• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla

Hello everyone, 

So I have a dilemma and I don't know what to do about it. I have recently seen my cousin right and I felt something that I shouldn't be feeling. I rarely do see him however we always talk though messages. I see him whenever I come back to my home country and my world goes upside down. I don't know what to do. He's 15 and I am 18 and I feel like it's really wrong but I can't get him off my mind we get along really really well and have similar likes in common. I don't know how he sees me but if anyone has any advice they can give me please do! 

Hi Lilly - as someone who is happily married to her first cousin, I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with your feelings. However, you said he's fifteen. That's too young for a romantic relationship with a cousin (and for most guys, too young for a relationship at all). If you are seriously interested in him, wait until the two of you are both older. The age difference won't matter then. It's okay to feel how you feel, but try to put those feelings away for now. Be friends, concentrate on becoming the kind of woman you want to be, and if in a few years you still feel about him the way you feel now, that would be time to consider pursuing a relationship with him. 

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes that's what I was thinking that he is too young for now I will take your advice and wait and then see how things go. Thank you so much for your help! Wish you all the best!