Love Life

CAN I MARRY MY COUSIN

I love my first cousin. And I think she does too. I want to tell her that I love her. I'm from Sri Lanka, i herd that some people here marry their cousins and some not. And I want to know is that the story of birth defects is really true or not.

• Like 1

Prowl around this site for info about birth defects.  Do a Google search.  Read a science journal. You'll get the same answer. The risk of genetic defects to children of cousins is only slightly higher than anyone else.  It's about the same as a woman in her 40's having a child.

Lots of races marry knowing that there's a genetic risk to their children:  African Americans (Sickle Cell), Askenazi Jews (Cystic Fibrosis and Tay-Sachs).  If you are concerned about genetic factors, you can get tested.

• Like 2

Normal Couple ekakata Wada tikak wediyen balapanawa..normal couple ekakata labena lamayekta ehema wenna thiyena chanse eka 3%k wage cousins lata eka5% wage wenawa..paramparawe kalin e wage leda thiyena lamai idala thiyenawanam E wage leda lamayek ipadenna chanse eka wedi..google search karala balanna.. 

Edited by Nick