feelings for her (just like she "learned" to love her current boyfriend.) The fact that she is still communicating with you is a good sign that there may be something there (I mean, the two of you would have already stopped talking by now if she thought that your feelings were truly a grievous sin, right?) Judging by the way she acted around you on that day (referring to the post I'm replying to), she might be trying to get a feel for being with you in a "lover" type scenario.

Its great that you've got confidence in saying that her boyfriend is not a right match for her. Deep down, she probably realizes that too but, is afraid of what your family may say or think. Trust me when I say this, making your desired gender cousin see that cousin love is not wrong is easy compared to the goliath that is the family's overall opinion. I'm Filipino as well, and you have no idea the backlash I got when they found out that I was dating my cousin. It was easy with my ex/cousin, her siblings, and one of our other cousins because they (her siblings and our other cousin) they knew how close her and I are and that it was inevitable that it would happen. My ex/cousin didn't really need time to think about the issue, she just jumped on it because she felt the same way about me.

Unfortunately, your cousin doesn't appear to show the same enthusiasm about the prospect of dating her cousin as mine. More than likely, she's feeling mixed emotions right now because she may have to go against the norm. if she wants to be with you. Casting aside everything she thought she knew about the subject, and risking scrutiny from the family. On one hand, she has an obligation to marry her boyfriend. On the other, she's got a chance to be with someone that makes her happy but, she's not sure because its taboo.

All I can tell you is that, be good to her, don't try to push the issue too far (as to drive her away), and don't lose hope.

Good luck to you, friend.

Mabuhay!

Sounds Good!

Guest andrei
On August 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Guest chloegrace said:

Hi Ippo,

I was really inspired by your story... I am also from Philippines. I admire you for your courage to pursue your love for your cousin. I really love your love story. In my case, we are in our 3rd year of relationship with my 3rd degree cousin. We are expecting our baby boy this early November. But only our closest friends know who is the father of my baby... Even our own families, do not know yet about my pregnancy. In my side, only my mother knew about this. And in his family, no one knows about it even his closest brother or his mother. We kept it as a secret since everybody know that we are cousins and we also have the same surnames. He has no courage yet to tell this to his family because he is sure that his family would be against our relationship. Sometimes, it made me sad that he can't tell this to his family. I know I can't blame him because it's also hard for him to do it. But he promised that after our baby will be born, he will face his family and tell them about our relationship and our baby... I'm hoping and praying that they will accept us and just be happy for our new formed family... After he will tell his family, I will also inform my family about our relationship... :)

I am very thankful to come across this website. At least now, I have "someone" or "something" to talk to and understand my situation... I would like also to ask if anyone here already became married with the same surname... Thanks a lot and I'm excited to hear more about Ippo's story and also about your stories too... thanks and more power! :)

Hi. We do really have the same story. As my 3rd cousin and I got married. His middle name is same as my surname. I am curious about your child's details that you put on his/her birth certificate. Us, it will look like we have the same middle name and surname since we got married. 

We experienced to get marriage certificate at PSA office. And when the staff read our details, he was curious and asked my husband (Sir, hindi nyo ba kamag anak si Mrs?). My husband said ( No, check the signature of the judge. Do your job. :)).

On 4/30/2017 at 10:59 AM, Guest andrei said:

Hi. We do really have the same story. As my 3rd cousin and I got married. His middle name is same as my surname. I am curious about your child's details that you put on his/her birth certificate. Us, it will look like we have the same middle name and surname since we got married. 

We experienced to get marriage certificate at PSA office. And when the staff read our details, he was curious and asked my husband (Sir, hindi nyo ba kamag anak si Mrs?). My husband said ( No, check the signature of the judge. Do your job. :)).

Hahaha! Ayos si Mister! :P LOL

*Apir*

Pooch