My cousin and I kept a relationship for 8 years. She was my first and only woman I’ve been with. In public we would act like the cousins that we are but in private we did everything a normal couple would do. She’s three years older than me and have always been faithful to each other all these years. We have a very traditional family that will never accept or understand what we feel for each other. Earlier this week she was confronted by a family friend in private and told her that he hoped the rumors about us weren’t true. He told her that the family doesn’t deserve this if it’s true and that we were not stupid enough to do such thing. We knew that a number of people were getting suspicious of us but together we worked through it with sadly by lying to everyone including our mothers. But this time she didn’t mention it and was just acting cold towards me by keeping her distance and ignoring me. This got me very upset and I acted the same not knowing what was going to happen. Just yesterday she told me that she can no longer bear with the guilt and that it was time to end everything. She perfers to keep the family from splitting than having to live with the guilt the rest of our lives. Heartbreak, anger, and regret all mixed into one is something I don’t wish for anyone to experience. Losing her is something I didn’t imagine would happen at least not like this. She never gave me a chance to discuss the situation and work something out like we always did. I didn’t get the chance to right my wrong from this week. I didn’t get to hold her like I always did or give her a kiss even though she told me in person. I guess that the shock of the situation didn’t let me do these things. 

I’ve spent the last day trying to convince her to think things through but she won’t reverse her decision. Reminding her of our happy moments won’t work even though it hurts her as much as It does me. She says there’s no turning back and that I can no longer tell her that I love her. 

If you’re reading this and you have the fortune to be with that forbidden person you love, cherish her/him and every second you spend with them. 

I am sorry to hear that!  I am working towards mine right now.  If it works out I hope never ever to end it.  I hope for you that she can listen to her heart and stop worrying about everyone else.  

I am so sorry to hear of your tragedy. It would be a huge mistake to assume that one or two people from your family are representative of the whole. It is another mistake to assume they have the power to split the family.

In my experience family members can be quite shocked initially but they soon get over it. It's rare that a family member never comes back around.

I think it is good to give your cousin some room to breathe and contemplate. She may decide that you are worth all of the trouble. If not, say good riddance and find you someone who cares deeply about you. You deserve that.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 5:53 AM, Stevey1991 said:

I am sorry to hear that!  I am working towards mine right now.  If it works out I hope never ever to end it.  I hope for you that she can listen to her heart and stop worrying about everyone else.  

If it works out for you enjoy every single moment with that person because it’s extremely painful when you lose them. 

1 hour ago, KC said:

I am so sorry to hear of your tragedy. It would be a huge mistake to assume that one or two people from your family are representative of the whole. It is another mistake to assume they have the power to split the family.

In my experience family members can be quite shocked initially but they soon get over it. It's rare that a family member never comes back around.

I think it is good to give your cousin some room to breathe and contemplate. She may decide that you are worth all of the trouble. If not, say good riddance and find you someone who cares deeply about you. You deserve that.

I know for sure she still loves me as much as i do. My mom knows but it turns out the family already has a tragic history with situations like this and she doesn’t want us to go through the same pain that she went through.