• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest timtamtom

broke up with my cousin two years ago but cant forget him

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

hi all

this is my first post on this site.

my story is that my cousin (who i hadnt seen in prob 10 yrs as he lived abroad) and i got together on my 30th birthday (he was 32), both of us were quite shocked and agreed to stay away from each other - we couldnt, and ended up having an on-off relationship for 1.5 years.  i used to freak out and break up with him and then always come back as it broke my heart to be seperated from him.  he is two years older than i am and was keen to settle donw and have kids.  i wasnt at that time and his commitment to the relationship scared me. eventually he got sick of my attitude and we seperated for good just over two years ago when he again moved abroad ( i guess he saw it as a clean break).  this broke my heart and i cried, told him i loved him and would also move to be with him, but he was having none of it.

not too long after i started a rebound relationship whcih lasted 6 months - however while with this other guy i constantly thought about my cousin - i asked to meet him but he always refused.

anyway to cut to the present - about 6 months ago we started meeting up again - going to the cinema, dinner lunch etc ... and all my feelings for him came back.  however i found out from my sister that he is seeing someone now (my sister knows about out past).  he never spoke to me of his girlfriend but now knows i know as we had a family get together recently and i checked with him if he was bringing this girl - he went alone - i dont know how serious their relationship is - i get some info from my sister, but i know he wants to get married and start a family so i guess he sees some kind of a future with this girl.

i know that he really loved me, i dont know what to do - it is probably not fair to exepect or tell him how i feel when he is with someone else (or so my gut tells me!) - do i just sit it out and hope they break up - and then tell him how i feel ??

also i shoudl mention that in the past two years i have done a lot of growing up and i now also want to get married and have kids - and if we ar to be together woudl have no problem telling my family (i have already told my sister and modt of my friends!)

any feedback would really be appreciated. - thanks!

I think that you should tell him before it's too late :( {for example - he gets married}...

dnt wait till its to late.iws in same situation very afraid but lookng back am glad i dnt lt hm go we hve 2kids en hapy

Don;t wait until it is too late. Let him know that you still want to be with him. If you don't, you will probably regret it. Be brave. You guys have been there before and he is obviously entertaining your presence.

Please be aware of the dates of posts.

This thread is over 4 years old and as far as we know this

person has not been back.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0