• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
RIVA

sodoma and gomorrah

RIVA    2

Today my mom and I were having a talk about bible, god, religion, and so. 

At some point of the conversation, my mom mentioned that god destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah due to their sexual perversion, men laying with men, women with women, fathers with daughters, cousins with cousins. Now, that last thing I don´t remember being mentioned, but my question of those of your who do read the bible and are Christians, does it mention that? is that really why god destroyed those cities?

Made a little bit of research and did not find anything related to cousins. 

LadyC    98

no. sodom and gomorrah were destroyed for their hedonistic sexual perversions, but NOT for 'cousins laying with cousins'. 

the incident took place in the time of abraham... later in abraham's life, he had a son named isaac. abraham sent his servant to find a wife for isaac at one point. the servant prayed and asked God for VERY  specific signs to indicate the wife whom God had chosen for isaac. and the winner was? isaac's first cousin once removed.

now God promised to make a great nation out of abraham's descendants. that would be the hebrew nation... aka the jewish nation. isaac and rebecca (his first cousin once removed) only had two sons... twins. God fulfilled His promise of a great nation through the son Jacob... who married not one but two of his first cousins. (he was tricked into one of those marriages by his scheming uncle.)

if you will use our menu to navigate to the page on christianity, you'll see many other examples of cousin marriage that God ordained, and in some cases even commanded.

RIVA    2

Thank you for clearing that up for me Lady C. I had the idea that that was not one of the reasons why it was destroyed. I´ll check that page right away.