KC

What do you guys do to have fun

What do you guys do to have fun or for hobbies? I used to love to fish and prospect for gold. Fishing now seems a bit boring for a nondrinker.

Also, I'm realizing, after 20-some years of marriage, how self-centered I am. I would especially like suggestions of things my wife might enjoy. Wife loves Rollercoasters.  I believe in self-preservation. She does not hence a small dilemma.

I'm thinking of taking her to one of those zip line outfits. Anyone done this? Also does a broken neck actually hurt as bad as it sounds?

haha, don't know about the broken neck pain! so.... you're looking for some dare-devil ideas, huh? LOL. try the zip-line. hey, try an indoor sky-diving place! paint-ball... escape rooms... horseback riding!

but all of those are good for special occasions... once in a while. unless you're filthy rich anyway. so how about something ya'll can do together frequently without spending a lot of money... tennis might be a good option. long walks on nature trails? oh hey, i have an idea! it's probably too late this spring for you to do it. i keep meaning to do it every year but miss the deadline every darn time. i want to take a master naturalist course. it involves class time and field work, but you learn all about the plants and animals in your area, learn what is edible, what is medicinal, and you can take extended classes to learn how to rehabilitate injured wildlife. i think it would be awesome. and an extra benefit is once you are certified you can have a nice sideline income. and it's something ya'll could to together!  check it out... https://www.mecknc.gov/ParkandRec/StewardshipServices/GetInvolved/Pages/CCMN.aspx

or you could get involved in something like a food pantry. i used to do that in vegas, and put lots of time in it. i am doing it again now... have a neighbor who started up a neighborhood "take what you need, leave what you can" operation two years ago. it has grown like wildfire and now we have 8 neighborhood (stand-alone) pantries and have two storage units to keep donated food... and a network of volunteers that actually deliver the food to the pantries four times a day.

but there are more than just pantries... you could start volunteering together in any local charitable organization, or start one up yourselves! we have a guy that started up a "homeless church" by partnering with a local church that lets him use their building on sunday afternoons for preaching to homeless folks. many of them come for the social outlet, or for the free bread, or for a chance to get out of the cold during winter and heat during summer, but you'd be good at something like that. 

These are excellent ideas. I'll let you know what I choose. 

When we got married 16 years ago my wife and I decided we would try to do something we've never done, or go somewhere we've never been at least 3-4 times a year. We've taken vacations in D.C. , Idaho, an Alaskan cruise, and many other places.In February we went snowmobiling for the first time. Next weekend we're going to a Celtic festival. And whether we enjoy it or decide "Never again" the point is we are experiencing and sharing it together. There is so much to see and do in this world I'm sure you'll find something you'll both enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, McKenzie83 said:

When we got married 16 years ago my wife and I decided we would try to do something we've never done, or go somewhere we've never been at least 3-4 times a year. We've taken vacations in D.C. , Idaho, an Alaskan cruise, and many other places.In February we went snowmobiling for the first time. Next weekend we're going to a Celtic festival. And whether we enjoy it or decide "Never again" the point is we are experiencing and sharing it together. There is so much to see and do in this world I'm sure you'll find something you'll both enjoy.

how fun!! i always want to do things like that but seems like time always slips away. we lived in las vegas for ten years, and then when we moved back to texas we realized all the things we always meant to do and see together never got done. things like hiking in red rock canyon... or watch the military red flag training exercises taking place...  seeing the grand canyon. driving out to see the desert in bloom during the spring. so many things that could have been done with little or no money, and would have been memories to cherish forever.  

now that we're back in texas we do try to do things together. problem is mostly finding the time to do it. i guess even more, the bigger problem is really making the most out of the things we do find time to do together! we live in a historic district, and so there are often events like parades downtown, or arts festivals, oktoberfest, holiday events. we do go to some of those things, usually with kids and grandkids, but now that i'm talking about it i realize that i don't place near the importance on those memories as i should. 

i'm glad for this thread, it's giving me a new perspective on things!

Concerts is a good one! I just read where one study found that attending a concert could make one live longer and is better than yoga. Within the past 2 years I saw two of my favorite bands play live. It was pure bliss.

We travel with our 5th wheel trailer. Visit places, family and friends on the way to where ever.

Have been in Missouri for about 3 weeks. Visited the Clydesdale horse ranch, the WW1 memorial and museum in Kansas City and 

several other historical places in  the area where we are. Heading  back to Texas in a couple of days and will be at a lake for some

r&r and some fishing!!

• Like 2

Well, my idea of fun is a bit "different":  I have filed to be a candidate for a local election!  Never, in my wildest dreams, did I ever think of doing that!  LOL

HUGS

• Like 2

I do lol, but not with my cousins. 

I go out with friends, make random plans and when we all meet we normally talk about spooky stuff lol. Sometimes we don't plan but we just go on trip and jam in the parking lots until police come to stop us lol (No alcohols or drugs, we just play loud music nd enjoy). Normally well planned trips do not turn out as great as the random ones do.

• Like 1

Nice.. it must be hard to hide feelings for ur cousin from your wife? 

Dual life really scare me (sorry if it offends you), I am scared to betray anyone's trust. I have stopped thinking about my future and I am ready for any thing that future holds for me (not going to push anything). 

I do have feelings for my cousin, I don't know if they are mutual or if we are soul mates or whatever it is. It is really confusing. 

It's hard to move on without closure! 

Even if he does decide to call me, I don't know how I am going to proceed lol.

So much confusion.