• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mimi 36

confusing situation

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

1 post in this topic

Dear members...

I need your help in this, anyone who have a comment please post it :)

I'll try to make 12 years or so short....

i'm now about 24 years old, well educated, (planning to get a PhD in sciences, not the nerd type really :P), but used to be very shy...

as growing up, in adolescence (12 years old), i used to notice my cousin (son of my aunt, paternal side), and my feelings developed ever since, without me making not a single sign, just playing and having fun in holidays as kids... no one knew about it except my best frnd (girl) who happened to be a cousin as well.

It is ok in our traditions and religious beliefs for cousins to marry, in fact we have in our family examples of marriages between cousin, and my parents know now about my feelings, don't have a problem with it...

back to the important side... 5 years ago, we started chatting on msn, and facebook normally from time to time...

however in the past couple years, i started to notice some differences, and we became more close...

i have watched every single you tube video about love signs and body language for love and noticed some...

so here's the signs i've noticed... please let me know if these are love signs, or just being cousins, and best frnds...

1- i recently knew he does not answer his siblings or other cousins and relatives on chat easily, however, when i do (when he's online), he answers right back...

2- he asks me for advice concerning his future, and job opportunities

3- he tells me secrets, and things, that no body else knows, and asks me to keep it secret...

4- when i see him (which happens rarely since he works abroad), i can notice a big smile on his face, however, he does not speaks to me in family reunions and meetings... sometimes, i see him looking at me, and when i notice he takes his eyes away immediately.... avoiding eye contact.... i do that too...

5- the last time i saw him, i told him-via chatting of course- that i liked his outfit, he answered, i liked your golden belt too...

in addition, he sat the next day in the same place i sat the day before...

the first day he said: "where were u tdy i didn't notice you"

the second day i asked him the same question (since i was sitting in his place as well) he answered: the place u were sitting yesterday...

6- two years ago, it happened that he was in the country, and i saw him twice in the same day, the first time was in at my grandparents home, the second was at n8 by chance, at the grocery store (which is not very far from the house), and he surprised me from behind, but felt as if he slightly touched me, or became very close at least....(for your knowledge, it is not acceptable to touch or shake hands between different sexes in our traditions and religion).... than he insisted to give us a drive to home (me and 2 of my siblings), even though the  house is 5 min away walking...

7- he suggests books for me to read, 2 of them were somehow romantic so far.... one of which included cousin marriage....

8- he always stands by and give me intellectual support.... he even sometimes uses some of the words i used to tell him for support...

All the previous signs show interest, however, i tried several times to give him an occasion to express love, or to meet, but he avoid/missed it...

he also said it is early for him to marry, not before 2 or 3 years (he is not stable neither financially, nor in his job) until he becomes stable...

and he always wish me the best...

so here's my problem... can anyone please tell if these are actual signs, does he need more time and i still have to wait, and what can i do to move forward,  or i just have to move on, and forget my feelings, and be just best frnd with him eventhough it is very hard since i have tried to forget about him many many times....

Best regards, and thanks for anyone who could help :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0