• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyC

tech gurus, help me!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

24 posts in this topic

i use chrome v. 30.+++ (it says it is up to date) primarily for my browser. i have windows 8. and one of my favorite blogs to visit is http://christianfictionebooks.blogspot.com/.

the other day, for no apparent reason, i went there and there are no images of the book covers. i CAN See the images for the ads on the right hand column.  i checked my browser settings, i am still allowing images, nothing got knocked out of whack there. i go to the link for the next blog, pictures work fine. i use another browser, pictures work fine. i get the email notification every day, and the images work there just fine.

it's annoying because i either have to wait for the email (it typically arrives later in the morning, she must have them scheduled for a certain time..) or use another browser first thing in the morning to follow links to amazon.

i have tried clearing my cache. what else can i do to get the images to appear again like they used to?

yeah, not sure i want to go that far LOL. i have everything set up the way i want it. i may just have to settle for waiting for the daily email.

I'm having the same problem with Firefox. Sometimes the browser disappears and a few seconds it reappears. I can't stand that. I think it's a plugin called Lastpass. Without it, I can't remember all the passwords.

I did reset FF and it kept all the plugins and settings that I had. How is that going to fix anything? The problem persists. I have switched over to Chrome (again). Problem solved.

Hey, I see in small print under each post it says " If you don't see any book covers you need to "enable images" in your browser settings."

I also could not see any bookcover, but when I disabled my adblockplus and noscript addon I suddenly saw all the images. So if you have that addon or something like noscript disable it.

sounds exciting! but... will it render some of my extensions unusable? particularly the lightning 2 speed dial thingy? i could live without all the rest if i had to, but i gotta keep my lightning.

That is what you never know lol. All of my plugins worked fine, and all my settings were the same as before the upgrade. You could always download the old version again if there is a problem.

I downloaded the "aurora" (pre-beta) release of FF last  night and my extensions didn't work, so I uninstalled it. It installed a new instance of the browser. In other words it didn't upgrade my existing FF installation, so I uninstalled it easily.

If you mean "Lightening Newtab" then yes. I just installed it on the Chrome beta and it works fine.

well ok, i downloaded and installed it.... my extensions still work, my images on that one page still don't. :( oh well.

Go into the incognito mode and try it then. If all is well, then it is an extension that is causing the problem.

genius! ok, now i just gotta go thru each extension tomorrow and figure out which one is messing it up. i wonder if i installed a new one accidentally in the last week that i didn't remember installing. thanks kc!

HA! it was adblock plus! i had re-enabled it recently! hahahaha, now i can just add that url to the list of accepted ones! you're awesome kc!

...like I said

huh? you didn't say anything!

for some reason munne's previous post was moved to the recycle thread LadyC.

But not by me.

hmmm... i don't think i did either. guess i should go look and see what he said!

found it and restored it... munne, i have no idea what happened to your post, and i'm sure it was an accident, but i wish i had seen it sooner! yes indeed, it was the adblock plus!

ah yeah I deleted it eventually, but you replied to the thread after it a few times so thought you'd read it. no problem.

Adblock + also blocks your adsense ads on your own websites. When I was running sites it was annoying but nice when I was surfing the web and keeping FB less cluttered...

Is there an option in adblock to permit flash ads on specific url's?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0