• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Guest Ani

How did you guys reach the point of no return?

Guest Ani

How do you guys end up realizing your feelings are mutual and acting on it.

When did you get to the point of no return?

It took us over 30 years to get to that point.  We would see each other every few years and there was always a chemistry between us.  About 10 years ago I was visiting his mom and he invited me out for a birthday celebration of his best friend (a woman).  The poor gal was basically ignored the whole night as my cousin and I spent the entire evening talking and dancing together.  She was mad (naturally) but has since forgiven us.  That night we KNEW there was something special between us, but I was too scared to cross the "cousin border".  A few years after that, he came to visit me, walked into my house and we just knew that the time had come for us; that we could no longer avoid our feelings for each other.

There is no magic formula for knowing when love is right. I do not recommend waiting as long as we did, but I think that most people know intuitively when they have found the love of their lives. 

Guest Ani

That is sweet.  Sounds familiar as well. 

I truthfully think people who have issues are simply illogical.  Put too much emotionally into sharing a bit of DNA vs remembering our origins as a species. 

I also think the ones who do not understand the alchemy of personality and how love/intimacy/best friends is very rare.  Rather they are simple minded lab rats who will jump on any old person and just assume everyone is the same. 

I have never connected with a man the way I have my first once removed,  We met for the first time last year and it was electric.  It is legal in our state and we spend all our time together.  Even my grandmother is encouraging at this point as she said my history with men would mean that next I would marry a bond villain or a communist dictator.  That he was a wiser, perfect choice for me.  At first she joked we were backasswards hillbillies but she is even waiting for him to act now.  Excited for us.  

As you both said, you just know. There's this "thing" inside that says "s/he is the one".

I wouldn't say that people who have issues with cousin relationships are illogical; I was that person for a long time.  I WOULD say that very oftem people have not really looked at the issue apart from social norms.  We are bombarded with off putting jokes about kissing cousins and are led to believe that it's wrong and unless we have a reason to really look at the belief, why would we?  For most people, there is no reason to challenge the societal stance.