• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mariosonic

Hindus - supportive of cousin marriage?

Guest arpita2tusi

my email is arpita2tusi@gmail.com me also from west bengal ..search my profile on facebook or orkut by the above given id..i have done a lot of work on trying to amend the hindu law..just to omit from no. 34 the prohibited marriages.. now I want a straight answer from any lawyer or person..hindu indian..have got their marriage registered as true loving mutual adult consentous couple..in simple terms are they in whatever laws special way..& are now legally husband wife..! One more thing i want to if a hindu man marries a muslim woman..under what marriage act would u place ?? Hindu act or muslim??

Guest Mr. x

OH MAN.....LOOKING FOR ALL THE ANSWERS AND SEARCHING ALOT ON NET OVER HINDU MARRIAGE ACTS ,ESPECIALLY ABT COUSINS, I M FINALLY HERE... READ SO MANY POSTS...

I WUD LYK TO ADD MY STORY TOO.. WELL...ME TOO HAVING SAME CASE....NORTH INDIAN HINDU... AND WELL SHE'S MY MOTHER'S REAL SIS'S DAUGHTER.... I READ OVER NET THAT HINDU MARRIAGE ACT ALLOWS ONLY CROSS COUSINS MARRIAGE AS LEGAL...AND NOT THE PARALLEL COUSINS MARRIAGES...

CROSS COUSINS---LIKE UR MOM'S BROTHER'S DAUGHTER IS CROSS COUSIN OR UR FATHER'S SISTER'S DAUGHTER/SON IS CROSS COUSIN

PARALLEL----MOMS SIS'S DAUGHTER OR FATHER'S BRO'S DAUGHTER...

AND THAT IS WHERE M STUCK.... :wacko:

THE PROBLEM IS MUCH COMPLICATED THAN THIS... WELL I CAN MAKE MYSELF UNDERSTAND AND SACRIFICE MY FEELINGS BECAUSE IF MARRIAGE HAPPENS OR RELATION DISCLOSES TO ANY OF OUR RELATIVES...THER WUD BE SHAMEFULL CASE FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND MAY BE EVEN WORST....

I KNOW ANYONE WONT SUPPORT BUT INSTEAD THEY WILL KEEP ON PULLING LEGS AND TAUNTINGS N ALL FOR REST OF LYF(GREAT RELATIVES I HV GOT I TELL YA).. GOD KNOWS THIS NEWS CUD EVEN GIVE SOME OF THEM AN ATTACK!!!

BUT THE PROBS IS HOW TO MAKE HER REALISE AS SHE IS MUCH YOUNGER A BIT IMMATURE ABOUT PRACTICAL LYF CONSEQUENCES...PLUS M HER FIRST AND ONLY LOVE OF LYF...THE MAN OF HER DREAMS AS SHE EVER WANTED...

I DONT KNOW WT TO DO....MAY BE I WILL COME TO SM CONCLUSION SOON ENUFF...BUT I DN WANNA BRK HER HEART/HER FEELINGS...SHE'S JUS A BABY ND WANT TO PROTECT HER CARE HER GIVE ALL THE LOVE SHE EVER WANTED BUT.....SAME PROBLEM.....SHOULD I GO FRWRD N TELL FAMILY ABT THS(BT THIS IS GONNA MAKE A TSUNAMI/TORNADO/EARTHQUAKE COME INTO MY LYF ALL 3 @ ONCE) OR PUT A STOP TO IT SILENTLY MAKING HER UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING DEEPLY N CALMLY.....

and regarding arjun in mahabharat arjun was sri krishna's bua's son thats yy it was ok.....

Guest funny_divya@yahoo.co.in

Plz help me i'm an hindu from delhi and my cousin and i love each other for the past 6years. We cant live without each other but our families wont understand plz help us. Anyone who feels they are also trapped in the same situation plz mail me my id is funny_divya@yahoo.co.in i'm dying every minute coz i cant imagine him with anyone else plz help me time is running out as his mother has started looking for girls plz mail me anyone we can help one another i'm positive on it plz 

Guest dolly sharma

Hey, mariosonic here again!

I'm a Hindu, and I was just wondering if there are other Hindus on this site that have experienced their families' opinions of cousin marriage.

I know that there are two types of Hinduism. The first is North Indian. The second is South Indian and Sri Lanka. I'm South Indian. :)

In Christianity, the Bible actually supports cousin marriage. Mary and Joseph were cousins! Is there anything like this in Hinduism?

Also, it would be nice if we could round up Hindu members of the site and share experiences. It would really help ME personally and other people too!

Thank You for reading!

mariosonic

:(please do something if u can please try to make understand north indian that cousin marriages are no harmful.there is a problem that there are join family like chacha mean fathers brother it is not possible to got marriage within family i mean with fathers brothers son.but it can be possible to marriage with mothers sister son aur daughter ,mothers brothers son aur daughter aur fathers sister son aur daughter. so plz if u kan do something like send mail to social worker,minister of south india and to news channels to make understand the public of north india plz plz u dont know about north india i know there are thousand of youngesters commit sucide because of this problem so please help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Hi hi hi,

First read this...

In the Mahabharata, one of the two great Hindu Epics, Arjuna took as his fourth wife his first and cross cousin Subhadra, the sister of Krishna. Arjuna had gone into exile alone after having disturbed Yudhisthira and Draupadi in their private quarters. It was during the last part of his exile, while staying at the Dvaraka residence of his cousins, that he fell in love with Subhadra. While eating at the home of Balaramaji, Arjuna was struck with Subhadra's beauty and decided he would obtain her as his wife. Subhadra and Arjuna's son was the tragic hero Abhimanyu. According to Andhra Pradesh oral tradition, Abhimanyu himself married his first cross-cousin Sasirekha, the daughter of Subhadra's brother Balarama ..

after seeing this first i lough.. bcoz my family is proving me and my cousin by forcely telling that we r brother and sister.. But as i believe Arjun and abhimanyu are the hindus  ..!!! I m also from a Hindu family and i love my parents very much but when they over react on our merrig i terrified.. I think in my mind what is this?

As i think if they check our loyalty with respect to each other, that is much better than these foolish philosophy  . I really happy if they check our loyalty . But they seriously didn't consider our emotions for a second.. just start their own philosophy and telling us indirectly that it is not possible to have sex between brother and sister.  After this i studies everywhere and want to know. Is we really brother and sister ? Then the result i find make me anger alot.. no religion told that we are brother and sister.. even every religion supports cousins marriage.. Then from where hindus develop philosophy of brother and sister.. If you search in the dictionary , there is no world like cousin brother or cousin sister.. it is only cousin..

I also searched about forbidden sex relationships.. I found that cousins r allowed for sexual intercourse.. they r not forbidden..

i want to show the true meaning of marriage...

"True Meaning of Marriage"

The true meaning of marriage is love. By love, I mean not just what we feel but what we do. love has to be unconditional. You are not looking for acceptance or validation. You are giving of yourself to another not because of them, but because of your values. A death to ones self so that another may live and benefit from your sacrifice.

As i think, if anyone feel this for his partner then nothing is more important than your felling for your partner .. the partner may be anyone..

People who fall in love with their cousins are no different than any one else, and should not be discriminated against because they chose someone with similar genes. Human beings are not thoroughbreds that have to be concerned about their bloodlines; finding someone you love is far more important than where you found them.. I love my cousin very much.. So i decide that i will not merry to anyone till life.. becoz of two reason

1.  What i say to the girl whom i merry, why i m not loving her.. As i think merry another girl is a waste of life of both.. I will waste my life but i don't won't to waste that girl's life who come for me with their expectations..

2. Second reason is, i can't forget my cousin, she is my love.. I feel her feelings all around me as she is with me always.. I know why i feel this, becoz she realy love me very much.. You r not going to believe, 50% of dreams, i see her.. and when she comes in my dream that feeling makes me happy like i see GOD.. due to Parents now i much dream to loose her.. She is my life. I will never break my loyalty for her love, so i m going to feel happy forever with her memories.. i feel memories of her love is much precious than any other things.. Even we are taken away but i merry with her memories. No parents r able to stop me by doing this.. I m happy with my life bcoz someone like her love me so much.. I Love My cousin forever n infinite..

Guest ankita

hiii....dear

i m also in the same situation as u...i m in love with my cousin brother n he also love s me like anything.we both just cnt live without each other or cnt see each other with someone else.we wanna marry so can u suggest me what can be done ? is it wrong to marry ur cousin???.....in my point of view its not wrong.m waiting for your reply...plz help me  plz plz plz.....

Guest rogernick

Hey, mariosonic here again!

I'm a Hindu, and I was just wondering if there are other Hindus on this site that have experienced their families' opinions of cousin marriage.

I know that there are two types of Hinduism. The manlike first is North Indian. The second is South Indian and Sri Lanka. I'm South Indian. :)

In Christianity, the Bible actually supports cousin marriage. Mary and Joseph were cousins! Is there anything like this in Hinduism?

Also, it would be nice if we could round up Hindu members of the site and share experiences. It would really help ME personally and other people too!

Thank You for reading!

mariosonic

Hinduism cannot be easily categorized as that. Even in south india, there are different cats of hinduism as Mudaliar, Nadar, Iyer, Iyengar. Well, Hinduism is the most secular one and never worry about it. If you are interested in doing so, just go ahead. No one will ask you to get out of religion or any such thing. It's your birth decision to be borne as an hindu and follow your heart. God will be with you!

Guest nandu

OH MAN.....LOOKING FOR ALL THE ANSWERS AND SEARCHING ALOT ON NET OVER HINDU MARRIAGE ACTS ,ESPECIALLY ABT COUSINS, I M FINALLY HERE... READ SO MANY POSTS...

I WUD LYK TO ADD MY STORY TOO.. WELL...ME TOO HAVING SAME CASE....NORTH INDIAN HINDU... AND WELL SHE'S MY MOTHER'S REAL SIS'S DAUGHTER.... I READ OVER NET THAT HINDU MARRIAGE ACT ALLOWS ONLY CROSS COUSINS MARRIAGE AS LEGAL...AND NOT THE PARALLEL COUSINS MARRIAGES...

CROSS COUSINS---LIKE UR MOM'S BROTHER'S DAUGHTER IS CROSS COUSIN OR UR FATHER'S SISTER'S DAUGHTER/SON IS CROSS COUSIN

PARALLEL----MOMS SIS'S DAUGHTER OR FATHER'S BRO'S DAUGHTER...

AND THAT IS WHERE M STUCK.... :wacko:

THE PROBLEM IS MUCH COMPLICATED THAN THIS... WELL I CAN MAKE MYSELF UNDERSTAND AND SACRIFICE MY FEELINGS BECAUSE IF MARRIAGE HAPPENS OR RELATION DISCLOSES TO ANY OF OUR RELATIVES...THER WUD BE SHAMEFULL CASE FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND MAY BE EVEN WORST....

I KNOW ANYONE WONT SUPPORT BUT INSTEAD THEY WILL KEEP ON PULLING LEGS AND TAUNTINGS N ALL FOR REST OF LYF(GREAT RELATIVES I HV GOT I TELL YA).. GOD KNOWS THIS NEWS CUD EVEN GIVE SOME OF THEM AN ATTACK!!!

BUT THE PROBS IS HOW TO MAKE HER REALISE AS SHE IS MUCH YOUNGER A BIT IMMATURE ABOUT PRACTICAL LYF CONSEQUENCES...PLUS M HER FIRST AND ONLY LOVE OF LYF...THE MAN OF HER DREAMS AS SHE EVER WANTED...

I DONT KNOW WT TO DO....MAY BE I WILL COME TO SM CONCLUSION SOON ENUFF...BUT I DN WANNA BRK HER HEART/HER FEELINGS...SHE'S JUS A BABY ND WANT TO PROTECT HER CARE HER GIVE ALL THE LOVE SHE EVER WANTED BUT.....SAME PROBLEM.....SHOULD I GO FRWRD N TELL FAMILY ABT THS(BT THIS IS GONNA MAKE A TSUNAMI/TORNADO/EARTHQUAKE COME INTO MY LYF ALL 3 @ ONCE) OR PUT A STOP TO IT SILENTLY MAKING HER UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING DEEPLY N CALMLY.....

and regarding arjun in mahabharat arjun was sri krishna's bua's son thats yy it was ok.....

What did u do after ur struggle? Did u move on? Or did you marry ?

hiii....dear

i m also in the same situation as u...i m in love with my cousin brother n he also love s me like anything.we both just cnt live without each other or cnt see each other with someone else.we wanna marry so can u suggest me what can be done ? is it wrong to marry ur cousin???.....in my point of view its not wrong.m waiting for your reply...plz help me  plz plz plz.....

give ur contact info....read dis.http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Hindu-cousins-can-marry-after-converting-to-Christianity-Delhi-HC/articleshow/9429556.cms

Guest Bqqtyfull

The young lady was not shocked, surprised, or judgmental because it is customary for Hindus' to cousin marry or cross cousin marry where they are sharing at least one biological grandmother and therefore are biologically related. The Hindus' share this in common with many Arab nations who still to this day practice the same.

Guest Punith

Hi hi hi,

First read this...

In the Mahabharata, one of the two great Hindu Epics, Arjuna took as his fourth wife his first and cross cousin Subhadra, the sister of Krishna. Arjuna had gone into exile alone after having disturbed Yudhisthira and Draupadi in their private quarters. It was during the last part of his exile, while staying at the Dvaraka residence of his cousins, that he fell in love with Subhadra. While eating at the home of Balaramaji, Arjuna was struck with Subhadra's beauty and decided he would obtain her as his wife. Subhadra and Arjuna's son was the tragic hero Abhimanyu. According to Andhra Pradesh oral tradition, Abhimanyu himself married his first cross-cousin Sasirekha, the daughter of Subhadra's brother Balarama ..

after seeing this first i lough.. bcoz my family is proving me and my cousin by forcely telling that we r brother and sister.. But as i believe Arjun and abhimanyu are the hindus  ..!!! I m also from a Hindu family and i love my parents very much but when they over react on our merrig i terrified.. I think in my mind what is this?

As i think if they check our loyalty with respect to each other, that is much better than these foolish philosophy  . I really happy if they check our loyalty . But they seriously didn't consider our emotions for a second.. just start their own philosophy and telling us indirectly that it is not possible to have sex between brother and sister.  After this i studies everywhere and want to know. Is we really brother and sister ? Then the result i find make me anger alot.. no religion told that we are brother and sister.. even every religion supports cousins marriage.. Then from where hindus develop philosophy of brother and sister.. If you search in the dictionary , there is no world like cousin brother or cousin sister.. it is only cousin..

I also searched about forbidden sex relationships.. I found that cousins r allowed for sexual intercourse.. they r not forbidden..

i want to show the true meaning of marriage...

"True Meaning of Marriage"

The true meaning of marriage is love. By love, I mean not just what we feel but what we do. love has to be unconditional. You are not looking for acceptance or validation. You are giving of yourself to another not because of them, but because of your values. A death to ones self so that another may live and benefit from your sacrifice.

As i think, if anyone feel this for his partner then nothing is more important than your felling for your partner .. the partner may be anyone..

People who fall in love with their cousins are no different than any one else, and should not be discriminated against because they chose someone with similar genes. Human beings are not thoroughbreds that have to be concerned about their bloodlines; finding someone you love is far more important than where you found them.. I love my cousin very much.. So i decide that i will not merry to anyone till life.. becoz of two reason

1.  What i say to the girl whom i merry, why i m not loving her.. As i think merry another girl is a waste of life of both.. I will waste my life but i don't won't to waste that girl's life who come for me with their expectations..

2. Second reason is, i can't forget my cousin, she is my love.. I feel her feelings all around me as she is with me always.. I know why i feel this, becoz she realy love me very much.. You r not going to believe, 50% of dreams, i see her.. and when she comes in my dream that feeling makes me happy like i see GOD.. due to Parents now i much dream to loose her.. She is my life. I will never break my loyalty for her love, so i m going to feel happy forever with her memories.. i feel memories of her love is much precious than any other things.. Even we are taken away but i merry with her memories. No parents r able to stop me by doing this.. I m happy with my life bcoz someone like her love me so much.. I Love My cousin forever n infinite..

M very much honored to see this msg and being standing at the same situation, me & my JANU are sacrificing our LOVE for the sake of her parent's life who are threatening to commit suicide... Her memory is enough for me to lead this tiny little life... Love is nothing but a battle where 2 loving hearts faces challenge against entire family and finally we will be dragged to sacrifice our love physically, but deep inside bottom of our heart the memory stays forever... My eyes, soul, heart, breath are filled with her sweet memories..." Miss U Lot JANU"...

marriages between cousins are allowed by all religions. in islam are even preferred! Are legally recognized by almost all countries of the world. Cousins marriages are prohibited only in China, Romania and a few states of US

Guest Kajal laltoparsad

Hey, im am also im love with my cousin n so is he with me. Bt in our case we'r qyt far rel8d bt we stl keep close ties with regardz to function and get togetherz so we both have dsyded to keep it ol a secret but wil nt get married to other people and if axd ta get married dn we'd jst say we cudnt find sumbdy dat cud love us or we could love . . . We love our family alot and cnt aford ta let dm down, so if u cn dn plz gv me sum advys on hw we cn show our love ta ol . . . Plz help us awt!

Guest Sridhar

I am also in same situation  my dear friends,she is my love and she is my life,I don't know what can I do for this I don't know how to tell and satisfied our family's, I want only one from the god that is my dear my life my wife lot pls make it god .....;-(

Guest Ahsan

I agree..even though Christianity,Islam and many other religions prove that cousins are not brother-sister..as I personally think that cousins are not brother-sister..they can marry each other..:)

Guest S

Me (male) also in same condition, am also a hindu. I also think if both of you think you love each other you can do it . But what ever you say you will get the most unbearable objection from the  society, more in villages. For what my cousin who might also loves me would never be mine.. Read the pre story here... http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Love-My-Cousin/5377084

Guest Nupur Ghosh

Hallo!

I m Nupur. I stay at Delhi. I m in love with my second cousin. He is my mother's uncle's (mother's father's elder brother) daughter's son.

Belonging to a conservative bengali family, there are many obstacles and question marks in our relation. Parents say society wont accept it. So, can I marry him? I love him very much. To just think that I've to live without him, my eyes feel with water. I cant live without him. Please reply soon.

Guest adi

Hi All,

I am also in same situation... i just want to say... i love my cousin and i am not able live my life without her.... our parents are forcing and threats us......  if u do then we will kill both of you.... i.love my cousin....i also love my mom and dad...

Guest seema

I also like my cousin, he is my mothers ucles grand son.......is it legal in eyes of  hindu dharma and hindu government

seema,

He would then be your second cousin. We have a hard time nailing down the differences in the laws in the 50 United States. We here are generally clueless on the various Marriage Acts in India. However, If I have read it correctly, second cousins can LEGALLY marry. DO NOT quote me on this, you would have to read the Hindu Marriage Act. In it, first cousins in the North may not marry, but as is somewhat customary in the South, cross cousins can. Remember, this is first cousins, and your interest is your second cousin. That is why I think it is probably technically legal. However, as many find out, family may still have a major meltdown over it. If it were me, and it is legal, and it was what I wanted, I would get married, and let them have their meltdown........

Guest naren

hello, im a hindhu south indian i love a girl who is MY FATHERS - MOTHERS - SISTERS - SON - DUAGHTER. we love eachother a alot but family is accepting our reation sayin we are brother and sister can pleas help us. is there anyone who can clarify correctly about our relationship thank you.