Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

How Can I Tell If She Likes Me Through Text?

My second cousin lives in another state, but she always seems enthusiastic when I text her. She uses a lot of exclamation marks and emoticons.

With so little information it is hard to tell anything. Info needed for better advice; what are your ages, do you see each other frequently,

etc.  Depending on some of this missing info, she could just be an outgoing person and that is her way of texting. There may not be

any other meaning to it.  You sound as if you both might be young.  In reality there is nothing illegal or biblically  or medically to keep 

second cousins from having a relationship. I am married to my second cousin.

Give us a little more information and more advice may be forthcoming.

11 hours ago, Yoshi said:

My second cousin lives in another state, but she always seems enthusiastic when I text her. She uses a lot of exclamation marks and emoticons.

Can it be possible that she is screaming at ya!? 😂

As Romalee said, please give us more info. Like, what does she text you? Also, you said that she seems enthusiastic when she text you. However, she may be enthusiastic to EVERYBODY she texts with, eh?

Pooch

I'm 24 and she's 25. We're both super close to each other. We text each other every other week. She puts in a lot of detail in her texts and asks a lot of questions. I also know she's a busy person but that doesn't stop her from texting me back a lot.

16 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I'm 24 and she's 25. We're both super close to each other. We text each other every other week. She puts in a lot of detail in her texts and asks a lot of questions. I also know she's a busy person but that doesn't stop her from texting me back a lot.

It does not add up my friend. If you guys are super close to each other (in that sense...the friendly even to the point of romantic sense), then you guys won't just text each other every other week. 

Every other week?!

Not even every week but every other week.

Not every week. Not every day. Not multiple times during the day and stuff.. But every other week. 

Come on man..

Now second point. You said that she puts a lot of detail in her text. Now that's good news then. :) However, we need more than that. What are the kind of details she say? By the way, does she use full words on her text (ie. I am hungry. I want to eat a burger but I hate it) or is it "text" (ie. I'm hngry. I wnt 2 eat burgr but I h8 it)? This can help us out.

Also, you said that she is 25 and she replies to you a lot. Now this is quite intiguing although I need to qualify this "a lot" as you have defined it on the previous paragraph (ie. every other week) -- which for me is NOT a lot. I'm sorry. lol. And for me it makes sense because at 25, from the way you sound, she already has a steady boyfriend (worst case scenario) or has been seeing somebody or dating other guys that's why she just text you every other week. By the way, "busy" don't fly... It's just not true. Women will go outside their schedules for their man if she likes them -- come on. No such thing as busy. I mean, it may be true -- but generally speaking, it's not the real reason. 

Now you said that she ask a lot of questions. Questions such as, "Do you have a girlfriend?" is a plus but questions such as "What is your favorite color?" is a minus. It depends on the question. lol.

At the end though, keep doing what you are doing my friend... but don't rely too much on this 'text world' with her. You still should see her and pursue her if you like her. But to gauge whether she likes you back or not -- you have to have other means in addition to this to figure it out. 

Here's my suggestion though. aight? You know your cousin more than I do, so take it or leave it. okay? You said that she uses a lot of exclamation marks and emoticons. Try to "amp" that with her. What I mean is that if she texts you, "I am soooo hungry!!" try texting back, "Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Triple your exclamation marks and double your emoticons. Use crazier emoticons if possible but when she reduce her emoticons, drop the emoticons altogether suddenly. Gauge her mood with the exclamation marks and see what happens. :D

Pooch

You're right. We're not as close as we used to be in our teens. We talked almost everyday back then. I think I'm just remembering how our relationship used to be. We actually reconnected after we were teenagers because I had mental health issues back then: 

Now it's important to mention she brother zoned me back then, but I've matured a significant deal since then. She might see me as a different person now compared to back then. She does have a boyfriend now unfortunately, but that does not stop her from connecting with each other. When she let me down gently in our teens, two weeks later she dated someone else too, so she might have been seeing him for a while anyway.

We've been texting each other more frequently each time we text. She even talks positively about me around me and around others. When we reconnected, she told her mom about it. She also tried getting her friends to know me in the past as well. She also said she always thought I was a cool person.

She replies back a lot is what I mean to say. She always uses full words and uses good grammar in general. She does extend words like "soooo", however. She asks questions about my life and never any pointless questions.

Also, when I say busy, she says she has a super busy schedule. She's been a busy person since we were teenagers, actually.

15 hours ago, Yoshi said:

You're right. We're not as close as we used to be in our teens. We talked almost everyday back then. I think I'm just remembering how our relationship used to be. We actually reconnected after we were teenagers because I had mental health issues back then: 

Now it's important to mention she brother zoned me back then, but I've matured a significant deal since then. She might see me as a different person now compared to back then. She does have a boyfriend now unfortunately, but that does not stop her from connecting with each other. When she let me down gently in our teens, two weeks later she dated someone else too, so she might have been seeing him for a while anyway.

We've been texting each other more frequently each time we text. She even talks positively about me around me and around others. When we reconnected, she told her mom about it. She also tried getting her friends to know me in the past as well. She also said she always thought I was a cool person.

She replies back a lot is what I mean to say. She always uses full words and uses good grammar in general. She does extend words like "soooo", however. She asks questions about my life and never any pointless questions. 

Also, when I say busy, she says she has a super busy schedule. She's been a busy person since we were teenagers, actually.

Alright. I have heard enough bro. And although I know that you won't listen to me at the end of everything, I might as well say it: You got no chance with this girl, my friend. There I said it. No chance. Save your pride bro. Save it for yourself and for your manhood.

You do not need this girl. Repeat after me: You do not need her.

Now that I have said it, you do not want to lose her either. She is a good person and at the same time you should be nice to her as well. If things act up on your end, you should learn how to control them. Keeping them in check will help your self-esteem too, you know? :) I really hope things turn out okay with you. You don't need a romantic relationship with her. A text here and there is good enough. It is already a mistake that you fell for her. 

Do not go deep with that.

What you need is a wholesome and healthy friendship, not just with the opposite sex but with the same sex. Try to learn making new friends first before anything else and before you embark on anything "girl related stuff". On my end, for example, when I was 24 I just kept it cool. I focused on what I want in life even though there are lots of distractions and hurdles. Finances can be a huge issue too so a job is something you really need. When I got my first job, things changed because I was exposed. I was exposed to people, to relationships, to things that matter in the society. And it does not have to be a "career" (for a career is different than a job). A job is sufficient... It gave me self-respect and I felt people around me gave that respect to me as well..

As for the romantic endeavours, I was in a long distance relationship with my cousin at that time. I honestly don't know what our situation is. She is living on a different country with the Pacific Ocean between us. Seriously. Our timezone is different and things are tough. And so I don't even know if she is seeing other guys and she does not know if I am seeing other girls. But you know what, it does not matter. Because I kept that hidden in me and just put it on a locked box in my head. I prioritized first on what is important in my life at that time: to get my life straightened out and see how can I make myself proud. 

Know what I am saying bro? We are both guys... ;)

Pooch

On 5/14/2018 at 10:28 AM, Romalee said:

she could just be an outgoing person and that is her way of texting.

yeah... i'm 53 and i use lots of emoties and exclamation points! :)

Alright. I have heard enough bro. Sigh.. And although I know that you won't listen to me at the end of everything, I might as well say it: You got no chance with this girl, my friend. There I said it. No chance. Save your pride bro. Save it for yourself and for your manhood.

You do not need this girl romantically. Repeat after me: You do not need her romantically.

Now that I have said it, you do not want to lose her either. She is a good person and at the same time you should be nice to her as well. If things act up on your end, you should learn how to control them. Keeping them in check will help your self-esteem too, you know? :) I really hope things turn out okay with you. You don't need a romantic relationship with her but don't lose her as well. A text here and there is good enough. But it is already a mistake that you fell for her. 

Do not go deep with that.

What you need is a wholesome and healthy friendship, not just with the opposite sex but with the same sex. Try to learn making new friends first before anything else and before you embark on anything "girl related stuff". On my end, for example, when I was 24 I just kept it cool. I focused on what I want in life even though there are lots of distractions and hurdles. Finances can be a huge issue too so a job is something you really need if you don't have one. If you do, then good for you.. When I got my first job, things changed because I was exposed. I was exposed to people, to relationships, to things that matter in the society. And it does not have to be a "career" (for a career is different than a job). A job is sufficient... It gave me self-respect and I felt people around me gave that respect to me as well.. But yeah, I got male friends, I played Magic the gathering, have my own social circle too, goes to activities in the community and just get involved with people here and there. Volunteering helped me too.

As for the romantic endeavours, I was in a long distance relationship with my cousin at that time. I honestly don't know what our situation is. She is living on a different country with the Pacific Ocean between us. Seriously. Our timezone is different and things are tough. And so I don't even know if she is seeing other guys and she does not know if I am seeing other girls. But you know what, it does not matter. Because I kept that hidden in me and just put it on a locked box in my head. I prioritized first on what is important in my life at that time: to get my life straightened out and see how can I make myself proud. 

Know what I am saying bro? We are both guys... ;)

Pooch

3 hours ago, pooch said:

And although I know that you won't listen to me at the end of everything, I might as well say it:

No, I did want honest responses, and deep down, I probably knew this was the case anyway. I just wish things were different. She's like the best female friend around my age I've ever had.

You're right about another thing too... I probably need more friendships and even more things to do. I have a hard time maintaining relationships because of my aspergers. I do have a stable job, but that's it.

57 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

No, I did want honest responses, and deep down, I probably knew this was the case anyway. I just wish things were different. She's like the best female friend around my age I've ever had.

You're right about another thing too... I probably need more friendships and even more things to do. I have a hard time maintaining relationships because of my aspergers. I do have a stable job, but that's it.

Hey! You got a stable job! Bro, that's awesome. That is something tremendously to be proud of. Seriously bro. That's three times more important than wanting to know whether this girl likes you through text. Know what I'm saying? ;)

Anyhow, I just understand your situation though -- coz we are both men and I remember the time when I was in my mid-20s and into this "relationship stuff". I am 33 now so you figure it out. :P With regards to the minor disability you got though -- dude, don't get that thing into you. Yes, it is a challenge and yes it can be a hurdle. But then so freaking what bro? Just try to develop good relationships and if it gets frustrating, you can use this forum, if you want. I was an introverted person when I was in my early late teens, and primarily it's because I was an immigrant, in a new country, new environment and figuring out life during that time. It was a tough phase but you know what, forums and the message board helped me. I felt like I was anonymous, and at the same time, I learned new things, developed my English, and I was able to control myself. Before the message boards, I get easily startled when people talk me down and I get pressured and I panic. But with the message board, I developed self-control because there's just absolutely no pressure.... the people you interact with, although we are real people, are just "mere names" in your computer screen. If you don't like somebody here, then just either ignore them or respond in a calm way or something. It was a comfortable environment for me.

And besides, I like you here. You are respectful and is able to articulate himself well. You play online gaming which means you have something in you that is potential, waiting for it to be actualized in the real world. 

Oh and about making friends: just approach people and be interested in what they are doing. Developing your "small talk" skills is a plus... And besides, when the right time comes, then use that for the girl that really is for you. :)

Pooch