Sign in to follow this  
lmknjbhvgc

Disowning your family and relatives over a failed a relationship

So, I had a failed relationship with my cousin (technically it was not a relationship, it was more of liking and attraction). Before it developed fully into a relationship, our families intervened. Most of the time it was his mom and sister, recently came to know about a lot of things that they said to manipulate people (it's kind of hard to forgive them but I try). 

Anyway, so my family and relatives were also constantly saying things to demotivate me. Years passed and I had no issues with any of them because of my cousin (I have always have had some kind of issues with everyone). 

But, the most recent encounter with my cousin changed my opinion completely. He brought his gf to my house, I felt awful (not her fault) because how everyone were interacting with her and it's not because of jealousy but, it just reminded of all that stuff between me and him and I felt pathetic. 

I have already disowned most of relatives, my relationship with family is not great anymore. I don't talk to my parents, I just can't forgive them. I may sound selfish but, lately I have been thinking of disowning them as well. It is a bad decision, but I just can't deal with anyone related to me :(.

Its about time to, leave everyone and everything behind me. I don't know if this is a bad choice :(.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:56 PM, lmknjbhvgc said:

I have already disowned most of relatives, my relationship with family is not great anymore. I don't talk to my parents, I just can't forgive them. I may sound selfish but, lately I have been thinking of disowning them as well. It is a bad decision, but I just can't deal with anyone related to me :(.

What about friends?

Pooch

I know ☹, it's sad to even think about disowning them. I didn't talk to them for some time and now it feels like they do understand my frustration. Only thing that bothers me is when they talk about my cousin's gf even if it hurts me. 

18 hours ago, pooch said:

What about friends?

Pooch

Friends have nothing to do with him or his gf. We don't talk about my past much, we try not bring up anything that can hurt any of us. 

But, relatives cannot be trusted at all. They all love to please one another but, I am a rebel and different from all. Just because I am different, they all portray me as a bad person. I won't let anyone make me feel bad about myself.

Friends don't really care about what goes on in my personal life, they just state their opinion whether I like it or not, but relatives say things to hurt my feelings. So, I just disowned them, no time for negative people.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, lmknjbhvgc said:

Friends don't really care about what goes on in my personal life, they just state their opinion whether I like it or not, but relatives say things to hurt my feelings. So, I just disowned them, no time for negative people.

lmknjbhvgc,

Methinks you have just answered your own question, and, as well as I could have......

On 12/10/2018 at 2:41 AM, Hawk said:

lmknjbhvgc,

Methinks you have just answered your own question, and, as well as I could have......

Believe me life is much better now! 

I love the way I am, I may not be living my life as per their expectations but, I know I never did anyone wrong :) and knowing that I am at peace with myself! I think it's okay to be not loved by everyone lol.

I have realized that people are not bad and I am not calling myself perfect, it's just we don't share similar values. I don't like to hurt people, yet I may be the one perceived as the most rude and cruel of all in my family. It's just some people bring out the worst in me, I have just distanced myself from them and I am at peace.