Thomas

What the heck should I do?

I feel like I love my 1st cousin once removed. We have a musical interest in common we both create music. Recently when my grandfather was in the hospital I wanted to hang out with her. She had to head out early from a restaraunt we both walked into. A couple days later she came , she sounded weary on the phone , nervous maybe, she came we went to dinner with my grandmother. She then said when my grandmother said she needed ice cream to give my grandfather , Thomas and I will go get ice cream. We walked into a store, guy was negative so I made a comment to her when we left .we finally left went to another store. I asked her her age , she’s 26.5, and I’m 22 almost 23. I insisted on paying and before initiated a game of Rock Paper Scissors seeing who would play. Later we went back and we hung out getting up to do tasks for my grandfather together. She told me she would see me at our family music gathering. At the music gathering she was always in the other room and was cold to me refusing help to set up. I ended up leaving early after everyone performed. She still gave me a hug. I was invited to her show quite some time after the gathering , I was surprised. I went, she said hi Thomas I have a lot going on but it’s nice to see you.” I left after the show . At my grandparents gathering most recently she came over gave me a hug and said it was really kind that I went to her show. She approached me first then joined the conversation with me and my other two cousins. As the waiter approached she touched my arm to guide me out of the way.i was reserved at the party, she put on her fleece as I got ready to go. She smiled at me as I said goodbye to everyone , waved. Then when my coat was on the other side of the table she handed it to me and smiled I smiled back and left. What should I do. She was very encouraging to me when my dad discouraged me to pursue my dream job. What does this all mean? I obsess over this and want to confess 

From what you've posted I don't really see any romantic interest on her part.  It sounds like you have a crush on her and I suppose you should do what you'd do with any crush:  ask her out for coffee, talk to her on the phone, try to see if there's a spark of anything to build on.  Definitely do not confess to anything.  There's nothing for you to confess to.

The question is, "what the heck should I do?" Man, you have it so easy since you have so much in common with your cousin. So call her and invite her to some musical event that can't be missed. See what happens. Don't be surprised if she doesn't feel the same way, but trust me, ladies know just how to make it clear that they are interested, even to the thickest nucklehead :)

She may just be a song you can't get out of your head. I hope it is reciprocal; you will just have to investigate. Good luck.