Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Cake

Welcome to my Adventures in Wonderland

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

It all started out with smiles and hugs and "I love you"'s, until his mother read our texts. Let me go back a few months, it all started one day before my brother, Austin, graduated from high school. Both sides of my family came to celebrate his graduation and this is when I got to see my favorite cousin, Andrew (19 years at the time and I 16), that I hadn't seen in four long years.

Instantly we fell attracted to each other (as we had been in the past) and spent the rest of the day playing on my laptop, watching youtube and anime, listening to music, and him hitting on me the entire time (I was too sexually oblivious to tell what he was doing :tongue:). We both saw that we not only resembled one another, but we also had the same interests. It was like looking into a mirror, but seeing a different gendered you.

After he left to sty at my grandma's for the night, I tried to come to terms with my sexual attraction towards my own cousin while dealing with the rest of my family that was still at the house. I couldn't get him out of my mind for the rest of the night, but luckily I was busy playing with my younger cousins.

The next day was the day my brother was officially done for school, for now. Just like yesterday, I was having trouble not thinking about him. I thought he would think I was weird if I told him about me liking him since I was seven (or before that. We've known each other since before I was one year old). Everyone went to the graduation ceremony in two separate vehicles (grandma's house and her company in one car and ours in the other) and unfortunately we didn't get to ride together. I didn't have time to search for him or anyone cause my club, Glee Club, had to sing at the graduation like it does every year. After yet another terrible performance, due to the crappy speakers, we were told we could go sit with our families, leave, sit at the Glee area, or do whatever. Naturally, I choose to go find my family and it took me a while because there were a lot of people and I'm afraid of heights. I'm pretty sure you can guess who I sat down next to.

He spent most of the time talking with me and smiling at me (and I still wasn't getting the hint). After the ceremony we went back to our respective houses so we can change and have a light snack before the party. It was only about 30 minutes, but it felt like 3 hours.  I was constantly rushing everyone and telling them to hurry up because I wanted to see him. As soon as everyone got their lazy butts to grandma's, I instantly sat down next to him and started watching whatever movie he was watching. All throughout the night we tried our best to not be separated, but unfortunately, my grandma and our great aunts must have noticed that we were spending an awful lot of time together.

Fast forward to the beach! We were surrounded by our family members, but we were both dying to know if our feelings were mutual. I don't entirely remember what we talked about at the beach, all I really remember was him asking if I had a 'cousin crush' on him and I started blushing and said, "W-well even if I did, it's not like I could do anything about it..." After that something else happened then somehow we admitted we liked each other and decided to start dating. A week afterwards my grandma sits me down and goes off on a rant that "Drew is only your cousin" and blah blah blah. I just shook my head and told her that I we were only friends (I'm sorry grandma).

Now here we are, after 5 months of texts and calls, we were finally caught in the act, by his mother. She forced him to break it off with me and since he wishes no harm ever become of me, he agreed. I practically had to beg him just to pretend break up with me. Luckily, he agreed, but he says to wait a month before going back to normal. This is going to be a long month...

Does he still live at home?  If so, then he needs to abide by his parents rules.  When he is ready to take responsibility for his own life then he can do as he pleases.  Until that time, he is beholden to his parents for food, shelter and clothes and as a result, must submit to their rules.  Do not encourage him to be deceitful - it will come back to haunt you one day.

Now, perhaps it will be possible for him to sit down with his mom and have an adult discussion about this matter.  Perhaps she can be won over to the realization that there is nothing wrong with a cousin relationship. But until that day, or until the day that he is financially independent, he needs to be gracious and respectful to the people who are allowing him to live in their home.

Technically he doesn't live with his mom. He lives with his grandpa who raised him because his mother abandoned him at birth. He does have a job, but it doesn't make much money that he can be financially independent. I think that sitting her down and talking it out with her might make things worse though, but I'm not quite sure about that. I'm going to let them battle it out because I've never met her and I'd probably make things worse...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0