Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eflo56

Any Christian Cousin loves that have or are pursuing marriage out there?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

We're looking for Christian couples who are married or who have a desire to. We would like to here from your experiences talking to your pastors and family members regarding your relationship with your cousin. Thank you and God Bless you.

I know one lady from this site asked her priest if it was ok to marry a cousin. His responded, "I hope so, I married my cousin too." Something like that.

There are many Christians here. Two administrators are even pursing various academic religious degrees, one in graduate school. I hope to follow next year.  :grin:

i'm a christian, married to my (first) cousin (once removed) :)

we weren't regular in church back then, but my oldest daughter's best friend's stepdad was a preacher. we wanted him to have full disclosure before he agreed to perform our ceremony... which was in our house with only my parents as witnesses. (it was a holiday. we'd just gotten back from visiting his family, and my brothers were elsewhere.) the preacher was a bit uncertain about it at first, until he learned that his wife was the daughter of first cousins. i guess that made it ok. LOL, i can only hope he went home and looked up the scriptures to support it rather than just relying on that!

later, when we were living in las vegas, we were members of a church there. at one point we were having some issues, and went to visit the pastor for counseling. because of the family dynamics involved, we explained the biological relationship. we'd heard pastor dean preach before about jacob and his wives, mentioning they were cousins, so i knew he was aware that it was ok in the Bible, but he did look pretty surprised when we told him we were cousins. i guess that's not something he runs across very frequently.

Thank you so much Lady this is so helpful. We are pursuing marriage soon, and are in hopes that we can do by next month or even January. But we have yet to speak to our pastors. God is so good as He has shown us that this is His will, and confirm and shown us in so many ways, We just told our families a few weeks ago and have gained their support praise God. We do sense that we should be getting married soon but were not sure how they will respond.

When my wife and I got married, the Chaplain told my wife, "my grandparents were cousins... and look what a genetic mess I am!" (jokingly, of course). 

How any given pastor responds will depend on the individual.  They're all humans and all come with some degree of personal, non-Biblical bias.  Some can set it aside long enough to reach into the Gospel and some cannot get past misusing select bits of the Gospel to support a non-Biblical bias.  Run from the tyranny of the latter.

Honestly, I don't find anything wrong with it. My third cousin and I were talking about pursueing a relationship. I honestly don't feel its bad considering only 0.781 % of Dna is shared. Which EVERYONE shares DNA. Sooo yeah

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0