• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadowarena

Hi all!.

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

shadowarena,

Good, and you? Are you and Demi able to talk now. Have you done as I told you, and worked on you?

Well, it took some time. It wasn't so much working on me as it was just keeping busy; picking up new hobbies and what not. I'll admit that some feelings for her still linger, but overall it doesn't really bother me anymore.

She's definitely a far cry from the girl I fell in love with, picking up bad habits, associating with questionable people, etc. Still, I care about her.

Well, it took some time. It wasn't so much working on me as it was just keeping busy; picking up new hobbies and what not. I'll admit that some feelings for her still linger, but overall it doesn't really bother me anymore.

She's definitely a far cry from the girl I fell in love with, picking up bad habits, associating with questionable people, etc. Still, I care about her.

A perfect example of why we say here to always remember that cousins are people too, with all the good and bad traits the rest of us have. An example of why I tell the younger members to keep it all on the down low, and build the friendship before trying to get too serious too soon. When you take the time to get to know one another, you may find you really aren't as compatible as you initially thought. If that is the case, you still have the friendship to fall back on, and enjoy that special bond for a lifetime, without being so heavily invested emotionally and physically that it is ruined.

Keep this in mind too Shadow. She could be running from that fact that she actually does feel the same toward you as you do toward her. The day may come when she stops running. Until that time, carry on as you are, and don't sit around waiting for that to happen. It MAY, or it MAY NOT. My advice, from experience of NOT doing it, is to stay in contact, just at a slight distance. You will always care for her, but both of you have to find your own way, and your own paths. Someday out there, the paths may cross again. There are no shortage of stories like that here. Have yourself in a place where you can handle it. If you do, you will not only be seen as a possible interest for her, but some other girl who may come into your life, right out of the blue, and tickle your fancy even more than Demi did. That was where I was going with the "work on you" part of my advice........

Great! Thanks. Hope everything is going good.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0