<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name' ) ); ?>
Kakieng

I love my second cousin. What do i do

Im very close with my cousin and we spend alot of time together. I've had feelings for her for s few years now, i thought it would go away, thought it was just a physical attraction because she IS beautiful. But as time went on the feelings stayed and grew.

She is extremely nice to me, and we talk alot, she always tells me to come back the next day and come hang out. She even has a nick name for me. Idk if she has any where near the same feelings, i wish i knew.

I dont know what to do, on one hand i deeply love her and long to hold her and kiss her she is beautiful but on the other i dont want to ruin what we got and make things weird between us.  

Is it ok for second cousins to be intimate ? How do i even go about seeing if she feels the same way and if she does how would i convince her its ok?

Idk where to even start

Forgot to mention, we are both 25, in the USA.  Knew each other all our lives.

She really enjoys me being around, sje gets sad when i can't and acts happy when i tell her im on my way. Today she was telling me to come over today and said she misses her cousin, even though i see her almost daily, she lives kinda close. When other people are around she acts slightly different then when we are alone.

Use the "If we weren't cousins..." line. If she says something eww or if it's awkward, just pull out and say u were joking. Cousins usually aren't that intimate with eachother sounds like a good possibility she likes you 

• Upvote 1

I'll try it, i looked into body language signs to tell if someone liked you, she does damn near every one i read.

Heading to her place now :)

• Like 1

Update: i used the if we weren't cousins idea in a more round about way, she didnt seem weirded out or disgusted, kinda neutral about it.

Also told her i had a dream where we had to go on a trip for some thing and she seemed to enjoy the idea. She had a twinkle in her eye when she smiled.

Idk may be reading into it too much. 

O forgot to mention, about a year ago she seen my car at a family members house and i guess she like slammed on the breaks to pull in. The friends she was with were saying how she was talking about me and she got embarrassed and told them to shut up but wanted to tell me about this real crazy dream about me but could never go into detail.

Also one christmas get together we were sitting next to each other, she put her hand on my knee for like a good 5 minutes, we both never said anything about it. I thought she would pull away realizing she made a mistake but kept it there. When she stopped and got up she never was like "oooo, im sorry, i didn't realize" we just never talked about it.

Could that mean something.

But the situation is even more complicated im afraid. She has two kids, 7 and 9, and has one on the way. Her bf treats her like holy crapoly! and their not really together really (thought about using the if we werent cousins i would show her how she should be treated).

My girlfriend who im on the verge of leaving because she treats me like holy crapoly!, we have a kid and one on the way.

My cousin is a very rational and mature person just like me, we both had to grow up early. I dont think she would be with me even if she felt slight ways that way about me, unless it was alot, like she loved me more then i love her.

Nice! What exactly was her response to "If we were cousins..?" Was she quiet ?

You're lucky.. I'm starting to think mine just wants to be really close friends. wish she gave me the signs you get but maybe it's simply because there hasn't been enough time. We've talked through text and calls for a month, and recently just hung out for a week when I was in town. 

Has she ever said "I love you" to you? Cause she has to me which makes me think it's totally familial love

Maybe still too early

but do you mind detailing your earlier relationship with her? If not it's cool haha

Edit: woah just read new post, you guys are already 30+ I'm assuming. I'd definetly go for the confession tho

Edited by Mellow As Jello

She was quite, she does say "i love you", not sure if its just family love, i say it back meaning it for real little does she know lol. 

No we are both 25.

And earlier relationship, um always been good cousins, had a good time around each other but she didnt really care to hang out with me really.

When we were kids, around 7 or 8, she married me.

1 hour ago, Yankeeshakes4313 said:

Yes... That means allot... ?.. go for it and tell her how u feel about her.. she most likely feel the same way

Yea but if i do and she shoots me down I'll loose one of my best friends and it will hurt so bad

3 minutes ago, Yankeeshakes4313 said:

Well until y'all relationships end that's y'all currently in.. then you can get things done...

Id leave her for my cousin and her bf is such a piece of holy crapoly!, pretty much broken up if she moves to these apartments but she doesnt really have a choice

Wow a lot of important missed details.. the kids are a huge problem, you need to sort the relationships out first. And be patient with the confession, im sure a perfect opportunity will arise eventually. 

Forget what we said earlier. I'd honestly wait to tell her how you feel

2 minutes ago, Mellow As Jello said:

Wow a lot of important missed details.. the kids are a huge problem, you need to sort the relationships out first. And be patient with the confession, im sure a perfect opportunity will arise eventually. 

Forget what we said earlier. I'd honestly wait to tell her how you feel

??? agree to it... I would wait to if I was u

I'm thinking about writing her a love letter, mapping out exactly how i feel. Hiding it in her room and tell her i left it in her room, if she doesn't write me about it then I'll just stay away and end that chapter of my life

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By xxxuire
      Hello, CC. I've been in a relationship with my second cousin (or so that's how I was told we're related.) for almost two years now. While we're still young (between 18-25 years old), this is definitely the most loving,  healthy, balanced and caring relationship I've ever been in and she can say the same for herself (I'm a female and she's a MtF transgender. She's on estrogen and testosterone blockers and is infertile as a result). I believe with all my heart that she's the person I was meant to be with. Growing up, we were always told we were second cousins by our family members and when things started getting romantic, we were very relieved that second cousin marriages were legal in every state in the U.S, where we reside. We've both always loved the idea of getting married and having families of our own and when our relationship started to get a little bit more serious, we decided to do our own "homework" so to speak, just to make sure we had the legalities figured out. 

Well, apparently, we didn't. Apparently your parent's cousin is your first-cousin-once-removed (1stCOR), not your second cousin. Which is fine, because 1stCOR marriages are legal in every state but 6. We'd statistically be in the clear, right? Wrong. Of course we had to reside in one of those 6 states (Washington). Not to mention, we can't even get married in a state where it's legal and then come back, as the state will consider the marriage void. Now, it's legal for us to be in a sexual/cohabiting relationship. Just no marriage. When I first read that, I first got angry and defensive. How the heck would the state even know? We don't do blood tests or anything so how would they even know? Then I found out when you apply for a marriage license both parties have to record their parent's first and last names on the application. Now, neither of our parents have the same last name, but my girlfriend's mom is my maternal grandmother's sister. They both have the same maiden names. Then my mind started racing and I got anxious, thinking "during the three day waiting period the state must do a background check where they check your family tree to make sure you're not related so if we apply for a marriage license we're gonna get denied and that'll be a whole other level of embarrassment and I can't deal with that."
      So now I'm in bed at almost midnight being drinking tea. I'm no longer angry and defensive, and I somewhat understand why the law is in place. It still just sucks and I'm super sad. I just want to marry my best friend. I wish I didn't look it up because at least I could claim ignorance, blame it on the terminology used by my family my entire life. I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to just... get it out? Since I can't talk to my family about it (they know of the relationship but 95% of them are very unsupportive).
    • By Rob780
      Hi all..
      I've been sat for an hour reading all posts and stories etc and it's made me want to ask for help and advice..
      I'm seeing my 3rd cousin. It all started as she split up with her bf and I wanted to be there for her to help her and make sure shes happy. But then eventually the feelings came for both of us and we started seeing each other nearly everyday. It was great and I've never felt so happy. I mean she just walks in and I instantly cant stop smiling! Everything she does makes me smile. From the way she talks to the ways she looks and the way she smiles with her dimples, most importantly the way she is and who she is. 
      But I've recently started working a lot due to it being high season where I am,  so we dont get to see each other as much. We both still made the effort and the time to see each other as and when we could though. But now all of a sudden shes started backing of and worrying about people finding out that were cousins and what crap we may or may not get.
      I've told her I ain't bothered as long as she is happy but that doesnt change anything. All I care about is the things family and close friends will say but her parents and mine no something is happening as they keep dropping hints waiting for us to admit it. But they havent once warned us off or tried to stop it etc. Which leads me to believe they wont be bothered about it. 
      Were from the UK shes 20 and I'm 28.. 
      Any help would be great. I just want to show her that we dont know what will happen in the future until we get there. It could be good it could be bad or it could be great. (Peoples reactions)
      What can I do? 
      Thanks 

• By anongirl6843
      Hello,
      Truthfully I can’t believe I have made an account...or am even making a post. Maybe cause it’s almost 4 am? Or maybe cause I’m finally tired of bottling it up. This may be long, just a warning. 
      I’ve had a crush on my cousin since the day I came into this world, believe it or not. The majority of pictures from my childhood are by his side. It actually became a joke between the adults in the family that the two of us were “in love”. And a part of me believes that’s true. But maybe I’m crazy. 
      The problem was that we live in different countries and although I used to visit every summer, the older I got, the less my parents took me to visit. Granted, that’s only due to the increase of risk in traveling to that country. The less frequently I visited, the harder it was for him and I to pick up where we left off on our friendship.
      Currently he’s 23 and I recently turned 18. I know I’m young, so people automatically take what I say as a joke. But every time we wind up in each others presences, theres some sort of tension- like when in movies there’s a separated couple that still have feelings for each-other. As strange as it may seem, my grandmother supports this and wants my cousin and I to be together, as she tells my mother. My parents, however, either get very angry or exaggeratedly laugh at the sound of it. 
      Him and I remain social media friends, and I don’t want to ruin anything in the family- but I can’t help but feel like a part of me will always be wanting to know if he really did and still does feel the same. Or if there’s a chance we could be together. I constantly find myself unconsciously comparing all my “boyfriends” and flings to him, as if I know no one will ever be enough. I just can’t imagine how I would tell him. 
      if you actually took the time to read this- thank you. If you have any advice- thanks in advance. 
    • By StarTrek80
      So my 2nd cousin is coming out for vacation and we’ve been talking over the phone for the last several months before she gets here to New York. I have a crush on her, but not sure she is interested in me. During our talks she has said she wants to do molly with me and get super drunk. She said that she is down for anything, knows we are going to be sleeping in the same bed when she comes out. We’re both in our late 30’s, and the family is not really a factor. We’ve seen each other maybe a total of four times our whole lives but have always kept in touch  
      She’s been sending me pics of what she’s going to wear when she’s out here, telling me things like her butt is hanging out of her romper and that she needs help from me zipping her dresses up. 
      Then there are moments when she completely shuts down and I don’t hear from her for a couple of days. Then she will hit me back up like nothing happened... however yesterday she was extremely short with me, and I didn’t hear from her today. I’m giving her whatever space she needs.
      We have already planned a trip for Australia together in the winter and again she knows we’re sharing a bed, and it’s just going to be us and another trip to France in the summer. She says things like “What if you find someone, you won’t want to go with me” and I’ll reply with the same question and she’ll say she never wants to date again  
      She’s single and I’m single... no kids.
      So I guess my question is, does it sound like she’s open to whatever happens when she comes out here? Knowing she is down to drink and do molly with me, staying in the same bed, chatting back and forth etc, or is she just coming out to have a good time? Am I reading too much into the partying aspect of the trip? 
      She has never alluded to wanting to hook up, but would she? I’ve never alluded either.

• By Indigo_109
      Hi, I'm an absolute newbie and I love that this website exists. Right, to the point! I'm not gonna bore you with the details of my love story, but I will say that I've had a really difficult time digesting the fact that  my cousin and I want to get married. 
      You see, I was one of those people who thought cousin marriages were gross and that there were billions of other people in the world so no one should have a relationship, let alone marry, their cousins. Boy oh boy how karma likes to bite you back in the arse! 
      I fell in love with my first cousin who lived two oceans apart, I really rarely saw him so he wasn't like a brother or anything close, you could say a stranger? We never really spoke, I just about recognised who he was. 
      Anyway, I know I shouldn't care about what people think, but it gets to me when people say things like "Ew that's incest."
      I don't know, I just think it's so hurtful when people say horrible degrading things like "oh it's like sleeping with your brother"... I don't consider it incestuous at all, but upon researching cousin marriages, I came across some people who felt strongly about it being incest. That grosses me out and makes me see my husband-to-be in a different light. 
      I know, I know, I shouldn't care, but I need reassurance that marrying your cousin isn't actually gross, or incest. I feel disgusted at the prospect of being in a potentially incestuous relationship, and I suppose my judgement is clouded by other people's opinions, so I need some positive opinions to realise that the world isn't full of haters.
      Thanks