I’m a teenager. And my (first) cousin is only 40 days younger. Me and my father went to visit my family in Colombia because his parents were having their 60th anniversary. I was so excited because I was really close to my cousin and didn’t see him in years. When I laid eyes on him I immediately liked him, more than familiar. 

I would always avoid his gaze but when our eyes met, they held on longer then usual. Our family trusted us to sleep together in the same bed and I cuddled with him and next thing I know, we’re kissing. We slept together for the entire trip, teasing each other under the covers. And in the day, sneaking each other kisses when no one was looking. 

He’s like no guy or person I’ve dated before, everything about him is just perfect to me. I left to go back to the U.S and I can’t stop thinking about him. His lips, how safe I felt in his arms, his scent. I think I’m falling for him. But I’m a teenager, what if this is just my body acting like it sexually horny and emotional mess self? And how will I stay in touch with him? 

My mom hates his father, and I think our entire family would disapprove. 

It is very well possible, that since you are young, that it could just be your hormones.  Although you never did say how old you are (18, for example, makes you both a teenager and an adult).  The only way to know for sure is time.  You can always keep in contact with him like you would anyone else, via phone, text, email, social media, etc... If over time, once you are older (an adult) and having already gotten to know him on at least on a passive social level (having remained generally in contact), you still find yourself pulled to him and curious to explore that possibility in same way, then would be a good to pursue your feelings.  Until then, enjoy the memory and trust that time will tell you if how you feel is real or not.

Yea, slow down my friend. You have plenty of time to grow into the confident woman that only comes from living.

OK, so we know your hormones are indeed working. Do not put yourself in those situations until you are ready for more than just kissing. How old are you?

Your cousin will probably marry much younger than you would typically in the States. The sooner you can tell your cousin how you feel, the better. My advice : do not marry younger. You are worth waiting for. Make him wait until you finish school.

good luck

• Like 1

@CousinlLoveYou 

I don’t want to reveal my age but I’m not 18 nor 13, I’m just right about in the middle of those teenage years. But that’s the thing, in Colombia they have the most crappiest WiFi in the world that I’ve seen. WiFi is like for that 1% population. Aaaand I don’t have any social media because of my mother and she’s gonna find out if I open a secret account.

@KC

whoa, ok yes maybe you’re right but I’m not thinking about marriage waaaay too young for that. I am definitely not going to marry until after school, I can tell you that. And I’m not sure if we have or haven’t admitted our feelings. I could feel he did love me, especially through body language, maybe I was a little more vague but I definitely at least tried to show it. But neither said it verbally and that’s what worries me. What if what I felt and thought I saw was actually nothing? 

19 minutes ago, Owlofthewinter said:

@CousinlLoveYou 

I don’t want to reveal my age but I’m not 18 nor 13, I’m just right about in the middle of those teenage years. But that’s the thing, in Colombia they have the most crappiest WiFi in the world that I’ve seen. WiFi is like for that 1% population. Aaaand I don’t have any social media because of my mother and she’s gonna find out if I open a secret account.

Well, as both I and KC have said, you should take things slow and try not to get too caught up.  However, you normally keep in touch with family is how you should proceed (be it by letters, phone, etc...).  My point really is only time will tell if this was only a moment or if later, after getting to know him and with time, will you know if how you feel is real.