• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Franco

My second cousin shares her personal hygeine details with me

Franco    0

Is it normal for my second cousin to casually talk about her menstruation with me? 

Just a little bit of context here. I am a 30 year old single man and my second cousin is a 33 year old single woman. I am in love with her now but she says she doesnt love me as we are brother and sister. But the way i look at it, the only reason I fell for her is that she used to share all her personal details with me. Details about her menstruation and the pain that she has to go through etc etc. To top it up she once asked me to buy sanitary pads for her which i obliged. All these signals are confusing. She has never spoken about sex with me nor has she flirted with me. But once i was alone at home and she slept next to me for an afternoon nap. 

She keeps talking to me about her failed relationships and it seems i am her only friend with whom she shares her feelings. 

My question is that, is it normal on her part to do all this with me? Or am i misunderstanding? 

MissPrice    19

You posted the question about her moving in with you too, didn't you? 

I'm sorry, but I also don't see this as a desire for a romantic relationship. The opposite, in fact. Menstruation and the pain associated with it are intimate things, but they aren't sexy. They're the kind of thing, in my experience, that women may talk to their platonic friends (usually other women or gay men), or to their long-term partners about, but not potential mates. Same with failed relationships. You don't usually try attract people with your mistakes. 

You said in your other post that you told her two months ago that you were in love with her, and she told you she didn't reciprocate, and then you didn't speak with her again until she asked to move in with you for a couple of months (for financial reasons) while she gets set up in a new job. So she was telling you those intimate details before she knew you were in love with her, and she says your relationship is that of a brother and sister to her. You need to take her at her word on that.

Franco    0

Now i feel i should just stay away from her. She has intentionally/unintentionally messed up my mind. Good riddance. 

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. 

MissPrice    19

She's been clear about her feelings for you, so it's probably not intentional, but she is absolutely asking too much of you if she wants to move in and have a platonic relationship with you after you told her you love her. The fact that she even asked means she's either oblivious. desperate, or a drama queen, because no reasonable person would intentionally put themselves (or you) in that uncomfortable of a situation. 

I know it's tough when you have feelings, but maybe this will free you up to find someone else who loves you and considers how what they do affects you. Best wishes! :)

• Upvote 1

LadyC    98
On 3/22/2017 at 1:28 PM, MissPrice said:

because no reasonable person would intentionally put themselves (or you) in that uncomfortable of a situation. 

THIS.