<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>

Signs to know if your cousin likes you?

Guest mariosonic

Guest Shanley Branson

Ok I'm 23 and my second is almost 30 and he's been single for 6yrs. The first time we met I was at work at a gas station and he came in. We were instantly attracted to each other and didn't even know we were cousins. He was working with some of my other cousins that I knew but he checked out ahead of them so I didn't make the connection. When he got in the same truck as my other cousins I still had hopes he was a friend of there's. There were more times situations like this happened to us over the yrs because we didn't know and we're both kinda shy. Then my dad asks me one night if I want to go out to my cousins house because they were having a little get together. That's when I told him about this guy that came in the store with my cousins and he informs me that he was also my cousin :-'(. I told my dad that I was so embarrassed because I was totally checking him out but he thought it was funny. So he goes and tells my cousin AS SOON AS WE GET THERE that I had been crushing on him! I was REALLY embarrassed then! But my cousin gave me a hug and told me the feelings were mutual. We all just laughed it off. A yr pass, I have a baby, get involved with a guy and we break up before I see my cousin again. Now we've just started hanging out A LOT in the past couple of days and found out we have a ton of things in common. We talk about relationships, music, animals, college, movies, work, hobbies, and even sex (mostly in a joking way). He's even made the comment that it's so hard to find a girl and when he does she ends up bein his cousin. We're both naturally flirtatious and hopeless romantics. I have prayed God would send me a man just like him for as far back as I can remember. We haven't really come right out and told each other we like one another in a private conversation yet. Should I just keep getting to know him and if my feelings grow for him then say something? It's hard for me to keep my feelings to myself though, eventually they just come out. What does it sound like my chances are that he likes me back and is feeling the same way I am?

Welcome to cc.com!

As for your last question~~ I can't answer with any guarantees, but it sounds like he may like you back and with more knowledge on both

your sides, your chances could be EXCELLENT that you two could be a couple.

Doesn't sound like your dad was opposed to the idea and that is a good thing. Have you guaged how other family members might feel about

cousin relationships in general?  And how do you feel  about it? It must not be a problem for you since you have come here for information.

I do not know where you are and you need not say ( in general) if you don't want to.  Having said that  second cousin relationships are  legal

almost everywhere that you could think of.  One question I would ask you to make sure of the relatedness is are you sure you are second cousins?

If one of your parents is a first cousin to one of his parents then you are indeed second cousins.

Now that you have that information you are good to go.  If you must "break the ice" on the subject with him, you might start with the "If you weren't my cousin... I would like to go out with you", or whatever fits for you.  Another one is  "you have all the qualities I look for in someone to ... date, go out with, share life with.  Whatever fits.

By the way I am married to my second cousin for over 10 years now. Got questions? Ask.

Best wishes to you and keep us updated.

Well some signs may just be body language, if they want to be with you a lot of the time and hold you then that's a strong sign... Another strong sign is they buy expensive things for you and nothing for themselves.

Also, if you've went on a holiday together or just went out somewhere and they've bought you something considered romantic, such as a gondola ride in Venice, that's another strong sign.

My best bet would be to just talk to them about it when the time is right, it might work out fine or it might not thats just a part of life

• 3 weeks later...

For years my male cousin has been on my mind, my dreams, I never want to let him go when we hug. We hug long. We both grin and stare at each other. We look at each other  so much its obvious attraction like heat. I want him bad in the worst greatest way. I get nervous around him. How can I tell him I am attracted to him?

• Old Timer

For years my male cousin has been on my mind, my dreams, I never want to let him go when we hug. We hug long. We both grin and stare at each other. We look at each other  so much its obvious attraction like heat. I want him bad in the worst greatest way. I get nervous around him. How can I tell him I am attracted to him?

It seems like the attraction is mutual. I would tell him that you need to talk to him, and just be upfront. Normally I would not be so bold but if you guys are that obvious, go for it.

Hi Romalee!

I posted about my 2nd cousin as Shanley Branson bk in November before I officially joined cc.com.

Anyway, things haven't been going well unfortunately. I told him how I felt and he said he felt the same but it would be weird unless we were like 4th or 5th cousins. After that he flirted with me for a little while then stopped suddenly and seemed to be distancing himself from me.

I used to always contact him first and I decided to not contact him and see how long it would be before he contacted me. It's been almost 2wks now and I haven't heard from him :-(.

Something keeps telling me not to give up and have faith. I think about him every day and even when I'm not thinking about him something pops up that reminds me of him. For example: today I was on fb and he's NEVER on fb and I see a post he liked from September. All my other posts were up to date so I thought it was strange for that to pop up on my timeline. Maybe God is working in his life and He is telling me not give up and be patient.

I've tried everything to get him off my mind but nothing works. Something always ends up reminding me of him. I pray he's the one God has in store for me and am trying my best to be patient and keep faith! 

Guest John Smith

I've recently moved countries about 6 months ago to see my family members who i havnt seen for 9 years. I've been getting very close to a cousin of mine and we both hang out at least 2-3 times a week and message/sms each other daily. Shes a very nice person with a amazing personality and i can say i really like her!! She tells me her problems and shares with me alot of how she feels etc. We hug alot and do what u could call "couple stuff" eg. she puts her legs up on my lap or leans on me and so forth. She also can be "touchy like when she might say something she pushes against me with her hand. we always say I love you to each other and send xxxxx when message that kind of funny stuff :P also if we dont see each other for a few days she say i miss you and than usually sets up sometime and place to meet up. I want to know what I should do next? How i should procced or if shes just doing friendly kind of stuff. I would really love a good second opinion on weather she likes me or not and how i should express my feelings to her in a non-creepy and non- friendship breaking way incase she doesnt feel same, although i do understand this may not be possiable.

John Smith,

Since this is the "Signs to know if your cousin likes you" thread, I'd say from the sound of it, that, yeah, she likes you. How deeply into the shared love it goes is your issue. If you would like, have a look at the "Sharing your feelings with your cousin" sticky thread at the top of the "Help/Advice" section. In it you will find what's become known around here as 'the old tried and true' "If you weren't my cousin,______________" line. The next time she's being forward with you, and nobody else is around, you tell her "If you weren't my cousin, I'd be your BF/ make you my GF/ be all over you like white on rice, ....." whatever fits the situation. She how she takes it. If she freaks out, you have the out of saying "I did say IF, you know? IF you weren't my cousin....." Plus, it gives her something to think about. You will have at the very least "broken the ice."

If she agrees, and says something along the lines of "Yeah, I know. Sux that we're cousins doesn't it?", you have your in to take the conversation further. Suggest you two go online, and see what you can find. You already know where to look, you're here aren't you? Set down online with her, google "I love my cousin" or something to that effect, and this should be one of the top hits. You say "Humm. Cousin Couples. That sounds about right...." then come here and have a good look around together. That's why we're here. Google search WILL bring you here. (if it hasn't already,  :grin:) As I type this, there are 3 Google spiders in here gleaning information for Google searches. I've seen 6 or more at a time. There are also one each of Yahoo, Exabot, and Baidu. I've seen many multiples of them at once too. So, you search it, and pretty much any search engine will have this site as a top hit.

Now, go break the ice, and if it goes smoothly, get in here and get up to speed on the facts and information available here. Either way, post back with results, because we are as often as not, holding the hands of cousins where, at least initially, it didn't go so well. If I were you, I wouldn't worry much about that though, because it sounds to me like you have some pretty good potential going forward.  :wink:

Ok, I have a crush on my cousin, but I don't know if he likes me. I'm 13 and he's 16. When I'm with the family and everything and we are taking pictures he always makes sure I'm right next to me and he makes clean physical contact a lot with me. Like rubbing my back and hungging me or even rapping his arm around my shoulder. Also when I go on rides with him he fights with my other cousins to be able to ride with me only. And just 2 nights ago we had to sleep in the same bed together and in his sleep he kept getting really close to me and he even tried to cuddle me a couple times. I don't see him telling me out loud that he likes me becuase his sister kinda was outcasted for doing something similar. Do u think he likes me?

Why did you HAVE TO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED????  At 13 and 16, that is totally not a good idea.  Were your parents aware of this?

His behavior was not good and very dangerous for you. 

I don't know if he "likes" you but he is certainly showing signs of disrespect.

Nat

Ok, I'm a girl so this is from a girls point of view.

How to know if ur FEMALE cousin loves you

Ok, first of all, she will attempt to be beside you.

Second off, she will be VERY self councians and may also do things to get attention

Will try to make conversation

Also, if u live far away then she will constantly text you or she will single you out.

If there like me they will give everyone hugs except you.

Remember this is my point of view.

Please if there are any boys out there that can tell me with they do when they like their girl cousin please tell me

Hi everyone so I have always had a crush on my cousin since I saw her bout 5 to 6 years ago. Then we moved apart not very far but far enough to where i couldn't see her everyday. She doesn't know i have a crush on her but on Christmas day when i saw her my feelings grew for her so much to where i am depressed when I'm not around her ? i miss her smile, her giggle, i just miss everything about her and if this is a crush how long will it be before i get over her. There is a lot more just it'll become to long to where you won't read it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hanging out with my cousin alot lately and we are very close. we see each other every week and talk alot. She often says she loves me too much and sends lots of xxx after messages. sometimes she holds my hand or puts her legs on my lap. once we where at the cinimas nd she grabed my hand. When we hug sometimes I'll lift her up nd she'll smile nd laugh also she laughs at lots of things I say. Now she also does have a "boyfriend" who she complains about alot and she also broke up with him before for 1 year. she has a son from him tht i am very close to. she often relates to me as her "second son" as well. she is very open with me nd tells me things she doesnt tell to anyone else even about her sex life..... I'm not to sure if we just gt very close in the last few months or she is attracted to me?? she does often say tht she would never cheat on her bf cause its wrong but he has been cheated on before nd she say "I dont judge her for it" cause he isnt much of a bf. she often complements me on things I wear or how I smell nd say we r very I like. she often winks at me which i noticed she doent do to anyone else. I would reallllly love some help pleassssse!!!!

Guest hanamishi

My cousin is 26 years old male and iam only 16 female. I felt that i love him. . And i felt soo sad if he mentiond the name of his gf and i if iam not eith him i felt incomplete. My question is that, how am i going to know if he liked me to. . Because sometimes he made some joke to me?  I really  dont know. Tnx :)

Im 18, and my cousin is 31. I moved in with her after my father passed away last year. In fact it was the first time I met her to be truthful, see I lived in Ohio, and her in Tennessee. She knows I have feelings for her, she called me on it and I didnt admit nor was able to deny it. Shes naturally a flirt, and since she caught me had been teasing the unholy hell out of me with it. I came to this site before for help with her, so hopefully someone could help me out again. Does anyone have an idea if she's crushing back or what? 

Jaxter,

If I were guessing, I would say she's busting your chops a little, and is probably extremely flattered.....

At 18, you're  of age, so, call her on the flirting if you want. But, be advised, she's WAY out in front of you in maturity. You may think you're mature, and even BE mature for your age, but I'll assure you, she can chew you up and spit you out in real short order. I'm in no way implying she would do so, only that she's able. Voice of experience here. I ran after the older women hard for a long time. My first wife was not quite that much older than me, but close enough. I got a PhD in Hard Knocks out of her. But, she taught me more than one valuable life lesson. Just be careful, and have fun. Older women can be a LOT of fun......LOL

Sorry about your Dad, BTW. I lost my Dad last year also. 

Guest divine_comedy94

I'v had a crush on my [2nd] cousin since I was a kid.I'm positive she doesn't know. She always excluded me from things as kids, but it wasn't as though she didn't like me(she made that clear). Now that we're older, I'm 20 and she's 21, she's much more affectionate and kind, and now just like always I feel like I'm getting nothing but mixed messeges when I'm around her. What I want is to know her feelings or just get her out of my head. What do I do? We currently live in two different states so, there's that too.