Hi everyone!

Thanks for having me. I joined this group because my mother dated her first cousin, and although some may think it's a a weird thing to do, she was really happy, and I was happy for her! It made me think, why is this such a taboo thing when it isn't wrong AT ALL? So I've decided to do something to help "normalize" cousin relationships in a big way. 

I'm a professional stand up comedian and will be filming a comedy special/documentary in March of 2018 in Los Angeles. I am looking for cousin couples who are dating, married, etc. or relatives of cousin couples - basically, anyone who is connected to a cousin relationship who is willing to speak about it on camera. My goal is to inform my audience about the statistics, facts, and normalcy of cousin relationships in a funny way (not making fun of it, speaking positively about it), in order to help attract the positive attention it deserves. It would be a short interview, a chance to tell your story. I'll be interviewing my mother as well! It will be distributed via a major company/network. 

I will be holding pre-interviews in February of 2018. If you, or anyone you know, may be interested, please have them contact me for more information: delaniefischer@gmail.com

Thank you!

Delanie

www.delaniefischer.com 

Edited by DF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Casting Love is Love
      We are looking for cousin couples, kids of cousin couples, friends of cousin couples, 1/2 a cousin couple, etc. who are in the Los Angeles area to take part in the documentary Love is Love. Individuals will be compensated $50 (couples $100) for their time and interview. The shoot will be in Encino on Saturday, March 10 and interviewees will be asked to stay for a 30-45 minute interview.
      Love is Love is a project bringing cousin love to a positive light by way of stories, interviews, and statistics. These interviews will be heartfelt, meaningful and we can’t wait to bring these wonderful stories to life.
      The producer is a child of cousin love, and hopes to bring to light her Mom’s story, along with others, in hopes of challenging society’s view of cousin love. 
      Please contact us today if you, or someone you new would be a great fit to have their story documented: cousinlove2018@gmail.com 
    • By pb
      Hi,
      I'm sure this is a long shot, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a local support group for married cousins.  I am very thankful for the online support we can get from this site, but I think my husband and I would benefit from getting to know others personally in the same situation as we are.  We currently live in Mesa, Arizona.  If there are any other married cousins in our area, perhaps we could get together in person for support and fellowship.
      Thank you.
      pb
    • By kielan
      GOOD DAY EVERYONE!

Kamusta po kayong lahat? Some of us couples became successful, and some are still waiting.
      As you can see on the news right now, our President Duterte said he accept same sex marriage, now he insists marriage equality here at Ph. Wala akong comment about LGBTs, pero there might be a chance na eto na ang upbringing naten. Some of us may mga anak na, syempre lahat naman sa atin gusto magkaroon ng legal basis sa pamumuhay, how about we voice out our concerns? Makita nila na marami tayo? How come that they can accept same-sex marriage while cousin marriage is not? Family code is about to change, the law is about to change. Kailangan nating kumilos, para makita nila ang hinaing natin. Im sure, sa buong pilipinas maraming kaperaho natin, humihingi din ng tulong, natatakot lamang. Actually i have to migrate sa ibang bansa para lang maayos na pamumuhay namin. Pero alam ko this year God will do something. may hinanda na siya, kaya inaanyayahan ko ngayon mga ka cc makapag usap tayo ng mga ideas natin sa thread na ito. We need corporate prayers to make this happen!