• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shiner_16

S*^%t or get off the pot

Guest shiner_16

For the last 4 years, my "half" cousin and I have been deeply in love. Our moms were half sisters, same father-different mother. Because of the taboo associated with this relationship, we have kept silent. But many people have come to their own conclusions, Its time to move forward...I want to proudly announce to the world that yes, we are one. He's unsure what to do, and we both worry about ramifications from family. I dont want to live in the shadows any more, but am unwilling to give him up. I'm 48, he's 56. He's the only man ive ever truly loved and think at this point in my life, my loved ones should be happy for me. What do you think?

i think you need to both worry less about the ramifications from family. they'll get over it. and if they don't, then that's their choice... and you don't need unsupportive people in your circle of close family anyway. if you're both free from other committed relationships, then yep, i'd say it's time to get off the pot and be together!

Thank you Lady C; I just found/joined the forum this morning. I'm so happy about that I am just teary eyed. We are not alone, we are not freaks. Our love is real, and worthwhile. This is the first time I've seen others like us.

erika, i married my first cousin once removed (which is biologically the same amount of DNA as half cousins) nearly 19 years ago... we are now 52 and 55. i'm telling you it was the best decision we ever made. we had the support of our families though... even my kids' father didn't give me any grief. you're definitely not freaks. there may be laws where you live though that could be problematic, so make sure you know what the laws are before you go planning a wedding :)