• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lightning

I just found out I got a 4 year old son.

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

congratulations. i can understand your mixed emotions, but get to know the kid! he will probably end up being the brightest light in your life!

@HappyGratefully

No, it was from an another affair I had back when I was 17. Me and my cousin were already together that time,  she was just far away. I was finding out first hand how hard long distance relationships are. It was tough to go through as kids, then I just found comfort in his mom. How should I explain this and myself, I guess.

@LadyC

Thanks. They, he and his mom, visited my grandma yesterday. Yeah, he's really making me think about how selfish i`ve been with my life, and it's not a bad thing. He's tall for his age too! Though I'm cuter, haha. Honestly, I can't wait to see him again, just to get another glimpse. Though I wanna get myself together first and muster up that confidence I would need if ever I want to become part of his life.

My life is weird. <(-︿-)>

confidence is not in the job requirement for loving a child. kids don't care about things like that. they just love to be loved! of course, i'm a little biased... we had our 4 year old grandson living with us for six months and he just left last week. i can tell you this... i can't remember ever having so much fun with a kid in my life as i had with him for half a year. he was something special around here. you'll have to check out the pics i posted in the thread http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php?topic=6656.0

The great thing about a child is that he doesn't care how rich, poor, educated or "together" you are.  Kids just want to know the they are loved!  You've been given a great gift here!  Take those steps and start loving on this kiddo!  You will never regret stepping up and taking responsibility for your own child - you will one day, however, regret not being a part of his life.

PS - it always makes me a little crazy when the mom keeps a pregnancy from the father - you had a right to know all these years!

@LadyC

Yes I saw them LadyC,  they are adorable. I can't find the words to express myself when I was just standing there at a distance as he was playing basketball, my fav sport, with some of my nephews.

@Serendipity

I was just starting college at that time, maybe that's one of the reasons why she kept it and moved. I'm proud and thankful of her though, as far as I could tell she raised him pretty well. I don't know if I can be half a parent as her.

Thank you all for all of your kind words. I know I'm not the  best dad in the world material but I'll certainly give it my best in at least being his father and to be there for him. We haven't spoken yet nor have myself formally introduced, but that's what I'm keeping my eye out for.

My life is weird, and exciting. <(-︿-)>

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0