• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Guest WorkingThroughIt

Blown Up and Blocked

Guest WorkingThroughIt   
Guest WorkingThroughIt

So here's the story.

My second cousin, and yes I checked the chart lol, and I have always shared a.. strange bond. Sometimes we hit it off amazingly, other times we butt heads and want to scream and rip each other apart. Family, right? It's never really meant anything to me, until a few years back when I stayed with my grandmother. He would always come by, and he was my best friend that year. He would let me cry on his shoulder, support my dreams, be there for me.. and I was there for him just the same. Then we started wrestling one day and he pinned me, and I felt a weird knot in my stomach. It was a thrill I was not used to. A few days later I was sitting in bed crying in the middle of the night, and he snuck into the room and held me. I should point out I was going through a lot of bullholy crapoly! with my parents, and thus cried a lot. Innocent as it was to just sit there and be held, my grandfather came in and yelled at us, saying I was trying to seduce my cousin and forbidding us from seeing each other anymore. It wasn't long after that, that I was off to yet another home. But my cousin and I kept in contact on emails and on text messages. Years passed and our bond got stronger, whenever we didn't piss each other off to the point of not speaking for a while, which happened pretty often but we'd usually make up. He moved to a new state and I moved on with my life as well. Three years passed and he moved back down. We talked again, and he finally confessed being in love with me. I was in shock and didn't really know how I felt. Honestly, I'm still unsure. I do care about him but when I think about him I get that weird knot in my stomach. Like I shouldn't feel like I do around him, like I'm just wrong and bad.. I don't know if that's just society or what.

We ended up fighting again a few days later, while I was trying to figure myself out, and I don't even remember half of what started it. He blocked me and refused to talk to me again. That was in January. I saw him on Craigslist today, accidentally, just poking around and looking at men for women. He'd posted his picture. It was a recent post. I'm sure if I email him, he'll ignore me. So I tried writing him an apology through the site, using nicknames we had for one another that others didn't know about. Now I'm sitting here waiting impatiently for any sort of response..

I don't really know how I feel anymore. Confused. Sad. Hurt. Confused. lol. It's a mess and I don't know where to go from here...

On a side note, yes I am in a relationship, but we are a polygamous pair and thus my interactions with other men are not an issue.

Guest Ani   
Guest Ani

Prior to the Civil war, it was legal in every state to even marry your first cousin, So.. which matters more.  Other people being illogical and emotionally forcing their views of what blood is because of a minuscule amount of DNA or your heart. 

Second cousins are legal in every state, Europe, Canada and so forth  

More importantly what do you have to lose by NOT trying?

Guest WorkingThroughIt   
Guest WorkingThroughIt

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately he never replied to the message I sent out. I think he posted on the site again, but I'm not sure it's him. Either way, I suppose it couldn't hurt to reach out. So I will email him today and see what happens. I'm so nervous!

RIVA    2
On 4/3/2017 at 8:43, Guest WorkingThroughIt dijo:

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately he never replied to the message I sent out. I think he posted on the site again, but I'm not sure it's him. Either way, I suppose it couldn't hurt to reach out. So I will email him today and see what happens. I'm so nervous!

Wish you good luck even if nothing comes out of it.

Guest WorkingThroughIt   
Guest WorkingThroughIt

I seem to have my answer.

No responses and still blocked on FB.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to leave him alone from now on.

nessa76    6

I've not been on here for quite a while because I've moved on from my Cousin. I was blocked on Facebook, but for different reasons than yours.

It does get easier in time, believe me.

Good luck for the future, even if it's not being with your Cousin!!!