ibrahim

My cousin doesn't wanted to marry me

Aaaa!

It starts when I was in 7th grade in 2007 or 8. I start liking her since then but I wasn't knew anything my father was in the army so we didn't have sources to be in contact.

Her mother died when she 3 years old and her father also leave this world in 2016. So she is very sensitive but actually opposite to that. 

last year her aunt wanted her to marry her son he is almost 10 years elder than her. But she refused by saying he is my brother and I don't wanna marry him. By this, I felt I am losing something I told her my feelings that I loved her. I am working in UAE we do text each other every day mostly I do if I will not be then she will be surely texting. The same story is with me she said that she doesn't wanna marry me coz I'm her cousin brother I am a Muslim so in Islam it's allowed to marry the cousin. She is very hard heart kinda girl I mean no kindness even though if I will be telling her about my feeling or anything like this she will be usually saying hmmmmmmmmmm. ok. It makes me angry coz she doesn't have any feelings even after knowing my feelings and her attitude he still texts me talk to me but usually won't pick up the call.

I've tried so hard since last year but nothing happens to her. The worst part is these things are affecting my daily life my friends are complaining about the change of nature in me I don't talk much doesn't smilies it affects so badly even I will be telling her anything about this she will not be understanding IDK why. She mostly takes my talk as a joke and I always keep her into the conversation and she also ready to leave.

I really tried to forget her but 24 hours a day she stays in my mind.

Help me to have her.

Thanks 

It's kind of hard to tell much about your situation from your message. How old are you? What country are you in? If your cousin is hard-hearted, why do you want to marry her?

i suspect you're not going to appreciate what i'm about to say, but what you are describing isn't the kind of love that would last long term anyway. it's unrequited love that has NO solid foundation. it doesn't even sound like you two ever had a solid friendship, although i realize your short message could be leaving out a lot of detail. but in any case, she doesn't feel the same towards you.

the fact that you love her to distraction, and that it is affecting your relationships with other people, indicate that this is something called infatuation.  it's a normal feeling, but you're fixating on her, and it's not a healthy one, and it's not going to go anywhere good. 

like it or not, you need to let it go and move on. accept her as a friend/relative and be supportive of her in whatever path her life takes. choose to be happy for her when she does find someone to love. but make up your mind now that YOU are not going to be that someone, and stop obsessing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MissPrice said:

It's kind of hard to tell much about your situation from your message. How old are you? What country are you in? If your cousin is hard-hearted, why do you want to marry her?

I am about 22 and she is 20. I am from Azad Kashmir Google it maybe you don't know.

The Past she has is difficult maybe that makes her like hard-hearted and that's the reason and the attitude she has.

15 hours ago, LadyC said:

i suspect you're not going to appreciate what i'm about to say, but what you are describing isn't the kind of love that would last long term anyway. it's unrequited love that has NO solid foundation. it doesn't even sound like you two ever had a solid friendship, although i realize your short message could be leaving out a lot of detail. but in any case, she doesn't feel the same towards you.

the fact that you love her to distraction, and that it is affecting your relationships with other people, indicate that this is something called infatuation.  it's a normal feeling, but you're fixating on her, and it's not a healthy one, and it's not going to go anywhere good. 

like it or not, you need to let it go and move on. accept her as a friend/relative and be supportive of her in whatever path her life takes. choose to be happy for her when she does find someone to love. but make up your mind now that YOU are not going to be that someone, and stop obsessing.

Thanks for your Answer though I was expecting such words.

what do you think 9 years are nothing "infatuation".

other's things you indicate I personally tried every day not to think like that be cool charming wanted to forget what happened but whenever she came to my mind things again blown away.

anger ness

some BP high issues, Although I am a super fit person

misbehaving with everyone and blah blah blah

If have to leave then it's not possible completely coz i have to meet her on every vacation. coz her house is near mine.

4 hours ago, ibrahim said:

The Past she has is difficult maybe that makes her like hard-hearted and that's the reason and the attitude she has.

I wasn't asking why she was hard-hearted though, I was asking why you would want to marry her, if you see her as hard-hearted. Personally, I wouldn't want to be with someone who wasn't warm and affectionate.

On 3/7/2017 at 7:57 AM, ibrahim said:

it makes me angry coz she doesn't have any feelings even after knowing my feelings

No one ever owes anyone else love. You can't make your cousin feel anything for you, and your feelings don't oblige her to reciprocate. You can only offer her what you have, and then let her accept or reject you as she chooses. That's what love is: opening yourself up, and giving without the expectation of receiving.

what do you think 9 years are nothing "infatuation".

sorry. i was trying to be uncharacteristically nice and not call it the way i see it.

nine years of feeling like this over someone who doesn't feel the same, and getting all worked up, angry, and raising your blood pressure is nothing short of OBSESSION. 

it's still not healthy. in fact, it's downright scary. especially for her. you need therapy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gplee18
      I'm in love with my cousin Victoria, and I wake up in the morning hoping I'll hear from her. And spend my nights worried if she's happy rn. We have humor, music, and so much more in common. But my biggest issue is, if I tell her how I would even bring it up. I don't want it to hurt or relationship because I know the pain would crush me. But she's family, I'm so confused and feel like I could crumble from these feelings. I need answers 😢
    • By Ben1
      This is my first post, sorry if I leave stuff out. I have liked my cousin for a few years now, I have no clue how she feels about me and I have no clue how to tell her I like her. We live in the same state, the state we live in, 1st cousin marriage is legal. I am about 3 years older than her. and we live about half an hour away and see each other about every other month.
    • By Sid
      So okay,
      I was 17 and my cousin was 22.She came my home at my sister marriage.At that time seriously I have no feelings for her but I'm totally horny.Day before marriage I slept with my sister on left hand side and with my cousin on right hand side on a single bed.That time I really don't have single feelings on her though she was damn beautiful.She is most beautiful girl in my family and then story began. she touched her lips to my cheecks,I ignore it I know it wouldn't be happen .it's about 2:00 clock she came close to me and put her face on my face , she pretended that she is sleeping but I know she is not.I m negative type of person negative thoughts was coming in my mind that time that what would happen if anybody saw us,is she is still didn't realized that what she's doing.I am not so confident about her,and then she finally touch her boobs with my mouth OMG what a great feeling,and suddenly at that time,whipped cream was came out and all of that horny feeling was flee away and I ignore her and sleep far away from her cuz bed have much space left then I slept at corner of bed.That year she married.Her husband was not good looking guy and I know that she loves good looking boys.3 years was passed away,now we met I see in her eyes that she actually loves me.Yes,she triggered me some time before marriage.I know she have still have feelings,and I have too I want to do sex with her and I don't know how I convince her.I think she forgot about that night because much time is passed away.But still I have a feelings for her,but couldn't gave her single sign .I have fear if she deny me then what would happen,because I have very good name in my family all of them think that I am too innocent and childish though I am 19 now.tell me pls what to do.I love her.please reply anyone if you read till last please give me single suggestion .please

• By Vinegar
      Context: 
      Typical Male/female, young childhood and into early teens (friendship with romance)(*yeah we kissed and Stuff) Spent everyday together. Listened to each other, lived, laughed together, think happy children and broody early teens. We have Strict parents who weren’t entirely comfortable with the romance element but were supportive of our friendship(always warned us not to be kissing etc* they didn’t know also). We were best friends. We often just held each other and watched Cartoons. We done some experimenting but I was too weary and alert to our parents and what other people might think for it to have properly lead to sex. We got bullied by nasty kids on our block because we were always together and they made insinuations and it got her down. She said as we finally decided to cool off from one another and go our separate ways because of the social attitude, she said and I know that we were both young maybe 11 or so she said that we’d run away with each other when we’re older. And that was that. We were always happy to see each other but that barrier we erected when we were younger stayed up. It created awkward silences and created an air of frustration which loomed and brought a certain sadness. We grew apart. 
      Skip on a few years and we’re in our early twenties attending a family event. Her boyfriend is not present. What’s also really important for me to mention is that her boyfriend looks really similar to me. So we’re at a family event without her bf and things just started to happening. We made each other laugh like we used to. She was staring at me ,fidgeting with her hair touching me on my arm making really high pitched sounds when she was with me or whenever I came into the room. But here’s the catch this happens on and off like such hot and cold. She even caressed my younger cousin and looks my way as if to say, yo dude I do this to everyone. Who knows maybe she does? Her boyfriend is quite weary or cold to   me and I to him. We show each other respect but I dislike him. She always leaves in a hurry with him if the three of us meet etc. 
      So what I want to discern is am I looking too much into these little things? Should I ever bring up the past with her. We’re not in contact with each other and definitely live separate lives. When we see each other we’re with other people. But I can’t shake the feelings I have for her. It’s like lightening running through my veins or when the sun emerges from behind a cloud. Nobody makes me laugh like her and she really brings out the best in me. What should I do? 
    • By Vinegar
      Context: 
      Typical Male/female, young childhood and into early teens (friendship with romance)(*yeah we kissed and Stuff) Spent everyday together. Listened to each other, lived, laughed together, think happy children and broody early teens. We have Strict parents who weren’t entirely comfortable with the romance element but were supportive of our friendship(always warned us not to be kissing etc* they didn’t know also). We were best friends. We often just held each other and watched Cartoons. We done some experimenting but I was too weary and alert to our parents and what other people might think for it to have properly lead to sex. We got bullied by nasty kids on our block because we were always together and they made insinuations and it got her down. She said as we finally decided to cool off from one another and go our separate ways because of the social attitude, she said and I know that we were both young maybe 11 or so she said that we’d run away with each other when we’re older. And that was that. We were always happy to see each other but that barrier we erected when we were younger stayed up. It created awkward silences and created an air of frustration which loomed and brought a certain sadness. We grew apart. 
      Skip on a few years and we’re in our early twenties attending a family event. Her boyfriend is not present. What’s also really important for me to mention is that her boyfriend looks really similar to me. So we’re at a family event without her bf and things just started to happening. We made each other laugh like we used to. She was staring at me ,fidgeting with her hair touching me on my arm making really high pitched sounds when she was with me or whenever I came into the room. But here’s the catch this happens on and off like such hot and cold. She even caressed my younger cousin and looks my way as if to say, yo dude I do this to everyone. Who knows maybe she does? Her boyfriend is quite weary or cold to   me and I to him. We show each other respect but I dislike him. She always leaves in a hurry with him if the three of us meet etc. 
      So what I want to discern is am I looking too much into these little things? Should I ever bring up the past with her. We’re not in contact with each other and definitely live separate lives. When we see each other we’re with other people. But I can’t shake the feelings I have for her. It’s like lightening running through my veins or when the sun emerges from behind a cloud. Nobody makes me laugh like her and she really brings out the best in me. What should I do?