My 1st cousin and 1 lived 400 miles apart. His mother and my mother were sisters. We visited maybe once a year. I got married at 18 and saw him 2 or 3 times in 50 years. 

I'm now 66 years old and he is 61 both had 2 marriages that ended in divorce. We found out we both live in the same city and he asked me to dinner as we were both single and alone. We have been dating for 6 months and haven't had a fight or even a argument. We discusse, compromise and decide together, the way we always thought a relationship was supposed to be and had never had in previous relationships. 

We want to get married to have companionship and share retirement. We found out if we do, it's considered a class A felony in our state. 

I would definitely like to keep Uncle Sam out of our relationship. Can any thing be done legally? 

How lovely that you two are in such a great relationship!  

We are not lawyers so can't give legal advice.  It would be a good idea to consult a family lawyer.

The other option that I see is for you to move to another state.  I live in Florida and I know cousin marriages are legal here.  There are other states where you would be legal also.

Do please let us know how things go.

HUGS

Nat