• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RunningInThe90s

When should I tell my cousin i have feelings for her?

Guest RunningInThe90s   
Guest RunningInThe90s

Hello and thank you to anyone who reads this and helps me with their perspective.

I currently know how I want to tell her... The question is when. Right now I have 2 options that I can see. She lives in a different State but visits every summer. She didn't have the money and her mom didn't want to pay anymore so I'm paying to bring her up. This give me 2 options. Do I tell her before she comes up here so if she doesn't feel the same or is weirded out by it she can choose not to come up?Or option 2 is wait to tell her in person wile she is here? I feel as if we both have these feeling but i have no way of knowing. I just don't want her to feel trapped if she does not feel the same. This has been eating at me for months. Reading all the posts I could here helped me have some ease of mind but i can't get this out of my head.

Ambra_Flows    4

You have to go by your gut a certain amount about this.  But you might consider telling her before hand, so that if she doesn't feel the same, that would remove the awkwardness, and give you a chance to get over her.  It depends on how sure you are about how she feels about you.  If she rejects you after she's here, are you willing to give her some space?  Don't put any pressure on her to be with you, just because you paid to bring her up.

Good luck and be kind. :)

• Upvote 1