• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Guest RandomAcct321

First Cousin Once Removed

Guest RandomAcct321

I'm 15, and she's 12. She lives 10 hours away and we only get to see eachother every summer, but we both love eachother. She said that she would marry me when we become adults, but that's quite a few years away. I'm scared she's going to stop liking me as time goes on, as she's only 12 now. She just left for this summer a few days ago and now I won't see her until next year. Each summer we meet it keeps getting harder for me to say goodbye until the next one. It keeps me up at night because all I can think about is her and I'm just full of worry that she won't still want to be with me.

You both are way too young to be talking about marriage, especially her. 

I know that this isn't what you'd like to hear but it is very possible that she could lose feelings for you (maybe she won't). Right now you're both around the age that all of this is very new and things can be very emotionally charged and confusing, you're still developing physically, mentally and emotionally. The two of you should be concentrating on your friendship and put all of this relationship talk on the back burner. Focus on schooling, hobbies, friends etc. When you both are older and if the feelings are still there then come back here if you want and we can give you some more advice.

There are no guarantees in life Guest.  I wouldn't worry about it, if you're feelings stay the same, things might work out eventually.  In the meantime, read the many posts, and learn about the challenges that cousin couples have.  For sure, you two needed to slow things way down.

Ambra