KC

Moderators needed

Hi folks. First I want to apologize for letting the original moderators go. I thought it would simply be easier on me. They all were great and collectively they were tremendous. (If any of you would like to help out again, please let me know). 

So I am looking for a few moderators who have the wisdom to make the forum run great. If you can spot spam, solve problems, and know your subject well, I would love to hear from you. It's an easy job, maybe 10 minutes twice a day is the minimum you would have to work. I prefer Christians but that is not a litmus test. If you bring an interesting worldview to the table, I am probably willing to listen. 

So write me and tell me why you would be an outstanding moderator here: [email protected]

Hi KC!

Will there be some perks/rewards/compensation too? Like being able to ban people if they violate rules and stuff? Lol. Or that power is reserved to the admin?

If not, how long is the term if you want to be a moderator? 3 months? 6 months? 😅

Can i get canadian tire money? I guess its better than monopoly money. Lol 😂

Pooch

Hi Pooch! You funny. I will be getting with you soon. Been looking for you. Terms are more or less indefinitely since so few are qualified for the job :P I don't have a long list of candidates over here. And there is no money.  

The difference in admins and mods is that admins make the rules and MAY (its usually just me) set up and maintain the software. We try to all work together. Mods can ban and moderate and all of that. You can edit or delete a message. I trust mods not to abuse their power though. How about think about a year commitment and then we can reassess the term. 

Ok Pooch, we are considerating you. We make these decisions together, so it will take a few days. 

Hoorah!

I want to volunteer to take care of the Filipino thread....Or the power is wider? hehe. I guess it depends on the traffic of the subforum, eh?

Back in college, I have been a moderator already on a message board --- so I kinda know what it is like. hehehe.

14 hours ago, KC said:

You can edit or delete a message.

We are gonna be the janitors of the forum. ^__^ haha

Pooch

16 hours ago, pooch said:

I want to volunteer to take care of the Filipino thread..

Ok you got it!!! You guys have your own forum, not just a long thread you keep alive!! You should be able to moderate that forum. Would you be interested in translating our language file into your native language?

5 hours ago, KC said:

Ok you got it!!! You guys have your own forum, not just a long thread you keep alive!! You should be able to moderate that forum. Would you be interested in translating our language file into your native language?

I know right? We just have a looong thread. Haha

Sometimes it gets people out of place. But more often, Filipinos flock together for a particular cause... so we are always on topic. Hehe.

If things get political, I always advise to create another thread -- the more threads, the better...as it is easier to follow. 😅

With regards to the language file, darn KC, it would be a privelege! 😊😊

Pooch

Cool! When I figure out how to create the language file, I'll get back to you. It can't be too hard. 

I really enjoyed my time as a mod, but, I'm not sure I'm up to it again. I had kinda fell by the wayside as it was when the mods were dropped. In fact, it was probably some amount of time before I logged in and realized I didn't have the mod stuff available. Life really got in my way along about that time, and, my whole outlook on relationships has changed, cousins or not. 

With that being the case, I'd feel either kinda hypocritical or half- hearted if I were to get as active as I once was, and start doling out advice. I always got some kudos for my advice, but, I've always tried to say it isn't that I'm good at what to do, but, I'm getting damned good at what NOT to do. That list HAS certainly grown since early 2016.....LOL

Plus, I'm off right now, but, I've put myself into a position to travel and make a boatload of $$$. I may even end up down in your neck of the woods. There's a LOT of this work going on down there right now. I've got a notepad I can get on here with, and would probably get a laptop. But, having the time, in a motel or camper or whatever accommodations I come up with, would probably be tedious. I will keep in touch, and if it looks like I might want to do the junkyard dog thing again, I'll let you know. I REALLY enjoyed playing whack-a-mole with the spammers, bots, and BS accounts..... 🤣🤣🤣

If you have any time at all, Hawk, I would be honored if you and or Nat would consider helping out here.  I need to give her a call. It's been lots of changes in my personal life as well. Oh boy. It never ends, does it? :D

Hi Hawk!!!  Been wondering how you were doing. Don't see much of you on fb.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Wow, that's a sad commentary for churches. I wish I could just say you're wrong, or most churches aren't like that, but I can't. The last two churches I belonged to (one where I used to live years ago, and another that just never had enough members to keep the doors open) and the one I'm attending now are certainly not that way, but my husband and I visited lots and lots of churches to find ones that were truly welcoming. 

You're right about this forum not really being very welcoming either, in that a lot of threads don't ever get comments. I can only speak for myself when I say that after 20 years here my heart really isn't in it anymore. I wish it wasn't like that, but it's true. The site seems to be on life support and *this* piece of equipment is worn out. 

• Like 1

It's always great to read your caustic remarks, Ken. Some of us have been here for 20 years trying to make a difference.  I guarantee that when we get new or unique questions, we answer them. CC.com just welcomed a new member to our moderation team a few weeks ago. Romalee graciously accepted my request to help after I decided that we didn't need moderators in addition to the admin team. What a jackass I can be! I can't count the number of years Romalee has been with us. So, Kudos to us despite the growing (or shrinking?) pains.

Merry Christmas everyone out there!

4 minutes ago, LadyC said:

Wow, that's a sad commentary for churches. I wish I could just say you're wrong, or most churches aren't like that, but I can't. The last two churches I belonged to (one where I used to live years ago, and another that just never had enough members to keep the doors open) and the one I'm attending now are certainly not that way, but my husband and I visited lots and lots of churches to find ones that were truly welcoming. 

You're right about this forum not really being very welcoming either, in that a lot of threads don't ever get comments. I can only speak for myself when I say that after 20 years here my heart really isn't in it anymore. I wish it wasn't like that, but it's true. The site seems to be on life support and *this* piece of equipment is worn out. 

I'm feeling it too! Remember when we used to get positive feedback on the forum? Good grief!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken said:

That is so funny KC. You remind me of some former church leaders I dealt with. As long as people were saying "you are doing everything just great", they were happy. But as soon as someone gave some insight from a new member perspective... they attacked.  You & I just don't seem to be able to communicate with one another

Ken, what happened to your status as a mod on the other website? I'm not certain why you keep on with your whining about churches and comparing me to past church leaders you had to "deal" with. If you dealt with them as you deal with me then I don't blame them for kicking you out.

Personally, I don't owe you a damn thing. Seriously, GFU! This isn't the Waffle House. Goodby.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Sorry folks. I flagged Ken as a spammer instead of just banning him. He disappeared. I don't miss him.

Ok thought I had missed something with "Ken". 

Just a little FYI KC, I have been here about 15 years. Just a short while before hubby and I married in 2004!

21 hours ago, KC said:

Ken, what happened to your status as a mod on the other website? I'm not certain why you keep on with your whining about churches and comparing me to past church leaders you had to "deal" with. If you dealt with them as you deal with me then I don't blame them for kicking you out.

Personally, I don't owe you a damn thing. Seriously, GFU! This isn't the Waffle House. Goodby.

Happy holidays to everyone!

LOL sorry, i know you've kicked him out, but this just made me laugh!

and yeah, i remember when we got positive feedback. it made it feel like what we did here made a difference. i think that's why we're all burnt out, because there is so little appreciation from those we try to help.

for what it's worth, it's not just here that i'm suffering burn-out. i just "quit" the pantry, too. it's not that i don't care anymore about the hungry people, i am just ready for someone else to feed them.

i guess that doesn't sound very Christ-like.