• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blackbird45

In the end...

Guest Blackbird45

In the end he made up his mind. I recently found out he has a girlfriend. They are courting which basically means they are dating with the intentions of getting married. This left me utterly destroyed. It hasnt been a full year and he decided to take her to another country for vacation.

In the end I don't blame him. He gains more with her and would have lost much with me. So I don't blame him.

I even spoke with our former Pastor and he still believes that it's not allowed in our state. But even more sad he said God wouldn't put two cousins together. See we both were heading backward in God and he believed that God was watching out for me. The pain and the disappointment in everything is so heavy I'm my heart that I truly don't believe in anything.

In the end it doesn't matter. He still thinks about me but can't love me as before. I don't understand and I don't care anymore. He can be with her. As for me I only want to be with God as a single saint.  Many told me that I'll be closing the door but don't they realize that it's too late? They closed the door. In the end it wasn't my choice.

well your pastor is incorrect, but in light of your cousin courting another it's irrelevant what your pastor thinks. i'm so sorry. i read this and honestly it brought tears to my eyes. but we do serve an awesome God, and He will replace your tears for joy in time.

• Upvote 1

Guest Blackbird45

LadyC,

Thank you for your reply. I sincerely appreciate it.

A couple weeks have passed since I've found out about my cousin and its been difficult to say the least. I've made the mistake of looking them up on social media and I've seen just how happy they look. I wish him nothing ill.

My soul is sadden deeply but I still have a thread to hold on. My god. Surely he will hear my cries for peace to cover my mind, spirit, and heart. Surely God can grant me the peace I need in my life.

40 minutes ago, Guest Blackbird45 said:

I've made the mistake of looking them up on social media and I've seen just how happy they look. I wish him nothing ill.

Oh no.. 😔

Though I know you wish nothing bad, you have to take care of your heart at this point. Social media will not help you

Please block and deactivate on facebook. ASAP

Pooch

4 hours ago, Guest Blackbird45 said:

LadyC,

Thank you for your reply. I sincerely appreciate it.

A couple weeks have passed since I've found out about my cousin and its been difficult to say the least. I've made the mistake of looking them up on social media and I've seen just how happy they look. I wish him nothing ill.

My soul is sadden deeply but I still have a thread to hold on. My god. Surely he will hear my cries for peace to cover my mind, spirit, and heart. Surely God can grant me the peace I need in my life.

i agree with pooch that looking them up on facebook is going to just add heartache on top of heartache. when i read this earlier via my email notifications, i prayed for you, and God gave me this scripture for you... it's psalm 34:17,18

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

when you seek God, He will give you the desires of your heart. that doesn't mean that He'll bring your cousin back... He always sees the bigger picture. and that bigger picture (in my experience) usually is more of a concept than a name. allow Him to be your focus for now. and when the time is right, He will bring you someone who will rock your world in ways far beyond what you thought your cousin could do.

Guest Blackbird45

Pooch,

Yeah I realized soon after that it was not a good idea at all so I did exactly what you said. I blocked both of them on every social media that I have and I deactivated my FB.

LadyC,

Thank you. Thank you for your prayers. Your advice reminded me of Pslam 27: 8, "When thous saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face Lord, will I seek." So I will seek God with all that is left in me. It may not be much but God is all I have. 

Thank you once again and god bless.