Jillian_Renegade83

Docu-series - looking for couples!

Hi everyone!

I'm a producer at Renegade83 in Los Angeles. I've spoken with KC and Lady C about our series and they've kindly allowed me to post here in hopes that some of you will be interested in sharing your stories.

We're doing a docu-series about couples that have kept their relationship private for fear of ridicule, judgement, rejection and criticisms from family and friends but are ready to come out and share their love with the world.

You can google our company if you are inclined to see the shows we've produced in the past. I won't ask anything of you that you aren't comfortable sharing. If you're keeping your relationship a secret from family and friends and you and your partner are interested in sharing your story with us, I would love to speak with you. It's as simple as that. Feel free to post here or private message me.

Thanks everyone!

This is a great opportunity to inform a lot of people. Staying in the shadows of society will not affect change. We have to stand up and be counted; otherwise, the taboo will thrive.

• Like 1

I appreciate that, KC. We definitely want to release the stigma with all "unconventional" relationships. Cousins, polyamory, age gaps.. Love is love and we want to show the world that these couples are just like every other couple.

If you are at all interested, you can email us at [email protected]

We are very nice, I promise :)

Hi everyone!

I'm still looking for couples who have a private relationship! Please feel free to reach out to me. Even if you are concerned and just want to know more about us, our company and our show! I would love to be able to fill you in and hear your love story.

Thanks!

I find it hard to believe that any cousin-couple who has kept their romance a secret, will want to come out on a TV show.  To be a cousin couple who decides to come out, it might be something like preparing to sleigh dragons.  The dragons being your family members first off, and then friends and others.  I wonder if there are any homosexuals whoever came out on a TV show ... besides Ellen on her sitcom years ago, lol ... and her career paid a price for that too, but luckily she has recovered. 

Perhaps on your show you should show the kinds of things cousin-couples are up against when deciding to come out of the closet.  Those are real hurdles to overcome.  Outlining exactly what you want to do on your show might make people more confident in coming onto your show. 

As for me, my cousin-love died decades ago, so I won't be going onto your show, lol.

Thanks Ambra_Flows!

Yes, absolutely. I totally understand that. This is more about releasing the stigma of "unconventional" couples to show the world how accepting we can all be of any kind of love. I think a lot of people hide their relationship purely in fear of judgement. We would be documenting the love between two people, showing the journey and hurdles they have had to over come and WILL have to overcome in coming forward with it to family and friends. The whole purpose of our show is to root for love and really hope love prevails in the end.

We are still looking for couples and I've gotten a few emails but some couples haven't responded back to follow through with our initial phone call. We're very kind and understanding over here and just want to talk. Reaching out to us isn't a set in stone commitment so if anyone reads this and wants to talk but is afraid of following through with being on TV, that's okay. We allow everyone to back out and don't hold people to anything until the final round of either committing to do the show or not. We completely understand how this is a big leap to take!

Edited by Jillian_Renegade83