ImDamaged

NOT SURE if I should

I’ve been in love with my older cousin my entire life.  She’s smart, sweet, loving and oh so hot.  I’m in my late 40’s and she’s in her early 50’s.  She has a better body than most 19 year olds.  I get nervous when I’m around her.  It’s not that often since she’s in Texas and I’m in AZ.   I’m scared I’ll do something inappropriate like go an her hand like a boyfriend would, without thinking or try to kiss her.  I’d love to take her out for drinks and talk to her but she doesn’t drink.   That way I could blame it on the booze if she’s too freaked out.  We’d both know it’s a lie but maybe it’ll lessen the awkwardness.   Plus I would need the liquid courage to bring it up.  Does anyone know how I can find out how she feels without sending up any red flags?

damaged, you're a grown man. she's a grown woman. at this age (and i'm also at "this" age), women aren't interested in wasting a lot of time playing games. especially games like getting buzzed just to ease some of the awkward tension. seriously, you need to man up and just tell her you'd like to take her out without the liquid courage, and be willing to risk her rejection. THAT will show her that you're sincere, and that you're willing to be vulnerable.  she's far more likely to give you a chance that way.

• Like 1