Gab_So41

Please help I need advice

Hi,

I am currently in a 5 year relationship with my first cousin and have 2 children together I never paided attention or it never cross my mind that it was illegal to be with him here in texas, and now I can't stop thinking about it I'm scared to death that the can catch us and put us in jail or even worst take away our children. Can they actually do that?

We don't know what they can do but I seriously doubt they are looking for you or will ever bother you.

Don't be scared to death. You are making yourself sick over nothing. The Texas law was aimed at child abusers like in the case of Warren Jeff's.

Open a bottle of wine and enjoy yourself tonight. There are real threats out there like the Teenage Mutant  Ninja Turtles.

Good catch, KC... I hadn't noticed this post before.  My best advice would be to cross the border over into New Mexico and get married.  Texas, last I knew, did not have a "void" clause for out-of-state marriages.  I would be very surprised if Texas decided to punish two legally married people for having sex together.