Local Support Group

I'm sure this is a long shot, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a local support group for married cousins.  I am very thankful for the online support we can get from this site, but I think my husband and I would benefit from getting to know others personally in the same situation as we are.  We currently live in Mesa, Arizona.  If there are any other married cousins in our area, perhaps we could get together in person for support and fellowship.

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Yankeeshakes4313
      I'm going to share and express my thoughts about cousin marriages... Stay tuned... Good subscribe to Sage Nation.... The episode will come in two weeks... I'm going to start my podcast again on Thursday March 15th.... Please subscribe and support my channel
    • By niiko10ne
      Im a 20 year old Student and my Cousin is also 20 and a student
      We've been dating for two years Now and with respect to her I can say were really happy, everyone outside our family thinks we're dating if only they knew right  
      Most of the time we sleep in the same bed, My brother is Totally suspecious one time he found a Rubber on my Cousin's bed a day after I slept on it but didnt say a word
      Sometimes we just forget about everyone around us and get too affectionate or when were having a disagreement we become overly dramtic in a Very Uncomfortable way for people around us I think
      Getting caught wouldn't work to our Advantage I really want my family to know about us it seems so difficult 😭
      Any Idea how to approach this ? 
    • By Jjh18
      So here's the deal I like my cousin a lot and don't know what to do I (male) just  turned 18 and my cousin ( female) just  turned 14 I've liked my cousin for 2 years now and I can't get her off my mind I've talked to a friend and he said to basically forget about it and I've tried my best but nothing has changed I've also told my other older cousin and she didn't take it the worst or the best she said I was doing something bad by liking her and she said if I ever tried to even tell her she would tell my whole family and I don't want that to happen 
      I would love some advice please help
    • By zzzzzz
      I will try to be as short as possible and crystal clear about myself.
      I am 23.8 years old male lives in north India, I am about to complete my graduation within a few months.
      I am way too shy, it's not natural/normal shyness but I believe it's a big problem for me.
      I feel very uncomfortable talking to a female (except my mother and some other family members), I can't even look in their eyes confidently. Even I never had a female
      During my school 6 years ago I had a girl in my class, who used to sit behind my bench (sat there for a year) due to fixed seating arrangment. When she changed her
      school I started missing her. She was lively, talktive, childish, open minded, emotional, passionate, enthusiastic etc.
      Within a few months her memories became obsession for me, I used to think about her day and night .
      It took me more than a year to get over with it.
      Just about that time 4.5 years ago messaging started between me and my first cousin (mother's brother's daughter).
      She is 2 years younger than me and have 2 older brothers.
      She has the same nature just as the girl from school.
      The chat continued for a month, I started developing feelings for her.
      I even told her about the girl from school and she told me about the boy she liked in school.
      I wanted to take more time but something (this "something" is the main problem which is making me feel very sick again, since this thing creeps me out so I will put it
      only one time in the end ) forced me to convey my feeling early.
      I simply said "I like you", she replied "I like you too". That day I was very happy, at night I over messaged her (messages like good night, sweet dreams etc).
      The next day she messaged me that she is not ready for any relationship right now and don't want her brothers to know anything about it as she don't want any trouble.
      I was confused and angry at her and replied "You should have not said I like you yesterday, don't message me again, blah blah...",(Now I know I should have given her
      space, time and respected her decision ).
      Later that night I was not able to sleep properly, so in morning I wrote a very long long meaasge apologizing her.
      Unfortunately her oldest brother and his wife read that message (though they both were understanding and said to us "You two should not have anything in between right
      now, we will think about you two in future).
      She was very upset that what she didn't wanted has happened.
      I was very depressed for the next few months. Every time I visited their house I felt awkwardness and my shyness prevented me dealing with the situation correctly.
      Previously I used to visit their house 3-4 times a year but after that incident I visited their house 4 times in last 4 years. Everytime after returning to home I
      stayed depressed for a few weeks.
      Over these years I have realised that I might have fell for my cousin because I never had a female friend or talked to them.
      Whatever the reasons are I belive my feelings are real and they are quite strong towards her.
      Though I have a lot of cousins but I have realised I always had something for her from a long time back even before 4.5 years ago.
      Now fast fowarding things to present.
      Now I don't expect anything from her absolutely nothing, this is what my mind thinks.
      But my heart still have feelings for her.
      Last week I had to stay at their house for her second oldest brothers wedding.
      Everything was fine and my awkwardness has reduced over the years, but something has made me feel very sick.
      This is the last thing on earth I want to talk about because it creeps me out, but I desperately need some advice.
      The thing is she has used "bro**er" word two times while calling me during the stay and one time 1.5 years ago (but at that time I ignored it, I thought it was a
      mistake though it literally pi**ed me off).
      But this time it really made me upset.
      Since it gave me a very very very sick feeling so I decided to return home, as she came to know I was going she asked me three times "desperately"(the way she asked me
      I can say she was desperately asking me) to stay on two occasions.
      But I refused to stay though I want to tell her the truth why I was leaving, I didn't have courage and nor did I know how to explain this thing to her.
      Later that night when I was leaving I saw her on roof standing alone at 11pm in dark (I don't know why she was up there and what she was thinking).
      It's been 2 days I am at home but I still feels sick. I cannot completely avoid visiting her house in future it's inevitable but I don't want to hear that word again.
      What should I do ?
      How do I talk to her about it?
      How should I explain things to her?
      I would be thankful for some advice.
    • By Casting Love is Love
      We are looking for cousin couples, kids of cousin couples, friends of cousin couples, 1/2 a cousin couple, etc. who are in the Los Angeles area to take part in the documentary Love is Love. Individuals will be compensated $50 (couples $100) for their time and interview. The shoot will be in Encino on Saturday, March 10 and interviewees will be asked to stay for a 30-45 minute interview.
      Love is Love is a project bringing cousin love to a positive light by way of stories, interviews, and statistics. These interviews will be heartfelt, meaningful and we can’t wait to bring these wonderful stories to life.
      The producer is a child of cousin love, and hopes to bring to light her Mom’s story, along with others, in hopes of challenging society’s view of cousin love. 
      Please contact us today if you, or someone you new would be a great fit to have their story documented: cousinlove2018@gmail.com