Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

We Started Talking Again

I did it guys... In spite of my rough past with my second cousin (admittedly mostly my fault), I finally got her to stop ghosting me. We were really close when we were younger, so this might work out. Any advice? She's in a relationship right now and she knows I used to be romantically interested in her in the past, so I obviously won't make any advances, but I was thinking of showing her how much I've matured and wised up in the mean time.

It’s been a few months and I’m struggling to talk to her like I used to. We used to be super close. Any advice? She lives out of state and this is all through text.

With her being in a relationship, she may not want to be that close with you, even through texting.

Her attention is probably focused on her present interest.

Don't take it wrong, just  be in there if she  needs you. She knows how you feel/felt

and may not want to unintentionally lead you to think there may be more in store

for a relationship with you. She may never be in the place  that she feels she could return any romantic feelings.

Are you prepared for the event that you may never be that close again?

Best wishes on your journey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Romalee said:

With her being in a relationship, she may not want to be that close with you, even through texting.

Her attention is probably focused on her present interest.

Don't take it wrong, just  be in there if she  needs you. She knows how you feel/felt

and may not want to unintentionally lead you to think there may be more in store

for a relationship with you. She may never be in the place  that she feels she could return any romantic feelings.

Are you prepared for the event that you may never be that close again?

Best wishes on your journey.

I'm pretty confident I can be close with her again. Even if she has a boyfriend now, although there's always the possibility that they might break up. I just don't know if it'll be romantic or not.

One of my uncles (her first cousin once removed) actually died recently. I'm planning to talk to her about that on the phone very soon.