Casting Love is Love

Seeking Los Angeles Cousin Couples for Documentary Film 'Love is Love'

We are looking for cousin couples, kids of cousin couples, friends of cousin couples, 1/2 a cousin couple, etc. who are in the Los Angeles area to take part in the documentary Love is Love. Individuals will be compensated $50 (couples $100) for their time and interview. The shoot will be in Encino on Saturday, March 10 and interviewees will be asked to stay for a 30-45 minute interview.

Love is Love is a project bringing cousin love to a positive light by way of stories, interviews, and statistics. These interviews will be heartfelt, meaningful and we can’t wait to bring these wonderful stories to life.

The producer is a child of cousin love, and hopes to bring to light her Mom’s story, along with others, in hopes of challenging society’s view of cousin love. 

Please contact us today if you, or someone you new would be a great fit to have their story documented: cousinlove2018@gmail.com 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Beth
      What an incredibly supportive and amazing group!
      Please forgive my intrusion. My name is Beth and I'm a features writer with That's Life - a national magazine that tells real-life stories in Australia and New Zealand.
      We share unique love stories in the first person and in a completely non-judgemental way. All of our interviewees receive full copy approval. 
      I'm posting as I'd love to find an Aussie or Kiwi couple who'd be willing to speak to me. I think that it's really important that we tackle the stigma associated with dating/marrying your cousin. It is, after all, completely legal!
      The only way we can do that, though, is by people coming forward to share their stories, openly and candidly. 
      If you are interested, please drop me an email at bethany.young@pacificmags.com.au. 
      Thanks very much,
      Beth 
    • By 290
      Hi
      I have no idea how to do this so here goes
      Ok let me start by saying me and my cousin actually grew up together ,I took care of her and I was her only friend when she was little ( we are a few years apart in age, but nothing to major ) ,we both were young and we never saw each other as anything els than family (except that we loved each other ,I would say more than we loved the other family members) (no we didnt do anything weird when we were kids and didnt have weird ideas, so dont get weird ideas)
      I was there since she was born and like I said we grew up together, but when I turned 12 I started avoiding her (I did it bec I was young and starting to get well yea horny) so I had trouble controlling myself and bec of that I started avoiding her and also as I got older I avoided her more and more bec I had trouble controlling myself around her so I did not want to do something stupid bec I was just a young kid and yea young kids do stupid stuff (especially between the ages of 12 - 19) So I reckoned the best would be for me to completely stay away
      We are both married today (not the best relationships bec both our partners are horrible to us even thou we love them) also her husband and my wife dont know each other at all
      We had a talk not to long ago , she was feeling sad bec her husband is mean to her and the same on my end , so we both were pretty sad 
      So we talked and talked and I said some things to make her feel better and she said some stuff to make me feel better and we were pretty serious with what we said and we made each other feel a little better (again we simply gave each other complements and stuff so again nothing weird)
      So as we talked more and more as the days went on she started asking questions so I was like screw it lets be honest
      So I told her how I think she is beautiful and that I meant it and that I would give anything for a girl like her and she said the same thing to me
      So as we spoke more and more we became more and more open (we are also both brutally honest people so when we say something we mean it) I had a dream (a very hot and erotic dream about the 2 of us) yea I told her she actually wanted to know more and more and in more detail so yea I told her in more detail, In the end I was like you yopu probably are mad now and she surprised me by saying well I will take your dream as a massive complement (just because its coming from you)
      Ok we started flirting little by little , kinda joking but also serious, so then she asked me why I suddenly left her when we were young , i said be I went to high school (although I was home every weekend)  and she said well she still doesn't understand why I left , so I was like ..... ok I will tell you but please dont hate me , lookk I love you and I didnt want to hurt you or do some stupid holy crapoly! , because I got very very pervy and horny when I turned 12 so bec I love you so much I had to leave bec I didnt wana do something dumb to you and mess up your mind or cause some emotional dammage,
      She said: Well it would have been allot better than what happened to me when you werent there (she had a bad time bec she got lonely and depressed ect ect ect and also she got into a bad relationship and was a abused by some kissy-faceing piece of holy crapoly! guy who should burn in hell with his eyes eaten out by scorpions each day !!!) Sorry I get pissed when I think about what happened to her  >:(
      So I am feeling a bit angry at myself for not sticking around , anyway getting back to the story
      I replied to what she said hey listen I was a bloody perv and I could not controle myself around you ?!?!!!!! do you understand what im saying ????
      She: yes I understand perfectly and it still would have been better than what happened 
      Me: I love you ,can you imagine what would have happened ? you would have had me doing stuff to you ..... do you understand ??!! I was a perv
      She: I dont care it still would be allot better than what happened ! , you love me right , you always took care of me when we were little right ? you never hurt me ever and you were always there when I needed you 
      Me: yes
      She: well having you do things to me would have been allot better then having that piece of holy crapoly! abuse me
      Me: im sorry I never nhew about it , if you simply said something I would have killed him just for touching you (the guy isnt in her life anymore) 
      Me: im still sorry but you would have hated me if I stayed 
      She : not really 
      Me: I was a perv .... I still am a little 
      She: well i wish you did stay bec I would have prefered you any day over him
      She: also you know that dream you told me about 2 days ago, well I told you I liked it so what does that tell you about me ? if your a perv what does that make me for liking it ?
      Me: well ........ ok haha 
      We continued flirting and our flirting has been getting a little hotter and we have been getting a little more and more honest with each other 
      We have also gotten more honest and we love each other (allot more than we should) , we have felt this for many years but we simply just started talking about this a few weeks ago, so yea .... bec all is out in the open now we are at that point if you put us in a room it wont be long till we go at it like rabbits
      But we both are married (both in bad relationships)
      We have seen each other naked and we like what we see, yea we exchanged pics
      We are both very good looking (infact we are you would say hot) (im not saying that to brag , its a fact , no im not guna share our pics) (think young Roxette and a well built Brad Pitt)
      Problem is we love each other more than we should and pretty soon we will see each other (like I said we are guna be at it like rabbits) no we arent planning to be but its guna happen lets be honest
      Again we are both married but we also want each other we are closely related , we are both adults ,I love her with all my heart, what should I do ?!?!?!?
      Im unsure what to do, I want opinions and advice (please be honest and dont judge me to harshly) should I go thru with it ? should I run away and climb under a rock ? what should I do ?!!??!?!?! she want me to come visit Im afraid of what I might do when I am around her 
    • By DF
      Hi everyone!
      Thanks for having me. I joined this group because my mother dated her first cousin, and although some may think it's a a weird thing to do, she was really happy, and I was happy for her! It made me think, why is this such a taboo thing when it isn't wrong AT ALL? So I've decided to do something to help "normalize" cousin relationships in a big way. 
      I'm a professional stand up comedian and will be filming a comedy special/documentary in March of 2018 in Los Angeles. I am looking for cousin couples who are dating, married, etc. or relatives of cousin couples - basically, anyone who is connected to a cousin relationship who is willing to speak about it on camera. My goal is to inform my audience about the statistics, facts, and normalcy of cousin relationships in a funny way (not making fun of it, speaking positively about it), in order to help attract the positive attention it deserves. It would be a short interview, a chance to tell your story. I'll be interviewing my mother as well! It will be distributed via a major company/network. 
      I will be holding pre-interviews in February of 2018. If you, or anyone you know, may be interested, please have them contact me for more information: delaniefischer@gmail.com
      Thank you!
      Delanie
      www.delaniefischer.com 
    • By pb
      Hi,
      I'm sure this is a long shot, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as a local support group for married cousins.  I am very thankful for the online support we can get from this site, but I think my husband and I would benefit from getting to know others personally in the same situation as we are.  We currently live in Mesa, Arizona.  If there are any other married cousins in our area, perhaps we could get together in person for support and fellowship.
      Thank you.
      pb
    • By Seline
      If anyone can answer me this I'd very much appreciate it. 
      My first cousin and I were very close back in our younger years. We would hang around many times and have lots of fun going out to clubs etc.. One time, when I was 20 and he was 19 (he's one year younger) he came on to me. He was inexperienced at the time and was holding in I guess his feelings for too long so he must have lost control of his hormones. I admit I panicked and pushed him away. He didn't say anything. I remember his face after rejecting him-he seemed disappointed and embarrased. We just carried on from that day as if nothing happened though.
      Nevertheless, when one day I decided to move to Canada, he never came to see me at the airport as he had promised so. Three years later, when he found out I was getting married and saw a photo of the man who I was going to marry, he called me at work to tell me what the hell was I doing with this man and that I was making a mistake. I called my aunt (his mother) and asked her why did he do this? and she told me ''because your cousin loves you honey''... I was stunned hearing this and confused not knwoing what my aunt really meant. Was she telling me that my cousin loves me as his cousin or was it something else?..In any case, it turned out he was right.
      The man I married was a monster..So years passed being unhappy though I'd still talk with my cousin once in a while over the phone. Then I met my second husband or second nightmare that is.
      I remember when my cousin called me again after seeing me in a photo with my 3 year old daughter to tell me how good and beautiful I still looked but I still thought he was just being nice and all. After my second divorce, I reunited with him. We hadnt seen each other for nearly 20 years altogether.
      He was excited to see me and he would come and sleep on my aunt's uncomfotable couch even though he had a very nice place of his own. One day his girlfriend showed up and she'd be all over him but he would not touch her (at least in front of me). Few days later we had our first argument and I was shocked to hear him say that I made a big mistake moving to another country and about marrying the men I did..I was hurt but he was so right...
      Later, I tried putting all the pieces together wondering if my cousin was in love with me and simply cared for me deeply. I was quite prudish at the time and taboos were still an issue. After our arguement, we stopped seeing each other and we met again three years later at my uncle's funeral (his father). I walked into the church to see him wearing black shades standing alone in a corner.
      I went to him and just hugged him cautiously feeling unsure about his response. Ill never forget how tight he held me, as if he needed to feel my body next to his. At least, that was my interprentation. After the funeral, we all met at my aunt's house for coffee and he was avoiding me most of the time. Only when I got up to leave my cup at the sink, he told me 'take mine too'...
      My aunt reassured me he is holding no grudges against me and she has been telling me many times to just go and visit him at his office. I did. He was warm with me. We talked. I noticed right away, that he was fidgeting and shaking his leg nervously. He asked how have I been doing and told him about my new job while also stupidly mentioning I was seeing a man though not in a serious relationship.I was thinking that we are grown people and he wouldn't judge me negatively about this. Surprisingly, our meeting was short and he wouldn't even treat me to a cup of coffee, something he always used to do! Upon leaving, he caressed lightly my cheek and gave me a soft hug. That was it.
      He's been asking my aunt how am I doing but he has never called me once since then. Is it that I have disappointed him in some way? Why is he avoiding me so much?? Btw, he has never married neither does he have any children. He has had many relationships but never stayed faithful to any of the women he dated...Now more than ever, I think about him very intensely realising he must have loved me at a time..So sad..