• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ivy

After 4 years of relationship... Is it all over?

Guest Ivy   
Guest Ivy

I'm in love with my first cousin. We have been in relationship for past 4 years. We been through a lot.

When I first came to this place I stayed with his family. As time passed I started falling in love with him. One night I had courage to tell him how I felt about him and he said he liked me too. Ever since that night  we have always been together. Once we almost got caught and I had to move out, but we continued to be together. 

He is a wonderful person and the best I ever had and ever will have. Few weeks back we broke up. He said he doesn't have the strength to go on like this. We can never be a normal couple, who he can show to his family and friends.

We are still Friends for now. He wants to be with me but as Friends only. I want to keeping trying,  but he said I shouldn't pursue this relationship. I'm heart broken and he is too,  but he doesn't want to stay in this Bf gf relationship. I'm not sure what to do. I can't live without him... It's as good being dead. Please tell me if I should keep try or just stay friends. 

MissPrice    19

It would help to know how old you and your cousin are, and what country you live in. Did you and your cousin/bf ever talk about the possibility of being open with your friends and family about your relationship? Keeping a relationship secret for four years would be tough on anyone. You say you could never have a normal relationship. but my cousin and I have been together openly for two years, and got married a couple of months ago. It was scary telling people at first, especially our immediate family, and it took some time for some of them to accept it (although our shared grandmother was thrilled). Things are a little more complicated when you are cousins, but the barriers to a happy relationship aren't insurmountable. Some people will always judge this type of relationship, but some people will judge you no matter what you do. If your bf doesn't want a secret relationship, why not suggest that it not be secret?

Erika&Otis    0

I understand your pain,and the depth of your feelings. My cousin and I have been madly in love for 4 years. I'm 48, he's 56. Both divorced now. But still, our relationship lives in the shadows.Most people we know already have suspicions.  We want it open, to share our joy with family and friends and not feel like we are in hiding. Miss Price- just your short post brings tears to my eyes! Bless you.